can we stop with the fixed fights nonsense

3600649-4756344441-21.jp.jpg

Favorable matchups for star fighters do not make it fixed.

@NorrisB

Fixed or not, Cowboy just straight up gave up. He wasn't out cold or anything close to it, just turtled up and waited for the ref to stop it. Not fighting back, not trying to improve his position, nothing the whole fight.

Your gonna get bashed by the army of McGobblers trying to bury you but it was clear as day how badly Donald flopped in that fight.

You forgot liberals. Facts really piss them off.

LOL!! yeah!! how about the corrupt conservatives that claim to be pro-life, pro-family, pro-religion and pro a lot of bullshit but they are the ones always pro destruction of nature and pro-nonsense war mongering??? yeah!! pro-life huh??? .... and when you present the facts to them that show how full of shit they are, they get so annoyed that immediately start denying everything in the most cynical and pathetic way possible. Conservatives and liberals = bunch of stupid zombies managed by the ones that really rule the world for their selfish benefit. Stop playing that idiotic card. It's all a lie.

Donald had less fight in him than a monopoly game.

Nobody thinks he didn't get hurt, he clearly ate several clean shots, in fact every shot thrown was clean, Donald didn't even try to block anythint.

Came in, took his shots, folded fast, and cashed in his millions.

Said it before, not paying 60$ to sit through the shit card, to see a 3 minute fight. Saw it this morning, and Lol'ed at everyone who actually spent money andtime on UFC 246.

You have never fought. Probably not even sparred hard.

To be honest I dont really know and its nothing I really think about.
But when fighters have a hard time manufacturing fake beef on social media to gain interest in their fights I have a hard time seeing them being able to fix a fight in front of audience and TV.
I can see UFC doing the Scala thing and more or less offer a bonus for an exciting fight "keep it standing".
Or like Bellator does with MVP, matching him up with lesser competition, or what Scott talked about with Kimbo having him fight 3min rounds.

But the risk is huge and several people would be involved in this.
Would it be worth it?

As long as I dont have to look at the short version gif of Rich vs Ken as "proof" I am good. :)

But again the risks here. All the people involved and counting on everybody keeping it quiet.

Read a great investigative article a number of years ago that completely blew me away and changed my understanding of how all of this goes down. Turns out that most boxing fixes involve exactly two people:

The promoter/manager for the heavy favourite, and the underdog. The winning fighter doesn't even need to know about it (it's much better for his psychological development as a fighter that he doesn't).

The manager, who is basically fronting the whole operation as his fighter tries to climb the ranks, knows his guy can handle the guy he's matched him with, but he also knows it's a fight and anything can happen. He doesn't want his fighter to get derailed by some inferior guy having a good night, so he invests a little insurance money to keep his prospects alive until they can achieve the big money fight where everyone gets rich.

Likewise, the underdog has already been derailed and knows he isn't going anywhere. Even a win is unlikely to pay off in any big way for him because he doesn't have the skills to make a real run. And he knows the chances of pulling off a win are very small anyway, so why not take the guaranteed payday and bring home a little extra cash for a fight he's very likely to lose, regardless?

That's basically how Butterbean's career was built (and there's some hint that some of Foreman's comeback was due to this stuff, as well, although the most anyone ever admitted on the record with Foreman was taking a dive early to collect a paycheck and avoid potential brain damage).

When you consider the way MMA works, it's hard to imagine that this doesn't happen in the UFC as well.

Wish I could find the original article (it was in the Miami Herald), but here are a few follow-up articles from different sources:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1999-10-31-9911040454-story.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/report-into-fixed-fights-tarnish-boxing-741365.html

http://a.espncdn.com/boxing/news/1999/1102/147922.html

Last edited:
Except Cerrone did the exact same thing against RDA, Gaethje, Pettis, Masvidal and Till.

As soon as he got hit, he went down and waited for the ref to stop the fight.

I’m going to need more evidence than that to convince me. I really don’t want that to be true

Do you know who else responds with insults when they are met with information they do not like? Children and retards

You know who watches fast-ending high-level fights and immediately starts yelling "FIX!!!"? Children and retards.

"Either you do what they tell you, or you’re fired,” Silva explained. "I won’t give up until they free the athletes. This promoter is killing our sport. There are fighters going back to work to support their families because they can’t live from the sport alone. They’re very poorly paid. We are getting organized and soon I’ll have news for my brothers in the ring. This will not stand! Some have tried to buy me, but I am not, nor have I ever been for sale. And I will fight to the end, to unmask these promoters, who are deceiving the public, cheating, and taking the dignity and the honor from our sport! This is turning a pro-wrestling show with fixed fights. We have to stop these guys because that’s the end of the line for us!" https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/wander...ot-proof-that-the-ufc-have-fixed-fights-33318

Very interesting looking back at Wanderlei Silva's beef with the UFC. He claimed that the UFC were fixing fights and this was years ago. Not that I think Cerrone took a dive, I think he was just bested, however it is interesting to have a look back at Wanderlei's claim of fight fixing

what’s even sadder is the amount of people who buy into this circus wholeheartedly and then have the gall to attack the people who see through this bullshit.

Clearly ufc didn’t want a scratch on mcgregor. 2020 is the year

"Either you do what they tell you, or you’re fired,” Silva explained. "I won’t give up until they free the athletes. This promoter is killing our sport. There are fighters going back to work to support their families because they can’t live from the sport alone. They’re very poorly paid. We are getting organized and soon I’ll have news for my brothers in the ring. This will not stand! Some have tried to buy me, but I am not, nor have I ever been for sale. And I will fight to the end, to unmask these promoters, who are deceiving the public, cheating, and taking the dignity and the honor from our sport! This is turning a pro-wrestling show with fixed fights. We have to stop these guys because that’s the end of the line for us!" https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/wander...ot-proof-that-the-ufc-have-fixed-fights-33318

Very interesting looking back at Wanderlei Silva's beef with the UFC. He claimed that the UFC were fixing fights and this was years ago. Not that I think Cerrone took a dive, I think he was just bested, however it is interesting to have a look back at Wanderlei's claim of fight fixing
I have been shouting this from the roof tops since they announced this fight....I was ridiculed ...called names and a conspiracy theorist....look at All of my past posts...I am done with watching anything with conor on a card and Cowboy should be ashamed of himself

You act like Cerrone hasn't done the same thing against guys like RDA and Till. Were those fights fixed as well?

You have never fought. Probably not even sparred hard.

LOL I had 4 concussions in my life IIRC 3 from training and 1 from a car accident.
After the 3 one I never sparred stand up again. My brain told me it was time to stop.
Last one also took a lot longer time to recover from.

that fight wasn't legit,no.
i don't really count it as a win.

Back