can we stop with the fixed fights nonsense

You aren't clever.
On the day after UFC 246 and Conor's comeback win, you are trying to discuss fixed fights rather than all the things that happened last nights. So transparent it's funny
Yeah all the talk of fight fixing reminded me of Wanderlei's claims. Why don't you go find a different thread to post in? This one is obviously beyond your capacity

I just think it's a damn shame that you have such an epic AV yet you're such a shit poster. Anyway, I never said it was a fix, I even said it in the OP. Cerrone was outclassed. I just think with all the talk of fight fixing and diving that Wanderlei's gripe with the UFC was interesting. No need to get all upset over nothing. Just leave the thread if you're that bothered

If you dont think it fixed than I it doesn't pertain to you, there are TONS of people here that do believe its fixed.
And I'm a great poster, look how many likes I have

If you dont think it fixed than I it doesn't pertain to you, there are TONS of people here that do believe its fixed.
And I'm a great poster, look how many likes I have
Hey, I'm an old school Wanderlei fan. All the talk of fixed fights reminded me of him. Sorry that my thread got you all hot n bothered

Donald Cerrone losing his 3rd fight in a row in 2020 as he continues to age is not a conspiracy, goodness.

I dont think UFC fixes fights.. The risks such as losing your fight promoter license is too great.
How ever I do think UFC matches up certain fighters with easy fights and spin it into a great win and give title shot based on nothing but flavor of the month.
Some times it works such as Conor vs Cowboy some time it back fires Barber vs Roxy.
but more than that? No

The chances that the UFC fixes fights is pretty slim, for the reasons you stated above. And nothing about last night's fights screamed "fix" to me.

But it would be naive to think that fights don't get fixed from time to time one way or the other in the UFC.

All sports have an element of match fixing in them. The NBA had a huge ref scandal not that long ago that's been swept under the carpet, FIFA had its thing a few years back, turns out that upwards of half of the Emperor's Cup Sumo matches were works, and Bob Arum's Top Rank boxing has been raided by the FBI numerous times (evidence is pretty overwhelming that Butterbean was pretty much just a pro-wresting style sideshow working over journeymen being paid to take it on the chin).

People who believe a sport with as many moving parts, uncertainties, salary disparities, and gambling links as MMA has doesn't have fixed fights are really living in denial.

Use your common sense guys, there may not be fight fixing in the sense that fighters get told and paid to take a dive, but I totally believe that there must be fight tampering going on, and suggestive bribery towards the officials who decide the outcomes of fights.

Just the fact that the ufc hasn't campaigned for a judge reform, makes them complicit.

Maybe it's convenient for them to keep the current system that employs ignorant and inexperienced judges in there?

Are the lines blurring or have they been blurred all along?

The chances that the UFC fixes fights is pretty slim, for the reasons you stated above. And nothing about last night's fights screamed "fix" to me.

But it would be naive to think that fights don't get fixed from time to time one way or the other in the UFC.

All sports have an element of match fixing in them. The NBA had a huge ref scandal not that long ago that's been swept under the carpet, FIFA had its thing a few years back, turns out that upwards of half of the Emperor's Cup Sumo matches were works, and Bob Arum's Top Rank boxing has been raided by the FBI numerous times (evidence is pretty overwhelming that Butterbean was pretty much just a pro-wresting style sideshow working over journeymen being paid to take it on the chin).

People who believe a sport with as many moving parts, uncertainties, salary disparities, and gambling links as MMA has doesn't have fixed fights are really living in denial.

To be honest I dont really know and its nothing I really think about.
But when fighters have a hard time manufacturing fake beef on social media to gain interest in their fights I have a hard time seeing them being able to fix a fight in front of audience and TV.
I can see UFC doing the Scala thing and more or less offer a bonus for an exciting fight "keep it standing".
Or like Bellator does with MVP, matching him up with lesser competition, or what Scott talked about with Kimbo having him fight 3min rounds.

But the risk is huge and several people would be involved in this.
Would it be worth it?

As long as I dont have to look at the short version gif of Rich vs Ken as "proof" I am good. :)

But again the risks here. All the people involved and counting on everybody keeping it quiet.

3600649-4756344441-21.jp.jpg

Favorable matchups for star fighters do not make it fixed.

Yeah they totally choreographed that knee attempt into those shoulders in the clinch. Then fuck it why not a clean head kick, a few clubbing lefts on the ear for good measure.

Yeah they totally choreographed that knee attempt into those shoulders in the clinch. Then fuck it why not a clean head kick, a few clubbing lefts on the ear for good measure.
Bro, I wouldn't go calling it a fixed fight, haven't you seen how upset people are getting? I just wanted to talk about Wanderlei

How ever I do think UFC matches up certain fighters with easy fights and spin it into a great win and give title shot based on nothing but flavor of the month.
Some times it works such as Conor vs Cowboy some time it back fires Barber vs Roxy.
but more than that? No
This....
<PlusJuan>

Donald had less fight in him than a monopoly game.

Nobody thinks he didn't get hurt, he clearly ate several clean shots, in fact every shot thrown was clean, Donald didn't even try to block anythint.

Came in, took his shots, folded fast, and cashed in his millions.

Said it before, not paying 60$ to sit through the shit card, to see a 3 minute fight. Saw it this morning, and Lol'ed at everyone who actually spent money andtime on UFC 246.

Back