Can we stop the whole "Ronda is scared of Cyborg at 140" talk??

She's not scared of physical harm but is ducking b/c its just too risky. If she loses it will impact her financially and her image which is making tons of money for her

Until she fights Cyborg, Ronda needs to quit all of this "I can beat any male under the right circumstances" nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that's part of it for Ronda, but the main reason this fight isn't happening at a catchweight is the UFC has no use for a Cyborg that can't make 135 if, by some freak occurrence, she beats Ronda.

This fight has to make some shred of sense for the UFC if it's ever going to happen, and at a catchweight, or in a weight-class the UFC doesn't have, it's lose/lose for everyone but Cyborg.

Lol'ing hard @ this white knight. Also lol @ "applauded" -something you obviously did- you should literally be embarrassed of yourself, you white knight. Did it hit you in the girl power feels?

Mayweather CLASSILY responded "I've yet to see any MMA fighter (see Rousey) make 300m in 36 minutes" showcasing just how far above Rousey he is both professionally and financially. He made more in that fight than the entire UFC roster will make in the next 10 years.

I think Mayweather came out on top pretty brutally there. Anyone saying different is a white knight (like yourself).

That's your response? Mayweather said blah blah 36 mins? Seriously, are you really unable to separate your own feelings about Rousey and her comments from how the media portrayed those comments?

You can agree, disagree, like or dislike what someone says, but how the media views those comments and frames those comments within a narrative is how the bulk of humanity interprets the comment.

A politician can say something that I think is total BS and stupid, but how it's perceived can be completely different depending on how the narrative is constructed. You're so busy trying to voice your dislike that you aren't able to objectively interpret what is actually happening in the media sphere.

Maybe I'm just more used to the media spin cycles and how bubbles of perception are created. Perception is often reality and that applies to corporate branding, politics and yes, fight promotion.

You might as well be one of those people that says, "No way people will buy her PPV!" or the idiots who believed Karl Rove on Fox News declaring that it would be a Republican landslide.

Get out of the MMA bubble once in a while and you'll see what the actual masses of humanity was thinking.

Nah, if you really want to hurt someone, really, really hurt someone you make them suffer and do it over a very long time.

Cyborg wants the money and the fame. Every day that Rousey gets bigger it kills Cyborg inside and Rousey knows this.

Think carefully about this... Rousey spent an entire year waiting to taking a shot at Mayweather. She's patient and she's perfectly willing to wait to beat Cyborg. She'll keep Cyborg on a string until Cyborg surrenders to all her terms and she assumes that she is going beat the brakes off Cyborg when they finally do fight.

She knows she has all the power, all the leverage, all the fame and all the money so she's going to use all her influence and leverage to make sure that Cyborg has to come crawling to her to have a big payday.

Most of you guys seem young so you can't wrap your head around how women think. Women NEVER forget a thing you've done. They'll remember every insult, every slight, everything you've done or forgot to do weeks, months, years and decades long after they happened. Remember that time you got in a fight with your GF/wife and she brought up the time 6 months ago that you forgot to take out the trash? Now imagine you did something to REALLY tick her off.

And if they're really spiteful, I mean vengeful types, they'll go for the jugular. They'll fight for custody of the dog even if they don't like your dog. They'll want your favorite recliner just because it's your favorite recliner.

Men fight and put it behind them for the most part. Women will inflict punishment and suffering until they're satisfied that they've paid you back for everything you've ever said or done and then some.

That's why Rousey won't bend on a single ounce, and why her mother said that Rousey won't even do a catch weight when she retires.

The idea that Rousey is afraid is ridiculous. Now, if you said Rousey was being spiteful as all get out... I'm 100% on board with that. Still, that's just how some women work...

So you're saying women and petty and evil? I agree with you.

Although I don't really think that applies to Rhoda tho. She seems fairly simple and straight forward. I doubt she cares about Mayweather and spends her days hatching up schemes to one up him that culminated in her little soliloquy at the ESPN award show. It's more likely Dana and friends marketing ploy to piggyback off of Floyd's name. No I think she's more like a dude, a tom boy if you will. She doesn't like someone, she'll fight them...that's it. She may still not like that person but I doubt she'll keep them in her thoughts. That's why she and Cyborg are so dominant in wmma..they're like dudes (mentally and somewhat physically) fighting chicks.

Ronda is scared. She dosent want the fight because she will lose. She just beat a title contender who wasn't even TRAINING in ANY sport 3 years ago. Ronda isn't ready for cyborg

Rousey is scared to fight at 140. Cyborg is scared to fight at 135.

Does that sum up your position?

Neither of them are scared; they're both trying to tilt the field to their advantage. And why not? They're not sisters, neither owe anything to the other. Why should either give in to the other's conditions?

They don't even like each other; helping the other out by changing weight (Cyborg has to lose 10 pounds of lean mass or Rousey has to gain 10 pounds of lean mass for them to be the same weight at cage time) is something people do for family members or very good friends, not for someone they don't care for.

Ronda is scared. She dosent want the fight because she will lose. She just beat a title contender who wasn't even TRAINING in ANY sport 3 years ago. Ronda isn't ready for cyborg

God women have it easy!

If she honda really walks around at 160 i can understand why she refuses to fight anything above 135lbs....
Would be the same as Hendo refused to fight anything alive over 165 lbs

God forbid anyone showing up 4lbs above the sacred limit...

My problem with her avoiding the fight is when the UFC started calling her the most dominant female athlete. She's not that until she beats Cyborg, which she's more than capable of doing. But if she's just going to stay in her weight class then stop overhyping her.

No we can't. Until she keeps saying she can beat any living thing in this world while not willing to move up 5 F'N POUNDS to face another fighter,we will talk about how much she is scared of Cyborg.

Listen. I don't like Ronda very much. She gets on my nerves a bit but I respect how dominant she currently is.

Let's be clear about WHY she won't fight Cyborg at 140 or even 145. He mother summed it up perfectly in a recent interview (I wish I could find it to give credit to the interviewer) and said that basically Ronda has a lot of spite. She hates Cyborg for taking steroids and knows she is far more popular and in the position of power compared to Cyborg. B/c of that won't give Cyborg the satisfaction of moving up even 1 pounds for Cyborg. She's not moving up simply b/c of spite. That's it. She isn't scared. It's very simple.

Btw, I'm not saying I agree with Ronda. I DO think she should go to 145 or even 140 if she is so sure of herself. If she's as confident and good as she says she is then 5-10 pounds shouldn't matter.

She could also gain some weight for the fight too. Give herself 6-9 months to prepare and get bigger. It's sad for sure, but I don't think it's fear.

No one is talking....everyone is typing

Nah, if you really want to hurt someone, really, really hurt someone you make them suffer and do it over a very long time.

Cyborg wants the money and the fame. Every day that Rousey gets bigger it kills Cyborg inside and Rousey knows this.

Think carefully about this... Rousey spent an entire year waiting to taking a shot at Mayweather. She's patient and she's perfectly willing to wait to beat Cyborg. She'll keep Cyborg on a string until Cyborg surrenders to all her terms and she assumes that she is going beat the brakes off Cyborg when they finally do fight.

She knows she has all the power, all the leverage, all the fame and all the money so she's going to use all her influence and leverage to make sure that Cyborg has to come crawling to her to have a big payday.

Most of you guys seem young so you can't wrap your head around how women think. Women NEVER forget a thing you've done. They'll remember every insult, every slight, everything you've done or forgot to do weeks, months, years and decades long after they happened. Remember that time you got in a fight with your GF/wife and she brought up the time 6 months ago that you forgot to take out the trash? Now imagine you did something to REALLY tick her off.

And if they're really spiteful, I mean vengeful types, they'll go for the jugular. They'll fight for custody of the dog even if they don't like your dog. They'll want your favorite recliner just because it's your favorite recliner.

Men fight and put it behind them for the most part. Women will inflict punishment and suffering until they're satisfied that they've paid you back for everything you've ever said or done and then some.

That's why Rousey won't bend on a single ounce, and why her mother said that Rousey won't even do a catch weight when she retires.

The idea that Rousey is afraid is ridiculous. Now, if you said Rousey was being spiteful as all get out... I'm 100% on board with that. Still, that's just how some women work...

You are hilarious. That post was completely asinine. Why don't you write a book on women's psychology with your wealth of knowledge on women?? hahaha

Sorry, but Ronda is ducking Cyborg. She'd rather trade insults with Mayweather and claim that she can beat anyone in the world in a street fight than to give up 5 lbs and fight the person who is most likely to give her the best fight based on accomplishments, nevermind that she is fighting in the most shallow division in the UFC.

Whether Cyborg is cheating or not is not for her to decide, let the athletic commissions take care of that. Her attempt at trying to claim moral high ground in this is pretty lame.

You are hilarious. That post was completely asinine. Why don't you write a book on women's psychology with your wealth of knowledge on women?? hahaha

Say what you will, but women pay higher attention to certain types of detail and have much better memories for those details than men. That's not a guess, that's the result of psychological studies on the topic.

They do remember certain things that men don't, see things that men don't, and are more likely to take those events into account when making decisions than men.

It appears that, compared with men, women may attend to and encode more information during ongoing events, experience similar rates of forgetting, and then show greater ability to access retained event information at recall,” said author Qi Wang, professor of human development in Cornell’s College of Human Ecology.

“Our findings also suggest that the content of memories is reconstructed over time in a gendered fashion,” Wang said. “The findings help us understand gender differences in memory and inform the theoretical debate about where in the memory formation process these differences emerge

http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2013/06/study-uncovers-why-women-remember-events-better

Ask a woman about your first date and they'll tell details that are only vaguely in your memory. They'll also remember the last time you made them feel happy or sad and the exact circumstances leading up to it.

It doesn't make them petty or evil, just psychologically different. And how they deal with conflict is also different. Partially cultural, partially physiological... it is what it is. It doesn't make them better or worse than men, just different.

If a woman is the type to hold a grudge, she can hold onto it a REALLY long time. And because of how women's memory works, will be keeping a little scale in the back of her head keeping track of who's ahead/behind in the payback game.

Rousey said on Rogan's podcast a few years ago(2012?) that she didn't think she was experienced enough to fight Cyborg and, iirc, that 'no one wanted to fight her'.

If she now thinks otherwise, it would be a good time to prove it.

I'm glad you got all of the stupid out of the way in one post

Cyborg just beat a girl who started fighting 2 years ago.. The girl who Cyborg beat before that has a 6-5 record and is nearly 40 years old.. the girl who Cyborg beat 3 fights ago is literally a grandmother
MuxlowMandelSherdog-e1376273668870-640x400.jpg

But sure, lets talk trash about Ronda because among all the undefeated challengers she faced, the last girl she finished in 30 seconds wasn't as experienced as Zingano or Tate. Still has better record than 90% of Cyborgs opponents

Last edited:
Whether Cyborg is cheating or not is not for her to decide, let the athletic commissions take care of that. Her attempt at trying to claim moral high ground in this is pretty lame.

giphy.gif

Listen. I don't like Ronda very much. She gets on my nerves a bit but I respect how dominant she currently is.

Let's be clear about WHY she won't fight Cyborg at 140 or even 145. He mother summed it up perfectly in a recent interview (I wish I could find it to give credit to the interviewer) and said that basically Ronda has a lot of spite. She hates Cyborg for taking steroids and knows she is far more popular and in the position of power compared to Cyborg. B/c of that won't give Cyborg the satisfaction of moving up even 1 pounds for Cyborg. She's not moving up simply b/c of spite. That's it. She isn't scared. It's very simple.

Btw, I'm not saying I agree with Ronda. I DO think she should go to 145 or even 140 if she is so sure of herself. If she's as confident and good as she says she is then 5-10 pounds shouldn't matter.

She could also gain some weight for the fight too. Give herself 6-9 months to prepare and get bigger. It's sad for sure, but I don't think it's fear.

It was Submission Radio.

You forgot the part that the spite is denying Cyborg the payday. Rowdy does not need this fight. She is rich enough already and is only going to get richer.

Back