Can we stop the whole "Ronda is scared of Cyborg at 140" talk??

2pyqpf4.jpg

This is all that need be said.

I don't believe that explanation. If she wanted to spite Cyborg, she should beat her ass in front of the world. She said she would move up to fight Carrano, but won't for Cyborg. She knows Cyborg will not be nearly as strong and that cutting that much weight will probably be impossible, but if Cyborg can cut that weight, her performance will suffer. I also wonder if Cyborg does make weight, how she will rehydrate without IV's. I've never cut weight like that, so I don't know how hard rehydrating is.

Cyborg is by far the most dangerous person Rousey would have fought if they ever meet, and she could definitely knock Rousey out with a good shot. Although Ronda's striking looks great when hitting pads, and has been improving, in my opinion Cyborg would annihilate her on the feet.

Ufc does not have a 145 division.
Ufc will not do a catchweight.

Those are the requirements. Cyborg either has to meet the 135 limit, or the fight isn't happening. No amount of BS is going to change their stance they've had for three years now. Cyborg can flip flop all she wants, but the hard truth is she either makes 135 and gets a title shot, or she keeps fighting in Invicta. Nothing has changed.

Its Queen Ronda though, if she said she wants to fight at 145 the UFC will make the fight at 145. Balls in her court bruh not the other way around. Pretty sure Cyborg just wants to fight her the title means nothing at this point.

Its Queen Ronda though, if she said she wants to fight at 145 the UFC will make the fight at 145. Balls in her court bruh not the other way around.

Nope, balls been in Cyborg's court for the last three years. She knows she makes the weight, she gets an instant title shot. It's that simple. UFC has already said they will not do a catchweight, not for Gina, not for Cyborg. She can stomp her feet and act however she likes, UFC hasn't budged since then. Hell, they even offered to pay her to drop the weight, instead she goes up to 175.

Why does everyone say that Ronda can gain weight for a catch weight fight with Cyborg? Ronda wouldn't have to gain a pound she doesn't walk around at 135 people, according to Ronda she walks around at about 155 so instead of cutting 20 lbs she would only have to cut 15 to make 140 not gain 5 pounds to fight at 140...........

Why should she go up? If Cyborg wants the belt, come take the damn thing. I see where she's coming from.
Cyborg needs Ronda more than Ronda needs Cyborg. If Cyborg wants it that bad, she'll make weight, plain and simple.

Nope, balls been in Cyborg's court for the last three years. She knows she makes the weight, she gets an instant title shot. It's that simple. UFC has already said they will not do a catchweight, not for Gina, not for Cyborg. She can stomp her feet and act however she likes, UFC hasn't budged since then. Hell, they even offered to pay her to drop the weight, instead she goes up to 175.

How does she know that the UFC will give here an instant title shot?

I think the UFC would rather postpone this fight for a few years until the public starts to lose interest in Honda.

The UFC is hyping this matchup up much like Mayweather/Pac hyped their fight. It was years of back and forth because both sides knew that their public interest would lessen if they lost.

Notice what you are seeing since Ronda's last fight? Cyborg on espn. Cyborg actually being mentioned on espn radio programs, etc.

I like to poke fun of Honda because of all the stupid shit she says, but the UFC are clearly the ones holding up this fight right now.

They are indirectly marketing the hell out of Cyborg every time Honda opens her mouth about her....every time Dana mentions her name during interviews, and on and on

You guys need to realize that Dana White is taking this straight out of boxing's handbook.

Ronda is lame. Fighters fight. Ronda is giving wmma a bad image with this soap opera bullshit.

Bullshit. How many male MMA super fights in the UFC didn't happen for the exact same reason: ALL OF THEM.

How long did Manny and Floyd bicker over the particulars of their fight? YEARS.

These things happen in Combat Sports.

Why does everyone say that Ronda can gain weight for a catch weight fight with Cyborg? Ronda wouldn't have to gain a pound she doesn't walk around at 135 people, according to Ronda she walks around at about 155 so instead of cutting 20 lbs she would only have to cut 15 to make 140 not gain 5 pounds to fight at 140...........
The extra 20 lbs of fat she carries around out of camp do her no good in a fight. To be competitive at 140 she would need to gain 5 extra lbs of lean muscle, and that's a year's work or more. Or alternately she could just figure she's strong enough as is.

Why should she go up? If Cyborg wants the belt, come take the damn thing. I see where she's coming from.
Cyborg needs Ronda more than Ronda needs Cyborg. If Cyborg wants it that bad, she'll make weight, plain and simple.

Cyborg has said she doesn't want the belt she just wants the fight. That's more than likely why she wants a catch weight

5lbs ain't shit, if you won't fight someone 5-10lbs heavier than you then your scared

I have to agree with TS. It's possible that Ronda is avoiding the fight above 135 out of spite. However, it's also possible that she is using that as an excuse to avoid Cyborg, as a lose could potentially hurt her long term career objectives.

As a fan, I don't care what weight class the fight takes place at. I'm just curious as to who's the better fighter, as they are clearly the two best female fighters on the planet. I guess that makes me a hater.

How does she know that the UFC will give here an instant title shot?

I think the UFC would rather postpone this fight for a few years until the public starts to lose interest in Honda.

The UFC is hyping this matchup up much like Mayweather/Pac hyped their fight. It was years of back and forth because both sides knew that their public interest would lessen if they lost.

Notice what you are seeing since Ronda's last fight? Cyborg on espn. Cyborg actually being mentioned on espn radio programs, etc.

I like to poke fun of Honda because of all the stupid shit she says, but the UFC are clearly the ones holding up this fight right now.

They are indirectly marketing the hell out of Cyborg every time Honda opens her mouth about her....every time Dana mentions her name during interviews, and on and on

You guys need to realize that Dana White is taking this straight out of boxing's handbook.

Pretty sure they've said since the begining they'll do it if she makes 135.

So now you are saying why should she make it, they probably won't give her the shot? Jesus fuck people. This is retarded.

Look, UFC won't do this fight at catchweight. Bam boom done. She has one option if she wants in the UFC, make 135. They've said it all along, and continue to say it. Cyorg can have her little tantrum all she wants, she knows what is required of her. If she doesn't want to make weight, then UFC will not have her fight for them. It is THAT SIMPLE. Same thing they've said all along. What, Cyborg going to ask to be released FOR A SECOND TIME? Already two nutritionists said Cyborg can get to 135 fine. What's the hold up all these years?

ts, use your brain. when has sherdog ever been a place for reason and logic when discussing fighters?

Pretty sure they've said since the begining they'll do it if she makes 135.

yea lol....because saying you'll give somebody a shot and actually doing it are the same thing

and, if you actually read what I said.....I said they will give her a shot...but it will be a long time from now when Honda's public interest is starting to fade

UFC and Honda has everything to lose by losing a fight to Cyborg....Cyborg has nothing to lose by getting her lunch money stolen by Honda because nobody pays to watch Cyborg fight anyway

She's also beat other fighters who have trained in sports all their lives.

An interesting distinction. I think Cyborg has competed as a professional in MMA longer than any of Ronda's previous opponents.

Back