Can we finally appreciate AI art without getting into conundrums about the supposed end of human creativity?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
It is after all a conglomeration of human made art styles combined with human prompts and then created by the AI.
Maybe I'm missing something but I can appreciate the beauty of some of the art without getting into a diatribe of "this is the death of human creativity and sickening" etc etc.
Honestly just appreciate (these are not mine, aside from the 💜 woman based on a prompt from the bottom one).

Puple.jpg
Ships.jpg

Scene .jpgViki.jpgRoomi.jpgRedi.jpg

It is after all a conglomeration of human made art styles combined with human prompts and then created by the AI.
Maybe I'm missing something but I can appreciate the beauty of some of the art without getting into a diatribe of "this is the death of human creativity and sickening" etc etc.
Honestly just appreciate (this are not mine, aside from the 💜 woman).

View attachment 1022633
View attachment 1022628

View attachment 1022631View attachment 1022632View attachment 1022630View attachment 1022634
I can't fap to AI art knowing that their fingers are messed up. The same reason why I can't let a prime Megan Fox give me a handy despite her being the top 0.001% hottest woman in the world

eecddb99f5cbe2bc963647c24b5b69a7.jpg

It's pretty impressive, honestly. Imagine what it'll be like in 10 years time.

All the hack "artists" who realise now they aren't a special snowflake are funny.......do better or fuck off.

AI might ween out the chancers, but the truly original, talented artists should not have anything to worry about.

I'm not a fan but I realize it's here and can't put it back in the bottle now. My part time thing is art sales, I'm an art rep for one artist. Lucky it's a unique concept that no one else that is a travel artist does. and Ive got a huge portfolio of stuff that sells.

I know artists who do not like it at all and are vocal about it. usually, their stuff isn't great and they are just sorta squeaking by no big profits. For them it's another excuse why they aren't making it, the AI PEOPLE are taking all the sales. But really they haven't been making money anyways. Some shows I display at have a thing in the contract saying no AI. but it's not enforced as far as I can tell

I get the feeling though that AI art isnt quite what it sells itself as, that is the AI essentially creating something almost entirely new via mixing together a lot of influences. I remember for example that "good looking woman from each country" thread here a few weeks ago were it was clear it was just reusing the same face again and again. I suspect what maybe happening is actually much more of a cut and paste job by the AI than is being let on and if so is probably going to run into serious copywrite issues.

All the hack "artists" who realise now they aren't a special snowflake are funny.......do better or fuck off.

AI might ween out the chancers, but the truly original, talented artists should not have anything to worry about.
This is true but. A lot of these "hack artists" are kids just starting out. They may have some talent but need time and room to grow and figure it out. Some take a while to figure out their style or a concept that sells, and get better as they get older. It's true some suck. But I think they should still get a chance to try for their dream. if the places that these young artists typically would get their start, eventually get overrun with ai artists , well, I guess I'm not a fan of that.

Seconded. A lot of the photoshopped and deviant art stuff have looked computer ready made anyway. Also the real artists will orr should be able to use the ai tools better. I made a thread about this ages ago because fine retuning the key words to create what you want does require an eye. As an idea guy I like being able to ably and easily put those ideas on screen. Current market, writing and art, is over saturated by non creatives.

This is true but. A lot of these "hack artists" are kids just starting out. They may have some talent but need time and room to grow and figure it out. Some take a while to figure out their style or a concept that sells, and get better as they get older. It's true some suck. But I think they should still get a chance to try for their dream. if the places that these young artists typically would get their start, eventually get overrun with ai artists , well, I guess I'm not a fan of that.

Why would AI effect that? They'd still have time.

Guess have to differentiate between artists for hire and artists for the art.

Personally I think AI art is great. It allows people who lack technical art skills to be creative and generate images previously confined to their minds.

I created these using DALLE-2, asking it to combine the art styles of Stanislav Beksinski and Hayao Miyazaki. I just love these images. You can clearly see the influences of both artists but the end result is something totally unique. They're simultaneously cutesy like Ghibli art, and ominous and oppressive like Beksinski art.

DALL·E 2022-12-12 21.23.04.pngDALL·E 2022-12-12 21.15.29 - stanislav beksinski art blended with studio ghibli.png
DALL·E 2022-12-12 21.39.46.pngDALL·E 2022-12-12 21.40.09 - stanislav beksinski art blended with studio ghibli in a cyberpunk...png
DALL·E 2022-12-12 21.38.37 - stanislav beksinski art blended with studio ghibli in a cyberpunk...png

The issue AI has with hands does seem to follow what I said as well, I'm guessing the problem is that hands tend to interact with other elements in the composition more than anything else so its not so easy to cut and paste them into the composition.

Why would AI effect that? They'd still have time.

Guess have to differentiate between artists for hire and artists for the art.
Yes for sure. I'm talking about art as a job. I know when my artist started out he hadn't figured out his concept that eventually let him do his art full time. He had years in it traveling and local with other jobs on the side before he figured it out. I just hope things like that don't go away for kids starting out.
I know for sure my small world it's effecting. Just in that a few large ai outfits have taken over a ton of space at many shows. which takes away chances to even let a young artist get a start.
But like some say if they were better it wouldn't matter. Art as a business is cutthroat anyway. This is just another thing to compete with

Honestly just appreciate (these are not mine, aside from the 💜 woman based on a prompt from the bottom one).

View attachment 1022633
View attachment 1022628

View attachment 1022631View attachment 1022632View attachment 1022630View attachment 1022634
Lol at calling that crap art.

Back