Can we all finally admit Conor would get ragdolled by a top wrestler?

when did I say that? but also are you saying Siver doesnt have a good ground game? it may not be elite but he certainly knows what he is doing

edit: just letting you know I assumed you were being sarcastic, sorry if you werent.... not trying to be a dick lol

Not saying you're a dick. I don't think siver's ground game is anything special. Mcgregor did what he was supposed to do, beat up an aging journeyman fighter tailor made for him to beat.

what makes you think a wrestler would keep him down long enough to win a fight? he may have got taken down but he was back on his feet and walking Siver down 2 seconds later

Because a non grappler took him down. Yes he got up, but a non grappler got him down. He shouldnt had been taken down once. Period.

Nothing in this fight gave any evidence that Conor would do poorly against a wrestler. TS had this thread in mind before the fight started. Sorry TS, but a failed thread.

Id say its playing out pretty well.

Why doesn't he have to fight Frankie Edgar first? Oh that's right. Cherry picked opponents all the way to a title shot... Dana and the Fertittas doing a shit ton of hand holding to prop up a paper challenger for a big pay day.

The UFC is becoming more of a circus side show every day.

Uh, what good is taking a guy down if he just immediately gets back up? Chuck was famous for it for years, as are other guys. A take down means shit if the guy just gets back up and whips your ass... you know, like what happened tonight. Mooks.

Shit, he also stopped several take downs so why not look at that? And as Gilbert Melendez and MANY others stated, Siver actually has good take downs. I take Gilbert's word over any shertard here.

Because a non grappler took him down. Yes he got up, but a non grappler got him down. He shouldnt had been taken down once. Period.

Jones got taken down by Gus. Jones confirmed for having terrible wrestling.

Why doesn't he have to fight Frankie Edgar first? Oh that's right. Cherry picked opponents all the way to a title shot... Dana and the Fertittas doing a shit ton of hand holding to prop up a paper challenger for a big pay day.

I know, what's even crazier is Edgar having two losses in a different weight class getting a shot. :rolleyes:

Frankie lost his title and got given a free title shot at 145, he got his face wrecked by the champ.

I remember when Poirer was supposed to obliterate him because he was 'elite' then gets his ass handed to him thoroughly and all of a sudden he's a can. This site is amazing

I know, what's even crazier is Edgar having two losses in a different weight class getting a shot. :rolleyes:

Reading comprehension kids.. It's important.

I said Conor should have to face Frankie for the title shot.

And everyone knows Frankie won the 2nd fight against Benson.

Seriously, Sherdog has gotten to the point where I literally have to psych myself up before coming here whenever McGregor is fighting or has fought recently. You have to be able to consistently ignore this stuff to be able to stay a member while staying psychologically intact.

I remember when Poirer was supposed to obliterate him because he was 'elite' then gets his ass handed to him thoroughly and all of a sudden he's a can. This site is amazing

Nobody thought Poirier was supposed to obliterate him. Lmao. I was even sporting a Poirier AV and even I knew he was a underdog, although I was hoping he was a live dog. That was pretty much the consensus on the boards too. So what the hell are you talking about.

Drink your Goat milk. It's undeniable the UFC is purposely pushing him by the elite wrestlers of the division to cash in their chips before he gets exposed.

IMO mendes, Frankie, lamas would tear him a new asshole. Beating a 36yrold journeyman coming off juice isn't terribly impressive to me

I dont know who would be impressed with him.:rolleyes:

Those barely counted as takedowns. Siver got less than a second of combined control.

Back