• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can we all agree that Izzy Koing Alex was KO of the Year?

Was trying to think of another KO in terms of significance/stakes but I think you're right with this one.

Adesanya vs Pereira
Emmett vs Mitchell
Aguilar vs Ross
These three knock outs come to mind for best UFC KO 2023

I’d there some criteria besides KO? Cuz it wasn’t the greatest ko. If we are just judging a ko for what it is. I guess what I’m saying is, nope.

Actually thinking about it it might be aspinall. I don’t know though

For the stakes and story, sure, and it'll probably get it for that. For the actual knockout though, no. There are multiple ones ahead of it.
not exactly, it depends on the caliber of the opponent. This was a championship fight against one of the best strikers company wide.

Josh Emmett had the better KO. Izzy's KO was obviously more important but as far as I know that has never been a criteria. Barboza vs Etim wasn't a big fight either. Neither was Buckley v Kasanganay.

Had Emmett not fought last Saturday I'd say Izzy deserves it but man oh man. Have to go with Josh when he killed Bryce and only the convulsions brought him back to life.

Emmet crushed adesanya ko... now live with it.... :)

Considering context, importance, legacy then yes, but if we're talking pure violence and aesthetic then the Emmett KO trumps it.

Really depends on what you're looking for

Back