Can we all agree T-Rex Reyes has no chance to dethrone Jonny Bones?

5ddeaa0e97a7f.png

Unless Jones comes in off a week long bender....
Jones is going down! This fight is the day of reckoning!

How can you say that after the way Vulkan handled Reyes?
I'm not saying Reyes looks like anything special.
I'm saying think the guy to finally beat Jon doesn't necessarily have to be anything special.
I figure Gus or Thiago (who few thought had any significant chances) showed that Jones can go to a decision which is still kind of uncertain.
Sooner or later I think that will happen and with a certain set of judges we'll see him losing 2-3.
I don't necessarily think Jones is declining, just that even the best in sports can't keep up a win streak forever.

Last edited:
Have a feeling Reyes shocks the MMA world and TKO's Jones, thus ending his reign.
Me too. Jones is going to lose sometime soon. Could very well be next weekend.

How any thread like this can be made after GSP vs Serra is beyond me. Upsets happen in fights, that’s the beauty of it.

I don't even know what to think anymore. Jones is physically looking older and hasn't had a destructive win outside of the Gus 2 fight in a long time. He's mostly been a decision machine. With Santos nearly beating him, it feels like his time is up.

The problem is these guys keep coming in that are completely starstruck like Smith or get injured like Santos. I think Reyes has the tools to beat Jones but he'll probably go in there and just freeze like everyone else. It seems like we keep getting the worst possible Jones in these fights and no one can pull the trigger to put it on him.

For the complete opposite of this, look at Izzy. Complete confidence and not a care in the world against Whittaker. That's the mindset you need against Jones and no one has had it yet. Maybe Reyes will but time will tell.

Theres always a chance. Anything can happen in a fight. It's not very likely he dethroned jon, but it is possible for sure. It wouldnt shock me as much as other guys losing in the past to lesser opponents that should have no chance.

Back