Can someone please explain why...

Masdival became popular for sucker punching Edward's but Karo became the most hated person overnight with his " do you know who I am bro!?" Tuf situation.

I legitimately do not understand how fans perception of fighters work. Most people are fed up with conor but he got away with lot of shit before finally getting called out for it.

Does nationality/culture play a factor in terms of an Armenian or middle eastern fighter is held to greater scrutiny?

For example Paul got kicked out of the UFC post Josh fight but conor punching old Man and:

Dana: it's an Irish bar. People get punched. Get over it!
Armenian xenophobia caused by the Kardashians
<EdgyBrah>

I thought Masvidal approached Leon with his hands on his back, not squared up.
Maybe I’m just different. If I have beef with someone and they approach me in an aggressive manner. I’m not expecting conversation. Im anticipating a fight.
If I get punched in the face because I was just wanting to talk shit, that’s on me. I’m not gonna say I got “sucker punched”

Maybe I’m just different. If I have beef with someone and they approach me in an aggressive manner. I’m not expecting conversation. Im anticipating a fight.
If I get punched in the face because I was just wanting to talk shit, that’s on me. I’m not gonna say I got “sucker punched”
You said squared up. Both of them looked unprepared but Masvidal had intent.

Masdival became popular for sucker punching Edward's but Karo became the most hated person overnight with his " do you know who I am bro!?" Tuf situation.

I legitimately do not understand how fans perception of fighters work. Most people are fed up with conor but he got away with lot of shit before finally getting called out for it.

Does nationality/culture play a factor in terms of an Armenian or middle eastern fighter is held to greater scrutiny?

For example Paul got kicked out of the UFC post Josh fight but conor punching old Man and:

It's usually males who admire guys like Masdival for sucker punching people or Jon Jones for beating on his gf. It's guys who worship alpha males and has a closet sexual attraction to them.

Most straight men who are not alpha worshipping betas aren't fans of alphas who commit stupid crimes.

Masdival became popular for sucker punching Edward's

Edwards was in front of him, looking at him, they were already in a conflict, Masvidal measures the distance with his left before throwing, and Edwards had his hands up when the punch came. I will never understand what definition people have for a sucker punch.

So the story goes that some guy at an NFL film study session falls asleep.
He is on the practice squad and he gets CUT from the team for sleeping at film study. Makes news around the league, don't sleep at film!!

The next week Tom Brady falls asleep at film study.

So they wake him up and say:

"Excuse me Mr Brady, we got you a coffee how you like it. Do you want anything else?"

Welcome to how the world works..

With the UFC it’s clear: you sell tickets, they got your back regardless of your race or nationality.
Fans are fucking different though and yes, the hate can be for racial/cultural reason.
End thread\

Seriously this is it. You make money for the UFC? You can literally commit crimes and you will get bailed out by the president of the company.

Fans are motivated by all kinds of things, the biggest factors: nationality, religion, race, and then way down lower than the Mariana Trench is morality.

Edwards was in front of him, looking at him, they were already in a conflict, Masvidal measures the distance with his left before throwing, and Edwards had his hands up when the punch came. I will never understand what definition people have for a sucker punch.

The thing I noticed was Jorge approaching him with hands behind his back to hide his intent.

I felt that the deception was considered a form of sucker punched. Also with colby he did ambush him.

He had a few decent lines like "three piece and a soda" and "super necessary" which got pretty big(might be missing a few more he said). People also liked his underdog story since he was an older fighter with an iffy record returning to "reinvent" himself with the resurrection phase(he called it that).

I remember that big KO over Till, Askren taunting him for fight and the Leon sucker punch all happened within a day. He was all over the media just for that and stole the show there.
Plus in the next few months he had one of the greatest KO's of all time on a massive card against one of his rivals and fought Nate on the MSG card to close out the year.

So to sum it up, all these moments that contributed to his popularity happened within a really short time span(2019), he was good on the mic, had a great channel at the time on youtube(check GenghisConFilms), underdog story and he was now seen as one of the more entertaining guys in the UFC by the end of that year.

This popularity really carried him a lot throughout the next few years, but he definitely lost the plot a bit and did become annoying a bit with him spamming the "super necessary" or "I'm gonna break this individual's orbital if I see him on the street" shit. Even more annoying that he's saying all this without winning a fight in nearly five years.....

the world was a different place back then. i don’t think it had anything to do with him being armenian. respectfully, karo has a rather unlikable demeanor. his “do you know who i am” moment made him seem like an everyday narcissistic prick, not so much a cartoon villain (e.g., like conor or masvidal). back in the 2000’s, people were more put off by things like that. these days, karo might fare a little better, but they’d probably still dislike him.

Masvidal is a sh*t talker, a lot of people like that type of persona. He's was threatening Chael Sonnen, like who honestly thinks Chael is scared of masvidal

Jorge was sent overseas to get starched by till. He had a big comeback ko, cheap shotted Leon, and then did an interview with Ariel on Monday after. I thought the interview was cringey but fans ate it up. His star was starting to grow and then askrens trash talk hyped up their fight. The knee exploded his popularity.

They were squared up. What’s not to expect? They are professional fighters and given Mas’s background it’s on Leon to not anticipate a punch.

They weren't squared up. Masvidal literally approached with his hands behind his back. They were also in public surrounded by the press, not a place you would expect a fight to break out. Also I don't think it was common knowledge Masvidal sucker punched people back then.

difference is karo was doing that to fighters a few levels below him. with mas it was someone on his level at least...

Back