Can someone please explain Jon Jones' PED history/infractions?

CaesarSinclair34

Intercontinental Championship Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I thought first time he popped was because of tainted supplements and dick pills and then the other time was when picograms were found.

Can someone explain why he is vehemently treated like a drug cheat, honestly just curious? Am I missing something?

Sherscientists know more than dozens of scientists with PhDs from Ivy League schools

It is known.

His history is nothing but years of innocence and spiked cocaine.

Sherdog has turned into a MMA/TMZ of sort so anything controversial will be consistently poked at. TBH idc as long we can watch them bang bro.

Check the internet. I heard there are a couple of stories out there.
BlondSpecificBlackfish-max-1mb.gif

Let me explain it:
It is all slander and lies from envious and hateful competitors who would gladly frame him.

Sure. He failed multiple tests. Was banned from competition. Then failed more and was allowed to compete because reasons. Thanks for listening.

Nothing better than a "why is Jon Jones treated like a cheater" thread.

giphy.gif

Still not a concrete answer, the two infractions were explained by dick pills and tainted supplements. I'm looking for an answer to why he is labeled a drug cheat despite these reasons

Still not a concrete answer, the two infractions were explained by dick pills and tainted supplements. I'm looking for an answer to why he is labeled a drug cheat despite these reasons
The tbol was never proven as tainted supplements.

USADA and/or independent third parties have never said that Jon Jones took anything intentionally. If you call him a cheater, beware that this is your (biased) opinion and not supported by experts

First USADA adverse result:

"On the evidence before the Panel, the Applicant is not a drug cheat. He did not know that the tablet he took contained prohibited substances or that those substances had the capacity to enhance sporting performance. However by his imprudent use of what he pungently referred to as a "dick pill" he has not only lost a year of his career but an estimated nine million dollars. This outcome which he admits to be a wake-up call for him should serve as a warning to all others who participate in the same sport. "

Second adverse result:

“The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18-months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator’s decision and believe that justice was served,” USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart said in a statement.

And now the last issue regarding long-term metabolites

After examining the scientific literature on this substance and the extensive testing history on Jones and consulting with leading scientific experts, USADA has concluded that the extremely low level of DHCMT in Mr. Jones’ December 9, 2018 sample is consistent with residual amounts from his prior exposure for which he was previously sanctioned.
USADA has also concluded that consistent with the prior finding by the independent arbitrator, at these extremely low levels, Jones obtained no performance enhancement from this level. The level reported was at approximately 60 pg/mL and there was no parent drug or other metabolites of the drug in his sample. As a result of these findings, USADA has determined that Mr. Jones is not facing a violation per the UFC Anti-Doping Policy.

Lots of shit and still the GOAT. It ain't easy.

USADA and/or independent third parties have never said that Jon Jones took anything intentionally. If you call him a cheater, beware that this is your (biased) opinion and not supported by experts

"On the evidence before the Panel, the Applicant is not a drug cheat. He did not know that the tablet he took contained prohibited substances or that those substances had the capacity to enhance sporting performance. However by his imprudent use of what he pungently referred to as a "dick pill" he has not only lost a year of his career but an estimated nine million dollars. This outcome which he admits to be a wake-up call for him should serve as a warning to all others who participate in the same sport. "

First of all, it was never clear to me, how was it "proven" that the test was positive due to the dick pills? Did Jones keep the receipt from the shitty dick pills he got at the bodega? Was it ever said who manufactured these dick pills? Is it pure coincidence that he took them prior to his fight? Did he derive a performance benefit from them anyway? Because if he did, that is still fighting in a juiced state, oblivious or not. What is an elite athelte in his 20's doing taking dick pills, anyway? Is Jones truly stupid enough to buy random dick pills at a chinese store instead of a legit place? Were his levels consistent with regular juicing? Anyway, none of these thing were ever clear to me, which is the reason that I have my doubts, and the test, after all, was positive. But in the end, who knows.

Second adverse result:

“The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18-months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator’s decision and believe that justice was served,” USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart said in a statement.

Why was it thought he did not cheat intentionally? Was it ever clarified where the prohibited substance came from? Which "supplement"? I remember Joe speculating that it was tainted cocaine. But again, did Jon present some of his cocaine stash to be tested? What's the hypothesis here, if it isn't cheating? Again a big coincidence? Turinabol is a substance that is ilegal, to the point that there is almost no literature or documented human tests on it outside one Russian doctor, and we are supposed to think this shit is being thrown in random supplements? Not saying it isn't, but what's the proof here? Again, there is room for doubt.

After examining the scientific literature on this substance and the extensive testing history on Jones and consulting with leading scientific experts, USADA has concluded that the extremely low level of DHCMT in Mr. Jones’ December 9, 2018 sample is consistent with residual amounts from his prior exposure for which he was previously sanctioned.
USADA has also concluded that consistent with the prior finding by the independent arbitrator, at these extremely low levels, Jones obtained no performance enhancement from this level. The level reported was at approximately 60 pg/mL and there was no parent drug or other metabolites of the drug in his sample. As a result of these findings, USADA has determined that Mr. Jones is not facing a violation per the UFC Anti-Doping Policy.

I watched the Novitzky podcast with Rogan on this, and I know he's not a doctor. But from what he said, I left, again, with many doubts. So, it's consistent with the residual amount, but is it also consistent with him potentially juicing during his suspension? Or after it? Why is it popping now and not before? Is there a real scientific understanding of how this substance behaves, how long it stays in one's system, and if the metabolites provide any performance benefits? If so, where does this understanding come from? Which tests, which experiemnts? Again, Novitzky said repeatedly that this t-bol stuff is rare, highly ilegal and has been mostly documented by that Russian doctor of the Icarus documentary, and nobody else. There might be some proof or info I'm missing, but from the POV of the common man, these are some of the questions that come to mind. I still think of Jones as one of the GOATs, but I'm not sold on his lack of juicing without more definitive proof. I can't really think of anybody else who tested positive 3 times and was clean.

I thought first time he popped was because of tainted supplements and dick pills and then the other time was when picograms were found.

Can someone explain why he is vehemently treated like a drug cheat, honestly just curious? Am I missing something?
I know "haters going to hate" sounds too simple but it really fits here. People don't like Jones and any evidence that contradicts their belief he is a shit human gets the tinfoil hat treatment. After USADA(the organization that collected Jones's "positive" tests in the first place) basically revealed he was innocent the haters then started making insane conspiracy theories. At that point I lost hope they'd ever lose the hatred in their heart cause the facts simply don't matter to them.

And no other fighter whose tested positive for PED's(correctly or incorrectly) has ever received the crocodile moral condemnation for it that Jones has.

The complete timeline has been compiled here.

Second adverse result:

All this innocence yet he was suspended a year and then 4 more years (reduced by snitching). How unfair!

What really matters is him ragdolling Cormier in their first and KTFO him in their second with a vicious high-kick. The rest doesn't matter. P.S.: With Cormier being 15 pounds heavier than Jones, just to remember.

RESPECT JON "GOAT" JONES.

Back