Can someone explain why Gaethje is so dangerous for Conor?

Watcha gunna doo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I keep reading this but no one really explains why. What's so special about him except his stupid ass name that I had to google to spell it right. Fuck that name

Because he will most likely eat Conmans best shots and then make him forget the names of his children

or just you know.. use his D1 wrestling to get a TD by just giving him a mean look

He will swallow Conor's onslaught and give his own out and much worse. Also has the wrestling to panic with even if he does get hurt.

Like he ate Dustin's and Eddies shots?
Can't remember the Eddie fight but Dustin had to go through a lot in that fight. A lot that Conor wouldn't have gotten through. He'd have quit

Can't remember the Eddie fight but Dustin had to go through a lot in that fight. A lot that Conor wouldn't have gotten through. He'd have quit
He wouldn't have to quit as Conor would most likely ko him a lot sooner, without having a tough fight.

I love gaethje but I think Conor wins that matchup easily. He doesnt use his wrestling and if hes having a brawl with Eddie hes just as hittable. Conor would matador him and finish him by rd 2

He wouldn't have to quit as Conor would most likely ko him a lot sooner, without having a tough fight.
The reality is the odds would probably be a pick em. I think Conor would find a way out though.

He's shown of good defence in his last 3 fights, improved IQ and timing.
His KO shots of Barboza and Cerrone were extremely calculated and timed shots.

Barboza circles out to the right the first time Gaethje pressures him against the cage with the right straight so Gaethje made the immediate adjustment and caught him flush with a tricky punch the next time Barboza tried.
He's making reads in very chaotic fights and that's extremely hard to do.

and his leg kicks are unmatched.

Would be a great fight and winnable for both.

I love gaethje but I think Conor wins that matchup easily. He doesnt use his wrestling and if hes having a brawl with Eddie hes just as hittable. Conor would matador him and finish him by rd 2
He is very obviously not the same fighter. More methodical these days.

He's not, he's a showcase fight for Conor, is tough enough that we'll get to see a wider array of Conor's skills so that's a plus.

He isn't.
He's just more dangerous than a washed-up Cowboy and would've been a better match-up or rather better matchmaking for Conor to come back to.

He is very obviously not the same fighter. More methodical these days.
I'm not convinced that he can maintain that composure while actually getting hit. It's easy to be methodical when guys are doing nothing to you.

It would be fun, Justin kicks so hard and is relentless. Sure, Conor could sleep him early but who knows.

Gaethje has the ability to withstand an early onslaught. He has great power in his hands and solid boxing. He has some of the best leg kicks in the game. He can push forward and make it a dog fight. Has good wrestling to lean back on if necessary. There’s plenty of reasons to believe he could present problems for Conor.

hype.

Gaethe lost to Alvarez, Poirer and the won vs Edson was because of eyespoke, he also got rocked hard in Johnson fight.

He is fun to watch but I would not put my money on Gaethe in a Conor fight.

Haha, 1st problem with that is Conor would never get hit anywhere near as much in the first place and Justin would be eating 2 or 3 for every shot he gets close with.

Nice payday for Justin but he knows there's a gulf in class.

Like he ate Dustin's and Eddies shots?

Both Dustin and Eddie went through hell for 2-3 rounds to beat him. Conor hasn't shown the ability to go through that type of adversity.

As for the question at hand. Conor's losses all come from guys who weren't afraid to pressure him:

Duffy pressured right through him, took him down, submitted him.
Nate pressured through conor until conor panic wrestled.
Khabib literally walked conor down.

Gaethje is a fantastic Pressure fighter, but more than that he's become a very smart pressure fighter. On top of all of that he has lethal leg kicks and Conor's stance is very open for leg kicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back