Can someone explain why Gaethje is so dangerous for Conor?

<Bottle.gif>
Sorry I had to but jokes aside... Solid chin, brutal leg kicks, forward pressure unlike any conor opponent, decent defence as of late, high volume etc. He's dangerous... Dammit ts it just works ffs lol

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png

I feel like I'm losing IQ points just by having a conversation with you.

You still haven't shown me the data I'm asking for.

I love gaethje but I think Conor wins that matchup easily. He doesnt use his wrestling and if hes having a brawl with Eddie hes just as hittable. Conor would matador him and finish him by rd 2
Gaethje is better since that fight though

Gaethje has the best low kicks at LW, he has one punch KO power, he's very durable and he fights at a very fast pace. I can see Conor winning by TKO early but if he doesn't by 7.5 minutes Gaethje will break him.

Why are Conor fans so insecure?

Yeah, I disagree with you there. He does like a catch and pitch method exceptionally well, but with kicking instead of boxing.

giphy.gif

He times leg kicks off of jabs really well right when they place their weight on their lead leg. The guy is really good at it

MiniatureDentalBlackpanther.gif

He'll also feint level changes which get people to back up and as they step back he lands a low kick. He low kicks while pushing off from the double collar hold are very effective too.

You don't land like 40 leg kicks a fight without getting checked unless you're really good at setting them up. He did get countered once by Dustin though as the fight went late and he got lazy with them, which also resulted in him losing the fight. So of course he can be countered, but in general he's one of the best leg kickers in the game. what's scary is that he's just as good with inside low kicks as he is with outside.
Do you really think that if you can see notice these setups (not to imply that you are unknowledgeable), that Conor and his coaches, who will be watching every Gaethje fight if this matchup happens, won't also notice these kinds of things, and devise a way to counter them? the leg kicks do open up Conor's straight left. No clue if they would be successful or not in their attempts to mitigate the leg kicks, but if there's a fighter I trust on the ufc roster to find a way to counter a strike better than anyone, it'd probably be Conor.

He's kinda not. Gaethje can be KO'd and Conor at 170 lbs has enough juice to do it. Problem is Gaethje has somewhat of a jaw, leg kicks like a horse and can wrestle. It's an actual dangerous match for Conor unlike the Cowboy fight. The real threat are the guys that have relatively low damage to their brains like Leon Edwards and The Owl Man.

Do you really think that if you can see notice these setups (not to imply that you are unknowledgeable), that Conor and his coaches, who will be watching every Gaethje fight if this matchup happens, won't also notice these kinds of things, and devise a way to counter them? the leg kicks do open up Conor's straight left. No clue if they would be successful or not in their attempts to mitigate the leg kicks, but if there's a fighter I trust on the ufc roster to find a way to counter a strike better than anyone, it'd probably be Conor.

Everyone has noticed them, just like everyone knows about Conor's left hand. It hasn't helped their opponents much. Even the guys who beat Gaethje got their legs chewed up.

Last edited:
Back