Can someone explain to me why Tyron Woodley is so hated on here?

Everyone is hated. It just depends on how their night goes if/how we are gonna hear it or not. Brb gonna complain about Woodley haters and then go rant about how overrated Lawler is.

I would explain it but it's not good for my brand

Hating a fighter cause they gas? This IS objectively dumb.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. That made no contextual sense whatsoever.

It wasn't the most of earned title shots, but the good news is, that he managed to get the belt and has a lot of fresh and worth contenders as a result.
WW is the deepest division for deserving contenders right now.

I love Diaz but he has no business in a title fight and I doubt he wants to fight a no-name wrestler as his return fight.

Woodley, Maia and Magny are the deserving contenders, in that order. GSP could be a 4th fight but does he want to fight for the belt right away? Probably not.

WW is stacked and it needs an active champion desperately. To have a brand new champion immediately turn down 3 deserving contenders is extremely frustrating and immensely off putting.

If Woodley does fight Wonderboy next, then that's perfect. But to get the belt and immediately start playing politics? Fuck that and fuck him. Those 3 contenders are actually active and have recent CONSECUTIVE relevant wins.

People complaining about Woodley waiting for his shot: well obviously that worked right!?

And doing that is a gamble, because you aren't getting paid so he is dealing with the consequences of that as well

Probably the hate started because he refused to fight a roided up Lombard. Sherdog is weird at times. They say that Hunt has no one to blame because everyone knew that Brock was on roids but took the fight while condemning Woodley for refusing to take on Lombard who tested positive few months later

That's just wrong. We're not threatened by them at all. A lot of us see the truth. Statistically, we are better than them in MMA. We have Fedor, GSP, Cro Cop, Barnett, Sonnen, McGregor, and Lesnar. Who do they have? Don't include cheaters.

Like me if you agree.
you just included cheaters though.

WW is the deepest division for deserving contenders right now.

I love Diaz but he has no business in a title fight and I doubt he wants to fight a no-name wrestler as his return fight.

Woodley, Maia and Magny are the deserving contenders, in that order. GSP could be a 4th fight but does he want to fight for the belt right away? Probably not.

WW is stacked and it needs an active champion desperately. To have a brand new champion immediately turn down 3 deserving contenders is extremely frustrating and immensely off putting.

If Woodley does fight Wonderboy next, then that's perfect. But to get the belt and immediately start playing politics? Fuck that and fuck him. Those 3 contenders are actually active and have recent relevant wins.

I have no issue with Diaz if it happens at 202. If it happens at 207 or whatever then it is an issue. But if the champ wins at 201 and is willing to do a 1 month turnaround, give him the money fight. Its a sign that the sport itself is broken when a champ can earn more money from fighting Nick Diaz than a legit number 1 contender.

It's obviously because he's athletic, explosive, arrogant, black, and has the belt.

Also called Jon Jones syndrome.

cuz he's ducked fights in the past, gave boring performances, claimed people said he gasses due to racism, bitches the UFC dont promote him enough.........u want me to go on?

That time he blatantly ducked Lombard, and is now blatantly attempting to duck Wonderboy might have something to do with it IDK.

Because he ducked his teammate Hector Lombard only to fight another teammate and called it a honor. That's just f'n disrespectful. If I was Robbie, I'll take offense greatly. Why should anyone like Woodley for such behavior?

These seem like valid reasons.

People complaining about Woodley waiting for his shot: well obviously that worked right!?

And doing that is a gamble, because you aren't getting paid so he is dealing with the consequences of that as well
Obviously it did work out for him but how can any fight fan support that mindset?

I love Wonderboy and he's hot af right now. As a fan, I can't imagine supporting him if he said he'd like to sit out for the next 16 months while GSP and Diaz fought for the title.

ultimately if a fighter doesn't fight then who can be in favor of that? What kind of fan am I if I want my favorite fighters to sit out and remain inactive for extended lengths?

cuz he's ducked fights in the past, gave boring performances, claimed people said he gasses due to racism, bitches the UFC dont promote him enough.........u want me to go on?

Add in strikeforce he said he was complacent being a blanket if other fighters couldn't stop it. But no its because he's black

It's really simple.This site is filled with racist rednecks who will hate on any black fighter for any reason. If Tyrone was white, he wouldn't receive anywhere near the level of hate that he has to deal with.

Back