Can someone explain me how the UFC is holding TWO events on May 31?

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Wasn't aware of this til now and I'm wondering how is this gonna work.

Ok, probably they will not be held simultaneously but still, 2 events in one day is crazy.

Anyone has an idea of how is it going to be? And also, what time?

Thanks

One is in Brazil. One is in Germany. Different time zones. Different target audiences.

UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi starts at 12:30pm EST, main card 3:00pm EST on UFC Fight Pass from Berlin, Germany.

TUF Brazil 3 Finale: Miocic vs. Maldonado main card starts at 10:00pm EST on Fox Sports 1 from Sao Paulo, Brazil. Don't know when prelims will be on, probably 6:00 or 7:00 EST.

It's not the first time there have been two events in one evening. I forget what events they were prior, but I believe it was another TUF Finale.
They got some other guy to replace Bruce Buffer. I wonder if they'll use the same guy again.

The UfC is becoming way to watered down

Good thing its so easy to pick and choose which fights you want to watch. You can DVR cards, FFW the fights you dont want to see. Technology is pretty cool, check it out.

They've done it before I'm pretty sure.

It has happened before. I believe it was UFC 112 and a TUF finale. I could be wrong though.

UFC has done it at least once (Brisbane/Las Vegas) before and is planning on doing it several times the rest of 2014.

May 31 = Berlin/Sao Paulo
June 28 = Auckland/San Antonio
August 16 = Macau/Tulsa
October 4 = Helsinki or Stockholm/Halifax

UFC marathon: pizza, wings, beer, repeat.

I dig.

The UfC is becoming way to watered down

Compared to when? 2006? They have a huge roster now, it makes sense to have them all fight. Or by watered down you meant, "i have no idea who is fighting, UFC sucks".

I personally don't care about the brazil card. UFC must feel the same?

Yeah , it's pretty simple actually

tumblr_inline_mm5n4abkuq1qacg1c.jpg

UFC has done it at least once (Brisbane/Las Vegas) before and is planning on doing it several times the rest of 2014.

May 31 = Berlin/Sao Paulo
June 28 = Auckland/San Antonio
August 16 = Macau/Tulsa
October 4 = Helsinki or Stockholm/Halifax

I think the Macau + Tulsa events are on August 23rd. I actually like that they are doing this, Ppl act like they need to watch it all live. I'll probably end up watching the May 31st cards between Saturday and Sunday.

I personally don't care about the brazil card. UFC must feel the same?

They planned two big fights for the card. Chael vs Wand was supposed to happen and Wand ended up hurt in the scuffle on TUF and JDS vs Miocic was supposed to happen but JDS broke his hand. Hard to salvage a card after those two injuries.

Lol wow thought this was a troll job. Damn. They could hold 5 events if they wanted to..

Back