Can reem's chin survive roy's right hand?

If Roy connects clean there's no way Reem can survive.

Ok but he lost 3 of his last 4

yeah but those werent fights where he disappointed. I think people expected him to lose those fights,those are beyond his level. Everyone THINKS overeem's level is like that of jds/cain/stipe etc,but that is false.

Reem lost to ben rothwell not ranked at the te and beat mir who had lost last 3 he shouldnt be top 10 lmao. Big nog aint top 10. Roy will lose to more well rounded fighters yeah and reem will lose to guys with good chin and ko power

Mir was top 10 and should have been he was pretty much fighting only top 6 guys. JDS, DC and Barnett were all like top 6 or better when they beat Mir, you're stock doesn't drop much when you are losing to the very best.

Ben's ranking before the Overeem fight was likely somewhere in the top 15 range, then he beat Struve who was likely in that same rage, that should have put him back in the top 10.

His fight IQ was fine against Shogun, Chuck, Sergei, he just lost.

His did not fight smart against Browne or Bigfoot, you don't fight Bigfoot with your hands down like he's got a great shot cause he doesn't, Bigfoot takes guys down from the clinch not with singles and doubles but he fought him like he was Brock.

And i thought i talk about wrestling/td a lot. He lost cuz he has no chin
No fight iq can make his chin better. He will have a good start,but likely get ktfo in 2nd

Mir was top 10

how? explain this. he lost three fights before he even faced overeem. He was being fed to overeem in hopes of not cutting him and it worked.

Reem can win this if he takes Roy down early and pounds him out. Which Reem is MORE than capable of doing.

yeah but those werent fights where he disappointed. I think people expected him to lose those fights,those are beyond his level. Everyone THINKS overeem's level is like that of jds/cain/stipe etc,but that is false.

Agree. Many people thought roy would ko stipe

even if reem had a good chin he still let big ben blast him in the noggin with a ridiculous shot. if JDS let that happen to him,people would be like man what is wrong with jds...

how? explain this. he lost three fights before he even faced overeem. He was being fed to overeem in hopes of not cutting him and it worked.

He was like top 5 or so before those 3 losses and they were to JDS who was like number 2, DC who was like number 3 and Barnett who was somewhere between 4 and 6.

Explain how his ranking should fall so much when fighting pretty much only top 5 guys.

Look at Carlos Condit for example dude hasn't won a fight in a long while but he's in the top 5, fighters don't drop in rankings much when their average opponents rank is like 3rd.

This. I guess he is bias after all

Technically Overeem is the better fighter in my opinion, by one right hand of Nelson could end the fight. For Overeem it is the best to go to the clinch and to the ground. Nelson is a black belt but so was frank mir. Overeem has to be sure that his cardio is very good. A gassed Nelson is still dangerous, but good changes to win are there. Overall, Overeem can win this fight if he comes and sticks on a proper gameplan. But again on right hand can be good night for Overeem.

And i thought i talk about wrestling/td a lot. He lost cuz he has no chin
No fight iq can make his chin better. He will have a good start,but likely get ktfo in 2nd

How do you not get that Overeem can avoid standing with Roy? I've explained it like 5 times. If you avoid striking with someone and keep them on their back, it doesn't matter if you're chin isn't good, just ask Frank Mir.

He was like top 5 or so before those 3 losses and they were to JDS who was like number 2, DC who was like number 3 and Barnett who was somewhere between 4 and 6.

Explain how his ranking should fall so much when fighting pretty much only top 5 guys.

Look at Carlos Condit for example dude hasn't won a fight in a long while but he's in the top 5, fighters don't drop in rankings much when their average opponents rank is like 3rd.

fighting mir wasnt nothing,people were telling he should probably retire before he fought reem.he lost to barnett who wasnt even in the ufc for like a decade before that fight,and cormier,who had only his second fight in the ufc. at least condit was fighting champions and #1 or #2 contenders!

This. I guess he is bias after all

Explain how Carlos Condit is so highly ranked then. It's the same damn reason Frank Mir was still top 10, losing to top 5 guys doesn't hurt your ranking much.

I hate this fight because it's insane how much better of a fighter Reem is than big fat, but I can see a flap jack coming that knocks out the Reem... rough.

Mir was top 10 and should have been he was pretty much fighting only top 6 guys. JDS, DC and Barnett were all like top 6 or better when they beat Mir, you're stock doesn't drop much when you are losing to the very best.

Ben's ranking before the Overeem fight was likely somewhere in the top 15 range, then he beat Struve who was likely in that same rage, that should have put him back in the top 10.

No,rothwell wasnt even top 15 and struve took a year off and has issues with health
Brock also had health issues. Reem gets ktfo when matched up with guys with good chin
Top 10 cain,jds,werdum,browne,stipe,hunt,arlovski,mitrione,bigfoot,rothwell or something like that
All of them would beat reem

How do you not get that Overeem can avoid standing with Roy? I've explained it like 5 times. If you avoid striking with someone and keep them on their back, it doesn't matter if you're chin isn't good, just ask Frank Mir.

fight starts on feet,have to get close to someone to take them down. so yeah it does matter if your chin's good,especially since finishing roy is not an easy thing to do to begin with and it can go to a 2nd or 3rd round where you start right back on the feet again. Also running away is generally frowned upon.

fighting mir wasnt nothing,people were telling he should probably retire before he fought reem.he lost to barnett who wasnt even in the ufc for like a decade before that fight,and cormier,who had only his second fight in the ufc. at least condit was fighting champions and #1 or #2 contenders!

I agree, Mir is a good win.

The people that said Mir wasn't any good and should just retire should say the same to Condit. Mir was an underdog in all of those fights.

DC and JDS were the number 1 and 2 contenders, are you taking crazy pills? Then Barnett was the equivalent to Condit losing to Woodley. It's pretty much exactly the same but only Mir gets shit for losing to top guys while Condit's fans always make excuses for him like it wasn't 5 rounds.

I get what you talk about,dont think he will have gp like that. He wiill likely stand with roy and get ktfo. Dont say it cant happen,but chanse is 30%

i never said mir was never any good,but he hasnt been good for a very long time. that nog fight was his last hurrah. ill make some allowances over the fact that he had to fight jds on short notice,but he was miserable in his last three fights. a corpse. might as well had reem fight Warpath,who would probably ko reem at this point. How is DC a number two contender after only beating roy nelson in the ufc? hahahaha. Condit is a completley different story alltogether,a top elite fighter in his division right now

Back