Can reem's chin survive roy's right hand?

i didnt edit that post :icon_twis

I know what happened you called Mir's loss to Barnett a KO which it wasn't so I thought you meant TKO so that's what made me think of Condit's loss to Woodley since both Barnett and Woodley were ranked around the same and both won by TKO.

I am a fan of Mir and I enjoy Overeem's fights, not really a fan though. I'm not being biased in my prediction though, I explained why Overeem should win baesed on a common opponent that used aspects of fighting that he's not as good at when compared to Overeem(the clinch and wrestling).

You're post basically comes down to, I don't care what you say, Roy will land the overhand right. If that's not biased then nothing is.

you're post comes down to mmath and reem taking roy down.can it happen?sure,but how likely it is for reem to avoid overhand right. and clinch,clinch,clinch,more clinch,also clinch,wrestling,clinch. overrem doesnt use his wrestling that often. his game plan is probably to stand and bang. it will be the end of his title hopes(if anyone thought he still had chanse a4 getting ko'd by big ben)

I know what happened you called Mir's loss to Barnett a KO which it wasn't so I thought you meant TKO so that's what made me think of Condit's loss to Woodley since both Barnett and Woodley were ranked around the same and both won by TKO.

thing is mir looked bad in his last fights,condit looked better than him. you pay too much attention to rankings.they change fast and are subjective

:icon_neut yeah but... roy is tougher than big ben and he didnt get the job done there either

I think you're overrating Roy's toughness and underrating Rothwell's.

Rothwell took an enormous amount of clean strikes from Arlovski before finally succumbing to Arlovski's onslaught in the 3rd. Nelson got hit with 2 big shots and got taken out by Arlovski.

Roy Nelson got annihilated by 1 punch from Mark Hunt, Ben Rothwell went to decision with Hunt. Ben also went the distance with Tim Sylvia during a time when Tim Sylvia was completely destroying everyone he was fighting.

you're post comes down to mmath and reem taking roy down.can it happen?sure,but how likely it is for reem to avoid overhand right. and clinch,clinch,clinch,more clinch,also clinch,wrestling,clinch. overrem doesnt use his wrestling that often. his game plan is probably to stand and bang. it will be the end of his title hopes(if anyone thought he still had chanse a4 getting ko'd by big ben)

Analyzing a fight isn't MMA math, this is MMA math.

TUkh9c9.png

MMA math doesn't consider aspects of fighting or the styles of the fighters it's just who beat who and assuming if fighter A beats fighter B then fighter A will beat anyone fighter B can.

I'm not saying since Overeem beat Mir then he will beat Roy, i'm saying that Overeem should beat Roy because he has every advantage Mir had over him plus more. You're not paying attention to the right parts of my posts where I talk about the style match up.

Last edited:
I think you're overrating Roy's toughness and underrating Rothwell's.

Rothwell took an enormous amount of clean strikes from Arlovski before finally succumbing to Arlovski's onslaught in the 3rd. Nelson got hit with 2 big shots and got taken out by Arlovski.

Roy Nelson got annihilated by 1 punch from Mark Hunt, Ben Rothwell went to decision with Hunt. Ben also went the distance with Tim Sylvia during a time when Tim Sylvia was completely destroying everyone he was fighting.

big ben is though,no doubt about it

thing is mir looked bad in his last fights,condit looked better than him. you pay too much attention to rankings.they change fast and are subjective

Mir only looked bad against Barnett and that was a quick fight. Condit looked bad against Woodley, he was getting lit up before his leg got messed up and he couldn't continue.

He clearly lost to DC but did much better than most HWs have against him, and he lasted much longer against JDS than most people do.

I don't think you're being honest when you say Mir looked bad but Condit didn't.

Analyzing a fight isn't MMA math, this is MMA math.

TUkh9c9.png

MMA math doesn't consider aspects of fighting or the styles of the fighters it's just who beat who and assuming if fighter A beats fighter B then fighter A can beat anyone fighter B can.

I'm not saying since Overeem beat Mir then he can beat Roy, i'm saying that Overeem should beat Roy because he has every advantage Mir had over him plus more.

reem had all advantages when he fought big ben and antonio silva
not saying reem will get ko'd 100%,he has all the tools to dominate roy. i just dont belive in him beating guys with good chin like roy and rothwell. like i said kongo has good clinch game and didnt use it v roy,why do you think reem will use his wrestling that much? he is likely to gass and get ktfo

No one can survive his right hand. Some people haven't felt it.

Mir only looked bad against Barnett and that was a quick fight. Condit looked bad against Woodley, he was getting lit up before his leg got messed up and he couldn't continue.

He clearly lost to DC but did much better than most HWs have against him, and he lasted much longer against JDS than most people do.

I don't think you're being honest when you say Mir looked bad but Condit didn't.

didnt say condit looked good,he looked better than mir 4 sure. mir lost dec30-27 to dc and got beat up in the clinch(dc gassed also),he got ko'd fast vs barnett,he looked really bad vs jds and got tko'd and looked awfull vs reem. condit got dominated by gsp,but landed really good highkick and was only one to put gsp in danger during his run,he lost dec to hendricks,but look good standing,he got destroyed by woodly. still better than murr

lol!!!! Sports bookies love kids like this. Im sure you don't gamble though and I can see the reason why.

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

Reem isn't better in every aspect? Is that what you're saying? How stupid can you be

Overeem's chin aint that bad. Its his recovery after getting hit hard, that is bad.

Roy got very few weapons.. Overeem got this fight.

Overeem's chin aint that bad. Its his recovery after getting hit hard, that is bad.

Roy got very few weapons.. Overeem got this fight.

Exactly, he has the same problem as Mir, however Mir dominated Roy with ease using wrestling and the clinch. Overeem is better at wrestling and in the clinch than Mir so Overeem should be able to pull off a gameplan like that easier.

Exactly, he has the same problem as Mir, however Mir dominated Roy with ease using wrestling and the clinch. Overeem is better at wrestling and in the clinch than Mir so Overeem should be able to pull off a gameplan like that easier.

I was thinking this. Reem should clinch up, wear him out and toss him around. I believe he could actually finish the fight with some gnp, unlike Mir.

lol!!!! Sports bookies love kids like this. Im sure you don't gamble though and I can see the reason why.
Overeem is better in just about every aspect of mma. If you deny that you're a fool. That doesn't mean he will win, though as the rothwell fight showed.

I would really like to see him wrestle people more, personally. It's disappointing to see him get KOed in a fight where he was choosing to stand and only using like 45% of his actual ability.

Overeem is a vastly superior fighter, but his chin and heart are garbage, so Nelson has a big chance to win this fight.

Overeem got a gimme fight with Struve. Now he has to be a gimme fight for Roy.

Big Country via bowel releasing KO

I believe Overeem will get KOd violently in this battle

Does Reem ever really get KO'd? I always seem to remember him taking shots then just falling down and quitting. Have we ever seen him out cold?

Back