Can psychedelic drugs cure CTE?

They can give you the power to make the iPhone so... maybe

you dont want to see me on psycasdellics.

I have a hard enough time as it is pretending to be normal

Joe makes bjj and mushrooms sound like a cure-all. Don't buy into it.

Psychedelics can quite possibly ruin you for the rest of your life and I haven't learned anything that shows how they could reverse the effects of brain trauma.
Apparently psilocybin can aid in neurogenisis, which is the formation of new brain cells. I wouldnt quite write drugs off because MDMA has been used effectively to treat PTSD, not saying they are a cure all or anything.

Nothing against drugs. Just stating facts. Drugs make you dumb and a man dressed as a cowboy shouldn’t talk like a hippy.
If you listen to the JRE, I highly suggest you listen to the episode with Hamilton Morris. Not saying it will change your perspective on drugs, but it will definitely debunk some misconceptions about them.

CTE is brain damage from physical trauma, so no. But they can cure or help a lot of other mental issues.

Uh, no, getting high doesnt fix a permanently damaged brain.

I... would not take anything said about psychadelics on JRE very seriously

Contrary to the "drugs are bad, mmmkay" posts above though, LSD and MDMA have been shown to help with certain mental conditions, and there was a recent study about ketamine pretty much instantly stopping suicidal impulses. So there is certainly potential for psychadelics and sedatives to help with some of the symptoms of CTE if not the underlying brain damage.

Unfortunately government funding for research into illegal drugs is limited, and big pharma has no interest in putting money into something that they can't patent, so we probably won't really know the actual effects of these things for a long time if ever.

Yes LSD has shown to have something like a 90%+ rate in instantly curing PTSD, however PTSD is very different from parts of your brain dying. I can't imagine a psychadelics helping to grow back those parts of the brain.

CTE is brain damage from physical trauma, so no. But they can cure or help a lot of other mental issues.

Yes LSD has shown to have something like a 90%+ rate in instantly curing PTSD, however PTSD is very different from parts of your brain dying. I can't imagine a psychadelics helping to grow back those parts of the brain.

Well the thing is that those mental issues can be caused by CTE. So they could potentially be used to, say, treat suicidal tendencies in someone suffering from CTE (a common symptom), without actually reversing the brain damage that caused it

Yes. As an online
ycrW4Pv.jpg
Physician, I think that I know a thing or two about drugs.

My brain cant get past the Green Man avatar

Well the thing is that those mental issues can be caused by CTE. So they could potentially be used to, say, treat suicidal tendencies in someone suffering from CTE (a common symptom), without actually reversing the brain damage that caused it

That's true.

I'm watching the Rogan podcast and them talking about DMT and mushrooms and it got me thinking. Could psychedelic drugs be a cure for CTE?

It seems with CTE and depression people just get really focused on one thing and want to give up. Maybe trips can help them give perspective to life and see the bigger picture. Is this being overlooked as a potential cure for CTE?

Psychedelic drugs have proven useful, under medical surveillance, for several issues like PTSD, depression, addictions or soothe terminally ill people. CTE is a different issue though, as it's not a problem of imbalances between areas in the brain, but pure physical damage to it. I don't see how it could be of any benefit in that case, just like chiropractic isn't going to make an amputated leg grow back.

Joe makes bjj and mushrooms sound like a cure-all. Don't buy into it.

I've grown and eaten my fair share of shrooms and I'm a purple belt, but it annoys me too. Worst is all those inspirational BJJ pictures who claim that training is better than therapy. It caters to the idea that there is no difference between depression and feeling a bit down, which is irresponsible and stupid. Different problems need different solutions. I love psychedelics and I love BJJ, doesn't mean it is what other people need.

I’m a fan of Rogan’s Podcast, but the dude is the stereotypical bro-science advocate. I’d take nothing he has to say about certain subjects seriously. Especially shit about pyschedelics and/or whatever new snake oil he’s pushing this week.

Brain regeneration is almost non existent. They(doctors/researchers) may be able however to reduce/stop the activation and growing of toxic proteins in the brain.

Back