Can psychedelic drugs cure CTE?

I like mushrooms. I think there could be some legitimacy to the claim that it can help with conditions like depression.

I also think psychedelic drugs can exasperate mental illness and people shouldn’t self medicate with them.

So, it’s possible I suppose. But I don’t think treating yourself with shrooms is a good idea.

Do you eat Kimchi? Well you should! Mean while "Case-control studies on the intake level of kimchi and gastric cancer risk generally showed an increased risk among subjects with high or frequent intakes of kimchi.(28-30) "

Whenever I want to know the answer to a difficult medical and pharmacological question, the first thing I think of is to ask Sherbros.

I have delt with depression (real Clinical depression) about 10 years ago and beat It . Been fine since then.

I have also used pretty much all the drugs out there before, during and after that time.

Never noticed a difference.

Cant speak on CTE. Dont have It. (Even though some people on sherdog will say otherwise :p)

I am going to try Kambo next month.. suppose to be very good for clearing your head as well

Yes and if you disagree, it’s because you’re a fascist.

Doing psychedelics when you are severely depressed is a really fucking bad idea

Get professional help

Yes LSD has shown to have something like a 90%+ rate in instantly curing PTSD
That is ridiculous. By "cure" you mean they feel better as long as they're high on the drug right?

Joe makes bjj and mushrooms sound like a cure-all. Don't buy into it.

Psychedelics can quite possibly ruin you for the rest of your life and I haven't learned anything that shows how they could reverse the effects of brain trauma.
Ruin your life how?

If I remember correctly they are taking tiny doses that don't get them high.
That makes more sense ... it's called micro-dosing people use about a quarter of a tab a day for depression. 90 percent cure though no way in hell. Ayahuasca possibly could heal old issues apparently maybe even mushrooms but not LSD. Mushrooms do cure cluster headaches though which is pretty amazing they save peoples lives.

Yes LSD has shown to have something like a 90%+ rate in instantly curing PTSD
This is absolutely false. LSD does not "cure" anything. You've clearly never taken it.

LSD and other psychedelics can help someone get through trauma. Just taking a tab of acid won't make you get over extremely trauma, and the process to move beyond trauma is never "instant" so please stop posting this garbage. I'm a proponent of psychedelics and think they can help a lot of people. I've done a good amount of research on my own and also helped a friend (studying for a master's degree in psychology) with parts of a thesis related to paychedpsych and potential therapeutic uses for them, so please don't say I need to educate myself, since I already have.

I suspect you'll either not respond or tell me to "look it up" so why don't you save everyone some time and look it up for yourself, then post a supporting link if you can find one (you can't)

This is absolutely false. LSD does not "cure" anything. You've clearly never taken it.

LSD and other psychedelics can help someone get through trauma. Just taking a tab of acid won't make you get over extremely trauma, and the process to move beyond trauma is never "instant" so please stop posting this garbage. I'm a proponent of psychedelics and think they can help a lot of people. I've done a good amount of research on my own and also helped a friend (studying for a master's degree in psychology) with parts of a thesis related to paychedpsych and potential therapeutic uses for them, so please don't say I need to educate myself, since I already have.

I suspect you'll either not respond or tell me to "look it up" so why don't you save everyone some time and look it up for yourself, then post a supporting link if you can find one (you can't)

chill out lol. I read an article like 6 months ago and that's what I remember. I'll do some research after dinner.

I'm watching the Rogan podcast and them talking about DMT and mushrooms and it got me thinking. Could psychedelic drugs be a cure for CTE?

It seems with CTE and depression people just get really focused on one thing and want to give up. Maybe trips can help them give perspective to life and see the bigger picture. Is this being overlooked as a potential cure for CTE?
Bazooka Joe talked about CBD Oil and how it helped him with concussion symptoms.

Those types of drugs have shown to positively affect certain brain related issues, but there's zero evidence that I'm aware of that they improve CTE symptoms.

Back