Can psychedelic drugs cure CTE?

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm watching the Rogan podcast and them talking about DMT and mushrooms and it got me thinking. Could psychedelic drugs be a cure for CTE?

It seems with CTE and depression people just get really focused on one thing and want to give up. Maybe trips can help them give perspective to life and see the bigger picture. Is this being overlooked as a potential cure for CTE?

Nope. You just trip out and get stupid in a different way.

Cowboy sounds like a hippy and needs to get his crap together.

p1b5lqp5481g6n15gi1qvp76jh0e3.gif

Well ive done plenty of mushrooms and ive never been knocked out in all of my 0 amateur and proffesional fights. Must be true.

Joe makes bjj and mushrooms sound like a cure-all. Don't buy into it.

Psychedelics can quite possibly ruin you for the rest of your life and I haven't learned anything that shows how they could reverse the effects of brain trauma.

Can you fix brain damage with poison?

<Fedor23>

I doubt it.

The cure to cte is a new brain

<{MindBrown}>
So the chemicals that puts holes in your brain is supposed to fix it?

I... would not take anything said about psychadelics on JRE very seriously

Contrary to the "drugs are bad, mmmkay" posts above though, LSD and MDMA have been shown to help with certain mental conditions, and there was a recent study about ketamine pretty much instantly stopping suicidal impulses. So there is certainly potential for psychadelics and sedatives to help with some of the symptoms of CTE if not the underlying brain damage.

Unfortunately government funding for research into illegal drugs is limited, and big pharma has no interest in putting money into something that they can't patent, so we probably won't really know the actual effects of these things for a long time if ever.

Last edited:
I dont know if I'd recommend that.

Seems like trying to put out a fire with bombs

Jon Jones Googling: "Can psychedelic drugs help me pass USADA?"

I'm watching the Rogan podcast and them talking about DMT and mushrooms and it got me thinking. Could psychedelic drugs be a cure for CTE?

It seems with CTE and depression people just get really focused on one thing and want to give up. Maybe trips can help them give perspective to life and see the bigger picture. Is this being overlooked as a potential cure for CTE?
There's your first problem, and no, not in the least.

Nothing against drugs. Just stating facts. Drugs make you dumb and a man dressed as a cowboy shouldn’t talk like a hippy.

Sorry to break this to you but the writer or artist or musician of pretty much anything you've ever enjoyed was almost certainly on drugs

Hell, I'm high right now, and I'm pretty sure my earlier post was the smartest one ITT

Back