Can Police Just Pull You Over Now For Nothing

with my help...you could be the best

Call me egotistical if you like, but I don't need your help. To be fair though, don't take it personally. I don't need anyone's help. <Moves>

I work afternoons, have my "permission slip" for work, and am dead smack in the middle of 14 straight days(at least), because a weekend guy came down with "symptoms. I've barely seen any law enforcement out since our "stay home" orders came down Monday.

Most businesses are essential. Cops can always pull anyone over for any reason. The chances of getting pulled over for driving to work should be slim. There are thousands of people driving. Just dont smoke weed in the car or be drinking and tings will be fine even if you do get stopped.

This might be one of the very, very, very, very few instances where an authoritarian state > a libertarian state.

It's basically impossible to have police and the military out in the streets checking papers and giving out citations for being out without permission. But this is definitely happening in other countries and it's definitely helping lower the curve.

May be the only legit "well, this is the price of freedom" things.

Currently experiencing the Chicago lockdown. I just tell myself if I get pulled over by a meanie cop at weird hours that Ill tell him Im getting gas and if my tank is full I’m getting Subway from the overnight gas station.

I dont think it’s anything to worry about

The state is in Stay at Home or Shelter in Place ordered by the Governor and when I came to work today they gave me a sheet of paper to show the police that I work for an "Essential" company and have permission to travel to and from work but don't the cops still need a reason to pull people over or can they pull anyone over to check to see why they outside now.

What is the laws for travel for Shelter in Place.
When could cops, in reality, NOT pull you over for whatever they want?

Not starting shit, but seriously the last time I was stopped (for nothing as it turns out) the cop was behind me for 3 MILES and used some bullshit 'you didn't use your turn signal far enough in advance of that red light' pretext (I shit you not) to justify the stop. He suspected me of DUI but once he saw I was running Uber w/ a couple in the back (I had just come from a bar) he let me go....grrrr....

Back