Can Police Just Pull You Over Now For Nothing

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Smokes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. vengeful

vengeful Brown Belt

lol I got a permission slip too!

2. ObamaPhoneLady

ObamaPhoneLady Silver Belt Platinum Member

Oh, give it a rest.

I'm white and I've been pulled over for a 'license check' before. Which isn't a real thing.

3. mudflap mike

mudflap mike Brown Belt

they always could

4. The XL

The XL Black Belt

Well, the truth isn't taken too kindly around here. Stating your opinion might get you modded or even banned. But fuck all that, the truth needs to get out there. This virus is being used as a way to take peoples rights, its what they've wanted for a long time. Crashing the economy is a nice bonus too

sideboob and KING BONES like this.
  5. Fawlty

Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

When the cops pull you over, tell them this. And don't change a single word.

Gandhi, Iron Monger and Curmudgeon like this.
  6. vengeful

vengeful Brown Belt

I think it's for places that have curfews in order and they can pull you over for violating curfew. I've only seen curfews imposed here after natural disasters, the last time was a huge flood we had in 2015.

7. KING BONES

KING BONES The Skeleton King Yellow Card

Authority figures are often required to sidestep any kind of logical evidence that would prove contrary to orders issued by superiors. For instance, if I were to fail to "stop" at a stop sign, and a police officer pulled me over and asked, "Why didn't you stop at the stop sign?" and I responded with "Because matter cannot truly stop. Reaching absolute zero is an impossibility," my chance of not being issued a ticket would be very low (as your response alludes to).

Logic and rationality are often not sufficient in overcoming the ethos and pathos of social adherence. Therefore, I still ponder as to when one should resist the concept of always following "being told what to do." Where does the line in the sand exist?

8. KING BONES

KING BONES The Skeleton King Yellow Card

I am also on the "bad" side of some moderators apparently as I have now been yellow-carded and warned as "a troll"...personally, I feel that because my opinion goes against the status quo, no matter how logical my points are and no matter how well I am able to refute others', I have been "targeted" so to speak, while others who align themselves with the status quo are free to voice their absurdity without the fear of reprisal.

Thus, my main solution was to better acknowledge the stipulations of the site within my posts in order to be allowed to "get the truth out there"...it's simply a numbers game...for everyone 1 person who understands, there will be 10000 that do not.

sideboob and The XL like this.
  9. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

Am I supposed to say..."Cool, you know what it's like to be falsely harassed."?

Being singled out for NO reason is WHACK...how can you ague with that?

10. mkess101

mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

You should never do what you're told. Next time you get pulled over for a minor traffic violation, here's what you do:

Wait until the cop is approaching your vehicle. Quickly jump out and (this part is important so pay attention) jam your hand down the back waistband of your pants. While doing this, shout "You'll never take me alive! You pulled over the wrong motherfucker on the wrong day buddy!"

This is how you show the Gestapo that they can't just randomly come up with BS reason to harass you. It shows them that you know your rights as a citizen.

Cops really respect this type of behavior and will then back off and allow you to live your life in peace.

Right, @irish_thug ?

Gandhi, HunterAcosta and Iron Monger like this.
  11. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

A police department in California is deploying drones, including drones with Night Vision sensors, to spot people who are not complying with the lockdown orders. Police then instruct these people, via speakers on the drones, to go home. Authorities in the Inland Empire say though the Newson stay at home order gives them the authority to arrest people, they aren't going to do it. One wonders when they actually start arresting people.

So if drones can be used to spot people congregating outside, and fines can be issued and arrests can be made because the law allows for it, then what is to stop police from pulling you over?

“What we saw in China, and what we're probably going to see around the world, is using drones with cameras and loudspeakers to fly around to see if people are gathering where they shouldn't be, and telling them to go home,” Mr Gore said. “It seems a little Orwellian but this could save lives.”

https://www.ft.com/content/c7d0dee1-6125-475c-9cc7-78f4671d7cea

In the Inland Empire, law enforcement agencies said though the stay at home order gives them the authority to arrest people or levy fines, that’s not the direction they intend to take.
    “Are we going out there and stopping and arresting people ’cause they’re out there in public? No. There’s no martial law,” said Riverside police Officer Ryan Railsback, a spokesman for the department.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/03/...-police-say-they-want-compliance-not-arrests/

uppercutbus likes this.
  12. TUFNewb

TUFNewb Black Belt

Generally when "emergeny acts" are implemented they allow authorities do things like restrict travel, order evacuations, enter buildings without warrants, etc. That is the whole point, it is abnormal circumatances that call for abnormal measures.

aitkenmike likes this.
  13. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

I have yet to be stopped and I'm blasting "Fuck the Police" from my speakers and swerving all over the road while wearing a ski mask and waving a cookie shaped like a gun.

MetalGearTrump and uppercutbus like this.
  14. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Brown Belt

The sovereign citizen/first amendment auditor vids will be hilarious.

MichiganMMA1978 and uppercutbus like this.
  15. good-faith poster

good-faith poster objectively

Realize that the isolation is only in your mind and you will be golden.

16. ObamaPhoneLady

ObamaPhoneLady Silver Belt Platinum Member

I just showed the guy my ID and I was on my way.

Getting pulled over isn't a big deal.

If they start searching houses without warrants, let me know.

17. sherdogwantedtonamemekiki

sherdogwantedtonamemekiki Paint thinner smells really good

The building I work in I got a paper saying the same shit. No problems with cops yet. I'm white though

Smokes likes this.
  18. sherdogwantedtonamemekiki

sherdogwantedtonamemekiki Paint thinner smells really good

You a badder mother fucker than shaft

19. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    I have serious issues with this. The 9th amendment guarantees all rights not enumerated by other amendments such as the right to travel.

20. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Brown Belt

Maritime law/articles of confederation...

good-faith poster likes this.