Can Police Just Pull You Over Now For Nothing

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Smokes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Brown Belt Platinum Member

Well there's no excuse for it. Ever. I certainly am not defending the act, so you and I are in complete agreement on the principle.

But cops are paranoid motherfuckers for good reason. Undoubtedly there are some absolute tools wearing badges- the wrong combination of insecure and power-hungry can lead to some of the most tyrannical people imaginable- a glaring failure in the system. Having said that whenever a cop gets any call they can almost always count on some sort of threat to their life. They're usually underpaid and insufficiently trained.

My thinking is some sort of next step in the body cam tech.

czar2 likes this.
  2. ObamaPhoneLady

ObamaPhoneLady Silver Belt Platinum Member

Do you have the right to travel on public roads though?

Is there an argument to be made along the lines of how you have freedom of speech, but with certain limitations on where?

I am not a fan of this either, I just took issue with that tired post on page one about 'hurr durr racial profiling.'

They shouldn't be doing this, but it has nothing to do with race whatsoever.

3. Strategery

Strategery Green Belt

In Canada, you can be pulled over while driving at any time without reason. You must identify yourself and provide various proofs.

good-faith poster likes this.
  4. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

I've had awesome cop encounters and...HORRIBLE ONES.

As in...am I going to have to break the fuckers arms horrible.

In life, please note that I am suuuper respectful.

...but some cops just want to watch the world burn.

Examples:

I helped a cop push his car off the busy street in Seattle to a parking lot.

He was SO incredibly thankful.

The next month after, (or 2?) there was a cop in my neighborhood who I offered help to, and he lost his shit.

Several other times I was harassed seemingly (from what I could gather) because cops were offended that I was with
    hot white girls or...somefuckinshit...I don't know. (I'm mixed as fuck and there are some racist ass cops around here)

Another time, I came back from SIF (Seattle International Film Festival) and it was about midnight and there were some drunk/seemingly high fucktards harassing cars in the middle of the street in their own car.

I called the cops to tell them what was happening, (you had to be there, it was sketchy as fuck) and by the time they came, the fratfucks were gone.

I saw the cop cars out there, so I waved from my gate. They waved me to come to them, so I did. I told them what happened, and they said I was lying...and that they (the cops) were parked in my parking lot for hours...which was a lie. IT was getting real sketchy as they're hands were on their holsters as they ran my license.......

I'll stop rambling, but for what it's worth, most of the cop interactions I've had have been good.

5. A.C.

A.C. COVID-19 Task Force Commander Platinum Member

YMMV but I know out here there will be way less focus on traffic stops. There’s a big focus on making sure we don’t overburden the court and jail systems.

The issues we’re concerned with have been looting at our closed malls and resorts (we’ve had two incidents so far already) and the areas where the homeless populations congregate especially regarding beach parks. So illegal camping in large numbers and looting/theft are a much bigger concern than people just driving around.

6. KING BONES

KING BONES The Skeleton King Yellow Card

There is a line in the sand between being told to do what's something right and being told to do something wrong. I am a proponent of discipline but not tyranny. How to determine which is which is the discussion I am seeking.

7. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

Well most places would have a curfew

8. 560ti

560ti Brown Belt

Exactly this. There's tons of "technicalities" that allow them to legally pull you over even though it's minor

Friend whose a cop "technicallity" he uses is when someone makes a turn. If they aren't in the farthest lane from the direction there turning (example: make a right turn but don't end up in the farthest right lane) that's enough to legally allow them to pull you over

There's tons of other minor things they can legally use to literally pull anyone over (not having your blinker on for 3 seconds before changing lanes, windows look too tinted, tailgating the car infront of you......ect)

9. mkess101

mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

I was making a joke. A simple "that's not funny" would have sufficed.;)

10. genecop

genecop Silver Belt

The police aren’t pulling anyone over..not now..

11. MichiganMMA1978

MichiganMMA1978 Purple Belt

Yeah, I didn't even get told an excuse like that. The prick actually told me he was pulling me over because he hadn't seen my car in that neighborhood before... Literally 1 block from my house. In a town that's considered a village because it's so small lol. These days, in most areas, I'd say it's more targeting youth, as opposed to race.

ObamaPhoneLady likes this.
  12. Andy Capp

Andy Capp 2GM/c^2 belt Platinum Member

BarryDillon and MichiganMMA1978 like this.
  13. MichiganMMA1978

MichiganMMA1978 Purple Belt

14. Andy Capp

Andy Capp 2GM/c^2 belt Platinum Member

It sounded a lot more to me like he was saying it's not a thing, i.e. the race narrative is made up and street checks aren't disproportionately directed at minorities. I'm tired of hearing that whiny "why is it always about race" when applied to things that are most certainly all about race.

Gandhi likes this.
  15. GiTGuD

GiTGuD Blue Belt

I live in a cali, my city is shutdown....and everybody is driving etc, I see no checkpoints to check people or anything.

Sounds like your boss is over thinking this and thinks you need to carry documents or something lol.

16. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

Gandhi likes this.
  17. KING BONES

step up your game son...this is sherdog

18. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

I literally got given papers claiming I am essential and citing statutes.

Our factory is not essential. They just dont want to lose money.

Smokes likes this.
  19. mkess101

mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Umm I've been here 12 or 13 years. And I'm sure a few people thought it was funny...grandpa.:D

Gandhi likes this.
  20. KING BONES

with my help...you could be the best