Can I Do Endurance Training 3 Times a Week AND Strength training too?

About the lifting, don't think of it in terms of working bodyparts. Just train big basic LIFTS, and eat a lot. Read the FAQ at the top of this forum for reasons you should train like a lifter and not a bodybuilder. If you can only lift twice a week, do these two workouts:

Day 1
Squat
Bench Press
Barbell Row

Day 2
Deadlift
Overhead Press
Chinup

Do a few warmup sets and 3 work sets of 5 reps on each. Add weight when you can get 5 reps on all 3 sets. The reason I say 3 sets of 5 instead of 5 sets is all the training you do at this class. Later on when you have more rest in your week, you can do more volume in your lifting.

I would do monday and friday or wednesday and saturday instead of wednesday and friday, so you have more days to recoup between heavy lifting.

If you can scrounge up 30 bucks you NEED to buy Starting Strength, by Mark Rippitoe. There is no better book out there on strength training for beginners.

I think you could do 2 to 3 strength sessions a week. Find a routine you are comfortable with and follow through with with it.
If recovery is a problem then maybe supplementation could be in order (if you are not already doing so).
If sleep is an issue then a 30 minute nap at some point during the day could help,you only need to get a third of lost sleep back so this is essentially 1.5 hours of sleep you can get to help refresh you.
No longer than 30 - 40 mins otherwise you will be left feeling groggy and rather crappy.

sleep more, eat more

sounds like your in high school, so try and eat more, youll grow in no time

oh and just walk away, streetfights are for idiots

I think you could do 2 to 3 strength sessions a week. Find a routine you are comfortable with and follow through with with it.
If recovery is a problem then maybe supplementation could be in order (if you are not already doing so).
If sleep is an issue then a 30 minute nap at some point during the day could help,you only need to get a third of lost sleep back so this is essentially 1.5 hours of sleep you can get to help refresh you.
No longer than 30 - 40 mins otherwise you will be left feeling groggy and rather crappy.

What kind of supplements are good for recovery? You are talking about things you buy at gmc right not a change in routine or whatever?

Back