Can Fedor really sell PPVs???

He's never broken 100k

He also didnt have the UFC marketing machine behind him.

Still iconic on the global scale and on the global scale PPVs dont mean shit.

Fedor can sell out a 30k arena in Russia EASILY.

Thats a great asset to the UFC.

Has he ever sold PPVs? His inability to sell PPVs was one of the major reasons Affliction folded.

UFC knows how to advertise. Look how popular they made Ronda even though she wasn't a hot seller in strikeforce. Advertising is everything.

lol did anyone know who the fuck Ronda or Conor were before they were perpetuated by the UFC hype machine?

Yea I just bought 3 of them from him on the corner of my street.

I'll agree with that, but the question at hand is ppv buyrate and considering its only the US / CAN who pay for ppv's - I'd say his buyrate appeal is limited.

UFC knows how to advertise. Look how popular they made Ronda even though she wasn't a hot seller in strikeforce. Advertising is everything.

You keep telling yourself whatever helps you sleep better at night.

I think that would be a terrible decision. Fedor hasn't fought in years and UFC is probably dropping serious bank on him considering Reebok pays in shit and coco puffs.

He needs a tune up fight with a big name outside the top 10.

Maybe Fedor vs Cro Cop

Tune up fight would be pretty risky IMO.

Fedor could still be top 10, no doubt but at HW everyone has big power.

Imagine if he got KOd by a top 20?

I think his first fight would be a good sell, if he gets wrecked or loses, I think it impacts future fights. But if he wins and does so impressively, expect huge sales. Let Fedor with time off begin.

Fedor vs. Rogers peaked at 5,460,000 viewers. Meanwhile, the highest peak rating of all time for any UFC on Fox card hit 3,162,000 with McGregor vs. Siver.

Fedor vs. Bigfoot peaked at 1.1 million viewers on Showtime which is a subscription channel and is still a record.

Fedor is clearly a ratings draw. I'm sure with the UFC machine behind him, he can at least do 500-750k.

Yeah, why would Zuffa care about PPVs. I mean someone like Ronda selling 900,000 ppvs at $60 a pop would only bring in 54,000,000. They would much rather sell out some shitty Russian stadium that would bring in 5,000,000 max, of which the Russian government would probably block from leaving the country.

edit: meant 5,000,000 Russian roubles... which is around 77,000 USD$

Yeah, why would Zuffa care about PPVs. I mean someone like Ronda selling 900,000 ppvs at $60 a pop would only bring in 54,000,000. They would much rather sell out some shitty Russian stadium that would bring in 5,000,000 max, of which the Russian government would probably block from leaving the country.

edit: meant 5,000,000 Russian roubles... which is around 77,000 USD$

Fedor doesnt have to be on the card alone. There could be other stars on the card... you know like on all the other good cards???? or should we just expect Fedor to sell a million PPVs by himself????

Fedor is good for 200-300k PPVs easily with proper marketing maybe more depending on who hes fighting and what the narrative is. He can sell out arenas all over the world. That is a great asset to the UFC.

Lol, no. True casuals don't even know who he is. His name recognition isn't in the same league as Anderson's.

True casuals didnt know who Anderson Silva was either until he took the face off of Rich Franklin. And even back then when I was getting countless friends into the sport, one of the names that always stuck out to them was Fedor. Casual fans who have caught onto the sport in the last 3 years maybe.

The UFC will properly hype him, they have all of his PRIDE footage to pimp out as well.

Back