Can Fedor really sell PPVs???

Not exactly a household name. Stick him on the connor card with a can for exposure and we can start building something.

If he's marketed correctly then he will be a success with the amount of PPV's he will sell. The casual fan might not know who he is but he will rekindle the interest of the fans that have been disillusioned and lost interest in the UFC.

I never buy PPVs, but I'll buy any PPV with Fedor on it unless I actually go to watch it live.

He can't.

He will never be large like Conor because he can't trash talk.

He's not the villain like Jones.

He's not loud and obnoxious with a WWF background like brock.

And he can't speak english to win people over with his quiet, poliete demeanor like GSP

He's not sex for the females because no 6 pack...

He is, however, a hard core fan's wet dream!

I don't see him selling much more than Jon Jones or Cain did. Pride played to his strengths with the production values and presentation. It added to his mythos as a fighting god. Here he'll look like some fat guy walking through the crowd.

Don't think Fedor brings casuals (or atleast people who don't post places like here) to watch a fight. A bunch of streaming from Sherdogers would happen.

Anderson Silva says hello.

Of course he can sell PPVs....hes one of the 5 most popular fighters to ever compete in MMA. If you thought Anderson Silva was popular and could sell some fights, you havent seen anything yet.

Lol, no. True casuals don't even know who he is. His name recognition isn't in the same league as Anderson's.

Lol no. Anderson started to sell after he almost murdered Rich Franklin. Anderson only fought three more times after Chael, you are nuts if you think it took that long.

After Franklin 1

Vs Lutter -350k

Vs Marquardt (with tito on the card) 425k

Vs Franklin 2 - 325k

Vs Hendo - 325k

Vs. Cote 300k

So, no, he was not a draw after Franklin.

He also fought 7x after chael....

Anderson Silva can sell PPV's without strong English or promotional skills. Fedor can too, if he can string some wins together.

In a bar, in a tavern, at a buddy's house, all the people who are the "casuals" look to that guy(s) who has followed MMA forever. They all ask questions and want to not be left out. Fedor is the stuff of legends. He would be spoke of with admiration and no one would want to miss out of the possibility of seeing the greatness that was and could be.

Every fight the guy has builds on his legacy, builds on the improbability of someone we think shouldn't fight so well, shouldn't be able to hit that hard, that fast. He is one of the few people admired both by spectators and participants.

When casuals see that fighters are excited to see someone.......they will follow.

I for one will buy his PPV.

Ofc

Not on his 1st PPV but if he can perform not too far from his former level, without a doubt.. If he can show is trademark aggression and dispatch a good opponent in HL reel fashion he will soon be a big draw with the complete UFC hype machine behind him

maybe not as much in the states, he will likely attract crowds to watch in asia / russia etc., could help the ufc grow into those areas more

Fedor is easy to market.

He has a unique aura, plus all of his fighters are highly entertaining. His HL is one of the best ever.

Kinda, he isn't a huge draw but I'd expect aroudn 500-600 for his return.

I think his biggest ppv was only like 350 or something.

he will be a star in japan and other european countries

No, he can't sell PPV's. He doesn't speak English, has never fought in the UFC and physically looks terrible. He's unknown outside of sherdog. Try to build this guy up as some type of killer and 95% of MMA fans will think it's a troll.

They just need to have Ronda have a word of admiration for him and hype him in the build up of his fight and he will sell :D ( coupled with HL )

Back