Can Fedor really sell PPVs???

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Fedor is very popular among the community but do casual fans know who he is?

Fedor doesn't do the media like Conor, Ronda, jones, etc so it's hard to imagine that many casuals would know who he is and invest $$$ on a PPV.

Also, I think Shaub would be a good first opponent. He's a big name and you don't wanna throw Fedor to the wolves in his first fight back, its been years since he fought.

The UFC does a solid job of marketing big names and creating PPV stars, he will do well considering this name and history.

UFC own's his pride footage, marketing will be to easy.

Fedor is very popular among the community but do casual fans know who he is?

Fedor doesn't do the media like Conor, Ronda, jones, etc so it's hard to imagine that many casuals would know who he is and invest $$$ on a PPV.

Also, I think Schaub would be a good first opponent. He's a big name and you don't wanna throw Fedor to the wolves in his first fight back, its been years since he fought.

who cares if he can sell ppv's?

I doubt Fedor is gonna fight Schaub....they are gonna want to match him up with somebody by like big foot/arlovski/hunt

something they can market as a grudge match of sorts...

also, Shcaub was asked if he would fight fedor during one of their fight companions right after fedor announced he was coming back

Schaub's response to that question: "pfft, I don't deserve to fight that guy"

There are a lot of hardcores that don't buy all the ppvs that will buy a Fedor ppv.

He has TV ratings records for Strikeforce. His numbers on Strikeforce have done better than almost every UFC on Fox and Fox Sports 1 with exception of JDS/Cain.

It's not clear if he would be a PPV draw but I can imagine with the UFC marketing machine behind him with plenty of PRIDE and Affliction footage, he could at least get 500k.

Casuals will be wondering how this fat Russian guy got on the main card. Bring back Brawk.

Fedor cant even speak english

so no he cant

Anderson Silva says hello.

Of course he can sell PPVs....hes one of the 5 most popular fighters to ever compete in MMA. If you thought Anderson Silva was popular and could sell some fights, you havent seen anything yet.

I think with the UFC marketing being him yes IF they market him correctly.

I think are two likely strategies, one smart one not so smart.

1. Dana has to market hum as the greatest HW or even MMA fighter in history. Has to really build this guy up, spout all his accomplishments, etc

2. Dana takes the approach that the fans and media make this guy out as the greatest ever and he is bringing him in to prove that wrong or to find out.

Both are decent strategies but if he does not win the first fight then his shot as a PPV headliner is one and done

With Ronda or McGregor on the card, yeah.

Casuals have no idea about him and he doesn't have a marketable look.

Also, they may want to not include the dates of when his highlights took place - 2006 was a while ago.

Anderson Silva says hello.

Of course he can sell PPVs....hes one of the 5 most popular fighters to ever compete in MMA. If you thought Anderson Silva was popular and could sell some fights, you havent seen anything yet.

Anderson only started to sell after Chael. It was also Chael who sold the hell out it.

Fedor v Rogers was pumped pretty big but that was free.

If the UFC does its job as a promotion then yes Fedor can be a top draw.

Anderson only started to sell after Chael. It was also Chael who sold the hell out it.

Lol no. Anderson started to sell after he almost murdered Rich Franklin. Anderson only fought three more times after Chael, you are nuts if you think it took that long.

You mean sell more PPVs than the magnum drawing power of Cain or Werdum....? lol

Likely, theres a very real backstory and rivalry the UFC can market with Werdum. I think casuals will want to see that if and when Fedor rocks a few HWs along the way.

who cares if he can sell ppv's?

I doubt Fedor is gonna fight Schaub....they are gonna want to match him up with somebody by like big foot/arlovski/hunt

something they can market as a grudge match of sorts...

I think that would be a terrible decision. Fedor hasn't fought in years and UFC is probably dropping serious bank on him considering Reebok pays in shit and coco puffs.

He needs a tune up fight with a big name outside the top 10.

Maybe Fedor vs Cro Cop

No, he can't sell PPV's. He doesn't speak English, has never fought in the UFC and physically looks terrible. He's unknown outside of sherdog. Try to build this guy up as some type of killer and 95% of MMA fans will think it's a troll.

Back