Can DC truly claim that he’s at the top of the mountain?

Another thing that rarely gets factored in is DC's age. He was past his prime even in the first Jones fight. What if they were both 27 the first time or 30 the second time, would Jones still have beaten DC? We'll never know, but we do know that age in fact does play a role. I'm not a fan of either fighter, but it has to be considered, imo.

Before the dc fight he had what is considered highly suspect t/e ratios, and afterwards he checked into rehab due to testing positive for cocaine. After his next fight against saint preux, he tested positive for not one but two banned substances while preparing for dc. Then when he fought dc he tested positive for the PED turinabol.

All this started happening when USADA came into play. So did he just start taking drugs when they increased the strictness of drug testing? That wouldnt be very smart. Maybe he was just a dope fiend all along?

Fuck jon jones, cheating piece of shit. Eye pokes in every fight, 12-6 elbows, coke, banned substances, PEDs, hit and runs on preggo chicks, going on the run from cops...couldn't be filthier, the man has no integrity at all

As for that choice of words, getting the better of dc...dcs record is clean as a whistle, he has jones belt and he has the heavyweight belt as well. Meanwhile jon is just a failure on his latest drugs ban. Dc wins at life

Yes yes I’ve heard all of this nonsense about highly suspect this and highly suspect that. It’s a loss on his record man. That’s final and it’s never going away. He also got knocked out in a rematch. He also got the worst of a press conference brawl. These are things that none of us can erase from our memories. They happened. DC is not even the greatest light heavyweight of all time. He won the heavyweight title and he’s going to retire very soon. He is maybe top five but that’s as far as it goes.

Cormier is the top dog and there is no doubt what so ever. Jones could have been top dog, but his actions to cheat negated any accomplishments (win's) he previously had over his rivals. Jones has all loses as far as i'm concerned, and he won't have a win in my eye's until he decides to finally fight clean for once.

Last edited:
If we're talking about who is the best unified rules mixed martial artist then, yes, DC can claim to be greater than Jon Jones. He can do that because, yes, PEDs are against the narrow ruleset of the unified rules of mixed martial arts.

That's not really what anyone's talking about though. People are really talking about who is the greatest fighter.

Jon Jones on his best night beats DC's best in a fight. Every knows that. Cormier is a greater unified rules mixed martial artist. Jones is a greater fighter.
jones has been caught cheating multiple times, so his accomplishments are questionable at best. The unified rules are how both Cormier and jones' careers are judged so there's no separating that and being a fighter.

Until jones can resume his career and show he can dominate without PEDs, he's the one with something to prove, not Cormier

jones has been caught cheating multiple times, so his accomplishments are questionable at best. The unified rules are how both Cormier and jones' careers are judged so there's no separating that and being a fighter.

Until jones can resume his career and show he can dominate without PEDs, he's the one with something to prove, not Cormier
I saw him dominate with PEDs and he dominated.

Dgeud9VUEAAVykt

Clean Bones gets wrecked at HW. Imagine this bum facing DC on popeyes.

DC is definitely at the top of the mountain .Jones has tarnished whatever legacy he had left with this most recent drug failure. Let's not forget about the dui, drag racing, the other failed test, the coke, the I'm a Christian but I had a baby with another woman that's not my wife. Jones coucould been a great but hehe fucked his career himself. Is he a great? Yeah sure but he's not one of the greats. DC on the other hand is a great .

Last edited:
He's a cheat and one win against DC is officially a loss for Jones, period. The first win should be a lose too.

Uh yeah that makes no sense but maybe you had a few drinks.

Jones legacy is unknown at this time. He must come back and do more. Win more big fights. DC is below GSP, Anderson and Fedor IMO, not enough title defenses, and again not the best of his own division..

DC is definitely at the top of the mountain .Jones has tarnished whatever lefaclhe had left with this most recent drug failure. Let's not forget about the dui, drag racing, the other failed test, the coke, the I'm a Christian but I had a baby with another woman that's not my wife. Jones coukdvcobeen a great but heshfucked his career himself. Is he a great? Yeah sure but he's not one of the greats. DC on the other hand is a great .
This is why you don't look at records and you watch actual fights. Sure, DC shows a no contest against Jones. Matt Hamill has a win. Watch the fights though and you see a flawless body count of the greatest fighters of all time. Real fans have seen the fights and know who the greatest is: Jon Jones.

Even if Jon Jones comes back there will be an asterisks next to his name. Reminds me of Barry Bonds in baseball who has the most home runs ever and most home runs in a single season but there is an asterisks next to his name because it is almost certain he juiced

Jones would fight him at LHW and then HW to claim both belts.

Jon Jones is simply better than any other fighter in the UFC, simple as that.

for all the talk here, DC will soon NOT be the GOAT (if he is) anymore (let's remind the people here that he got gifted a shot at the HW title, because he wasn't a dominant LHW champ to being with). let's see what happens with the USADA things with jones, it's taking too fucking long. also you have dillashaw and MM running from the sides to be the GOAT, in a WAY deeper division that is BW. MM yeah FLW is not really deep but he has broken* (tied) the title defenses record and if he finally stops ducking and fights dillashaw, and obviously wins, he has a saying on it too

Jon Jones is the greatest in the same way that a naturally gifted/skilled boxer who beats all of his opponents using loaded hand wraps, coupled with his natural abilities, is the greatest boxer.

He's the greatest in the same way that a legit homerun slugger who crushes every pitch that comes at him, while having the advantage of a hidden cork in his bat, is the greatest baseball player.

Last edited:
Hes had an amazing career and is in the elite 2 division champions club but there is that one figure standing in his way to the top. Jones is a drug cheat but unfortunately he’s beaten him twice and that had to have put a huge dent in his pride. He did the drugs but being beaten by the same man twice is not something you just get over. Jones imo will always be the man standing in his way and honestly that should be his last fight. I wanna see if he can truly overcome Jones at HW otherwise it’ll haunt him until the day he dies.

Honestly didn't care to read.. DC IS on top of the mountain, a true great.

Why do you lump Cro Cop in with Fedor and Nog in terms of accomplishment at HW?

To me, it's a bit silly to pretend Stipe hasn't matched Cro Cop at HW, or that DC's legacy in general hasn't bettered Cro Cop's by a fair margin.

Fedor? Yes. Nog? Very reasonable.

Cro Cop? No...that's nostalgia talking IMHO. To both the eye test and resume/top wins.
You may have a point, but all 3 were great HW's that happened to have their primes at the same time, so their names are forever interconnected, but you are correct. Nog & Fedor are both above Cro Cop, and upon further review (on my part), they might have surpassed him... although i might say that DC yes, Miocic maybe not, but there's certainly a case for debate...Then again, miocic is still going strong while Cro Cop is done, so a debate might be just temporary to seal Miocic above Cro Cop......

Back