Can DC truly claim that he’s at the top of the mountain?

I’m not saying that Jones is still at the top of the mountain but imo he’s the last obstacle in DC’s way to the top. I want DC to knock him out and finally overcome his ultimate demon in Jones and just don’t want him to have any regrets later in life because they’re gonna be there.

Hes had an amazing career and is in the elite 2 division champions club but there is that one figure standing in his way to the top. Jones is a drug cheat but unfortunately he’s beaten him twice and that had to have put a huge dent in his pride. He did the drugs but being beaten by the same man twice is not something you just get over. Jones imo will always be the man standing in his way and honestly that should be his last fight. I wanna see if he can truly overcome Jones at HW otherwise it’ll haunt him until the day he dies.
Jones is the figure in his own way.

If you look at it a certain way, DC went down to LHW and fought a minority of his fights there before going back to HW and winning a belt against the guy with the most UFC HW title defenses. It could be looked at as an excursion to a new weight class to drop down and end up winning a belt.
Heavyweight was a different matter, and I absolutely believe DC would have gotten at least one title shot at HW had he never dropped down, and my guess is he would've won the belt, and possibly/probably be the guy to hold the record for most defenses at that weight now.

HW is a Jon Jones free weight class. Also, the UFC without steroids would be a Jon Jones free organization. Shit, they practically are now with others undoubtedly still roiding at this point - because the guy seems addicted to cheating along with the drugs.

There's a real chance that by the time DC could get a shot at Jones, he'll be long since retired. Plus there's absolutely no guarantee that it would be a clean Jones showing up. He doesn't deserve the shot.

He has more of a right to claim than someone who got busted for peds twice. I also think peds or not that Jones may not be a favorable matchup for DC but DC performs better against other fighters. We know Jones struggled more against Gus, and AJ would probably give him even more trouble. Stipe probably would have beat Jones too

He isn't my favorite fighter, but DC is the GOAT at this point.

He's fought tougher comp than Jones and Jones did it while he was juiced to the gills. Jones was on the juice both times they fought. He's basically slipped up and admitted it himself now in interviews. DC is basically undefeated at this point.

DC is going to be remembered as the 2nd ever champ champ. Jones has been fun to watch and his antics have been entertaining, but he's going to be remembered for Cocaine, Peds and hiding under the ring for 8 hours.

Hes had an amazing career and is in the elite 2 division champions club but there is that one figure standing in his way to the top. Jones is a drug cheat but unfortunately he’s beaten him twice and that had to have put a huge dent in his pride. He did the drugs but being beaten by the same man twice is not something you just get over. Jones imo will always be the man standing in his way and honestly that should be his last fight. I wanna see if he can truly overcome Jones at HW otherwise it’ll haunt him until the day he dies.

Yes, he can claim anything he wants, but it doesn't make it true.

If we're talking about who is the best unified rules mixed martial artist then, yes, DC can claim to be greater than Jon Jones. He can do that because, yes, PEDs are against the narrow ruleset of the unified rules of mixed martial arts.

That's not really what anyone's talking about though. People are really talking about who is the greatest fighter.

Jon Jones on his best night beats DC's best in a fight. Every knows that. Cormier is a greater unified rules mixed martial artist. Jones is a greater fighter.

i'm not entirely sure what is the distinction or why is it even relevant to this situation as Jones strictly fought under MMA rules.

"Jon Jones on his best night beats DC's best in a fight"

Yeah, under mma rules with the help of steroid. Again, I'm confused how does that make him greater than DC as a fighter.

Last edited:
DC is at the top of the mountain. Jon is of course floating above him high as a kite. Jon was without a doubt the greatest martial artist to EVER be in the Octagon. The fact he destroyed his own life with drugs and PEDs does not mean he didn't and does not have the highest potential of any fighter. Sometimes the gifted are scumbags, that's life.

Where is Jones second belt?

giphy.gif

He got his 9th belt after beating Cormier the first time. 10th after the second time.

Doubtless DC is desperate for affirmation from Sherbros.

Jones abused the steroid, and consequently his performance he showed against DC should be disregarded. Until Jones can prove that he is capable of beating DC off the drug, DC is on top of the mountain. Even if the third fight never comes to fruition, DC would still go down as the best. The responsibility is on Jones, not DC.
This. Ignorant to say Roid Jones is the best.

No he can't claim goat status. I'm no Jones fan but he got handled twice. It's easy to write Jones off as a cheater except we all know the vast majority of fighters have juiced in the past
Just a dummy reply. To assume everyone is cheating to cover up what jones did is ridiculous. There are plenty of clean fighters.

DC is at the top of the mountain based on the fact that he is yet to actually fight a "clean" Jones at LHW.

One of the "wins" Jones has over DC already is deemed a NC under USADA due to multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole which unfortunately makes all his MMA accomplishments null and void.

If USADA went after him like they did Lance Armstrong, his MMA record be 0-1-0 with 23 NC and considering how the CSAC hearing went, they most likely will.

Boasting about the PED usage on twitter does not help either.

DC very well could be 2-0 over a "clean" Jones in this USADA era.

If anything since DC beat Miocic, Jones needed the PEDs to fight DC and could never beat DC without the PEDs to the point he was willing to risk his MMA career for the PEDs.

Only the last remaining Jones nutthuggers who live in Cuckistan would defend his PED usage by just saying that everyone else does it.

Everybody loses.

DC did it once.

...once.

iu

Twice. And if he continues to fight he will lose more.

DC has stated that Cain is still best HW. And Jon is the best LHW. DC is amazing and one of the best ever but hes not even the best fighter now.

DC will always live in the shadow of Jones but obviously he's a top 10 of all time.

He is the legit HW champ but not at LHW since he is 0-2 against Jones

DC is yet to actually fight a "clean" Jones so its hard to tell but 1 of the "wins" Jones has over DC is deemed a NC under USADA due to multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole which unfortunately makes all his MMA accomplishments null and void.

If USADA went after him like they did Lance Armstrong, his MMA record be 0-1-0 with 23 NC and considering how the CSAC hearing went, they most likely will.

Boasting about the PED usage on twitter does not help either.

DC very well could be 2-0 over a "clean" Jones in this USADA era.

If anything since DC beat Miocic, Jones needed the PEDs to fight DC and could never beat DC without the PEDs to the point he was willing to risk his MMA career for the PEDs.

Only the last remaining Jones nutthuggers who live in Cuckistan would defend his PED usage by just saying that everyone else does it.

jonesCollage.jpg

Jones could roll out of bed and beat up DC. Its just the way it is. DC is a great fighter but Jones owns him. Kinda sad.

Back