Can DC truly claim that he’s at the top of the mountain?

He’s about to steal Jones’s superfight from him. He’s getting the last laughs now while jones is pouting on instagram trying to figure out his life.

He would have to beat jones to make it to the top of the mountain....

Jones is the one who derailed his career and is no longer a factor in the sport. DC did lose to him, but his career has progressed and nobody can take away his success

Can the people that came in second to Lance Armstrong claim they are the best?

Answer to title question and above question is the same.

Who gives a shit...

<{UberTS}>

YEAH!

DC will never be satisfied with his MMA career unless he beats Jones. DC CLEARLY thinks Jones is the best fighter

Meh. that was at LHW, which I agree with you.
But I don't buy this crap of him becoming GOAT the same way I didn't buy Miocic being it.
UFC HW suck, and being at the top of a shitty mountain does not mean much.

Same I said before: it is unfair to DC & Miocic, but it is just what it is.
They can't climb higher than Fedor, Nog or Crop Cop, because there's simply no big mountains around to climb.
I disagree. I think Stipe and DC both have fought as good if not better competition than Fedor, Nog or Cro Cop.
Bigfoot, barnett, mir, nelson, rumble, gus, oezdemir, stipe... his easy fights were hendo and anderson. Those were his can fights.
Stipe had nelson, maldonado, hunt, arlovski, werdum, overeem, jds... and stipe still has a lot of fight in him.
Fedor's notable wins: Arona (a LHW at best), babalu, herring, nog, coleman, randleman, cro cop, hunt, lindland (a middleweight), sylvia, arlovski. That's his career. He made his name off beating Nog, Coleman, cro cop and the ex ufc champs.

IMO, DC and Stipe's records stack up well name for name. Fedor's list is longer but he peaked younger. Personally I think 40yr old DC beats prime Fedor. That's no less subjective than any other part of the GOAT discussion but enough for me to tip my hat to DC over Fedor.

<mma1>When you win the battles but lose the war

He got knocked out and cried like a 6 year old 2 fights ago. This baddest man on the planet thing is sjw nonsense

Dumb ass thread and this topic has been beaten to death.

Yes we all know Jon beat DC

Facts:

Jon's entire legacy will forever be tainted with the ped controversies. His name is forever tied to the word "steroids". Not good.

DC had the balls to do something Jon HIMSELF admitted he was to scared to do....move up. DC not only moved up but became HW champion and is UNDEFEATED at HW.

DC would be undefeated in TWO SEPERATE WEIGHTCLASSES if not for Juiced Jones.

DC has never lost at HW which is his real weighcass. He only drained himself for his bff Cain.

DC would likely whoop Jon Jones at HW if USADA is in effect

DC beat the man that is the biggest threat Jon never fought, Rumble. DC owned him twice.

Jones is the UFC version of Lance Armstrong. Not a single one of his accomplishments deserves to be recognized. Nor does Anderson Silva's or any other lowlife dope cheat.

You can cry about it all you like but that's the way history will view your boy :)
I want to see Jon Jones dad say "thats still my boy!" Weidman style.

No he can't claim goat status. I'm no Jones fan but he got handled twice. It's easy to write Jones off as a cheater except we all know the vast majority of fighters have juiced in the past

So let me get this straight.

Your logic excuses the use of drugs, off the premise that other fighters also cheat.1

1.other fighters are not in question, this excuse only works off the basis that Daniel Cormier is a drug cheat, otherwise it is irrelevant even if 90% of fighters cheat if DC is part of the 10%.

2. I dont know how Jones failing a test = DC being a drug cheat, seeing how had Jones not failed you would not be slandering DC.

What an original thread, this topic is so played out that the fact this thread exists almost irritates me more than the question

Jones abused the steroid, and consequently his performance he showed against DC should be disregarded. Until Jones can prove that he is capable of beating DC off the drug, DC is on top of the mountain. Even if the third fight never comes to fruition, DC would still go down as the best. The responsibility is on Jones, not DC.

Exactly! The real question should be "Can Jones truly claim to be at the top of the mountain?". His whole career is in question now due to his drugs and steroid abuse. Can he really feel comfortable in his wins and believe that he would have won all this time without the steroids? Until he can climb the ranks and win the belt without steroids, he will always be known as a FAKE Champ who cheated his way through. Unless he proves himself without steroids, it will haunt him until the day he dies.

Todays real baddest men on the planet could be either of them:
Jones, Cain, Stipe, DC, Blaydes, Minakov, Riner, M. Lopez

Yes he can. DC is GOAT Champ Champ. Deal with it.
<DC-Champ><DC-Champ><DC-Champ><DC-Champ>

Jones abused the steroid, and consequently his performance he showed against DC should be disregarded. Until Jones can prove that he is capable of beating DC off the drug, DC is on top of the mountain. Even if the third fight never comes to fruition, DC would still go down as the best. The responsibility is on Jones, not DC.
If we're talking about who is the best unified rules mixed martial artist then, yes, DC can claim to be greater than Jon Jones. He can do that because, yes, PEDs are against the narrow ruleset of the unified rules of mixed martial arts.

That's not really what anyone's talking about though. People are really talking about who is the greatest fighter.

Jon Jones on his best night beats DC's best in a fight. Every knows that. Cormier is a greater unified rules mixed martial artist. Jones is a greater fighter.

Meh. that was at LHW, which I agree with you.
But I don't buy this crap of him becoming GOAT the same way I didn't buy Miocic being it.
UFC HW suck, and being at the top of a shitty mountain does not mean much.

Same I said before: it is unfair to DC & Miocic, but it is just what it is.
They can't climb higher than Fedor, Nog or Crop Cop, because there's simply no big mountains around to climb.

this^ ... in ufc HW is probably the 2nd worst male division outside of BW..

Vitaly Minakov is really the only truly well rounded HW out there asides from DC at the moment and he's in russia for now

Back