Can Crawford beat Spence?

I know, right!?

A fight that's guaranteed to happen too, and just a short while away<Moves>

Ah I can’t fckin wait dude. And like you say this is not some dream matchup, this shit is happening! No idea who wins, not sure I even care (well maybe usyk). Just gonna sit back with a fat joint and enjoy it

It's not about who beat who quicker or did more damage, it's about boxing abilities and boxing IQ,and not this brute strength, power punching techniques we see.

Manny lost to Horn because he's a jump in and jump out flurry of power punching fighter that doesn't have good defense when he's put under extreme pressure, Manny just holds his hands to his face and takes power shots.

Crawford is a offensive / defensive fighter with Whitaker type defensive footwork and head movement that can fight going forward, backwards and side to side, while countering you with great power punches.

Spence jr is a flat footed power puncher, that uses his size and strength to over power his opponents, while getting hit with counter punches and thinking he could simply take them, Spence is just a Julian Jackson of this generation of boxers, but with a better chin, until he gets really tested.

Crawford beats Spence because Spence and everyone else will think Spence just overpowers Crawford, just like most thought that Chavez Sr would overpower Whitaker, but Whitaker used footwork and defensive techniques to beat Chavez and Crawford will do the same to Spence jr and stop Spence or get a knockdown in their fight because Crawford is the superior smarter fighter with better boxing skills and better defensive techniques, while Spence is the stalking power punching / Julian Jackson type of seek and destroy you fighter.

Crawford will beat everyone at 147 and 154 and Spence is number 2 at 147, but Charlo is giving Spence trouble and a war at 154, because of styles and boxing abilities, their fight would be like a Julian Jackson war type of power punching exciting fight, until someone gets knocked out.

Also Horn got beat because he's this generations Ricky Hatton, who can take a better punch then Ricky can but still can't truly box and change his style and use defensive counter attacks while using offensive pressure attacks.
spence does have a workmanlike approach to beating the shit out of people, but to call him a flat footed power puncher is selling him short. crawford is slicker, but spence is a damn good boxer, and he has fucking bricks for fists. he has the power to put you down, and he will find you.

it would be a pretty dope fight, but betting against spence in any fight at welterweight is throwing away your money.

TC could win, he has a great way of figuring out an opponent and exploit them. And if need be will switch hit

Nope and that's not taking anything away from TC. I'm going to edit the thread title for you.

Ha can beat Spence, but just as Spence can beat him. I'd have Spence as a slight favorite at that.

tenor.gif

I need to come back to the boxing forum to assuage these young tight individuals.

Nope and that's not taking anything away from TC. I'm going to edit the thread title for you.

Lol, This is the nicest I've seen you tell someone they are inhabited by The Ennui.

Ah I can’t fckin wait dude. And like you say this is not some dream matchup, this shit is happening! No idea who wins, not sure I even care (well maybe usyk). Just gonna sit back with a fat joint and enjoy it
Speaking my language, brotha. Speaking my language.

Is this a trick question? Of course Terrance can beat Spence. He's a fantastic boxer and should be the p4p 1. And Spence is my favorite fighter so I more then aware of the significant threat that Terrance poises to Errol just as I understand the significant threat that Spence poises to Terrance. Having said all that this size talk and that factor it will play when the two fight is way overblown, Terrance is a strong WW and if Errol beats him it will be his skill and Fight IQ that will play by far the most significant factor in the fighter.

On a side note.....Top Rank needs to put more marketing behind Terrance as their top guy because although Loma is a fantastic fighter, Terrance is just better.

This fight isn't about who is the better talent so much as if Crawford's talent is better than the whole package Spence brings to the table. Spence is a big welter, and could fight comfortably at 154 (even though I would dispute that his style is not suited to weight-jumping), Crawford is not a big welter at all, kind of skinny.

Crawford will have to fight at the level Duran did against Ray Leonard, in order to win. "Over-perform" is a strong word, but he'll have to be consistently at his best.

It would be a really interesting southpaw/southpaw matchup. One of the more interesting ones I can think of in boxing history, actually. Both guys have a bit of Hagler in them stylistically. As slow as Horn is, you could tell that Crawford is going to have genuinely fast feet and hands compared to pretty much anyone else at WW, and I can see that giving Spence trouble. Both have very useful jabs; Crawford's is a bit more varied and gets there faster, but Spence's is heavier and consistently backs his opponents up. One would assume the battle of the jabs will be crucial if (hopefully when) they do fight. Still, even if Crawford has excellent feet he can still be hit, and he has never faced a puncher remotely similar to Spence. Crawford seems like a guy who would be very difficult to break down as he appears to have excellent stamina, but if there was a WW to do it, it would be Spence.

If I were forced to choose, I'd slightly favour Spence, but this is an extremely competitive and interesting fight. It might actually be the best fight to make in the sport.

This generation who thinks today’s fighters are already better than floyd or Lebron is better than Jordan.

That tells you how fast media is moving and how little the dendrites retains knowledge. I think these are the nuances of technology surpassing the limitations of the cortex's ability to absorb information deep inside of them.

Spence gives away rounds at the begining of the fight focusing on the body, then TC slows down and gets gotten to. Spence gets the JD, I think Crawford is durable and smart enough to make it to the end.

imo, spence and crawford are this generations leonard and hearns or hearns and hagler or leonard and hagler...any variation thereof.

actually, i'm rooting for them not to fight each other....just like i'm not interested in a danny jacobs- jermall fight either...there's many other guys who will make interesting matchups with them two.

actually, i'm rooting for them not to fight each other....just like i'm not interested in a danny jacobs- jermall fight either...there's many other guys who will make interesting matchups with them two.

Spence would KO Wilder.

Back