Can Conor last 5 rounds with Nate?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I have no doubt Nate can last 5 rounds and go to a decision with Conor but can Conor last 5 rounds? Nate's chin held up like it usually does in the 1st fight and it didn't look like Nate got rocked hard once by Conor.

Conor however has shown to have below average cardio and a suspect chin. He immediately started backing up after he got hit by a clean 1-2 and then turned into a panic wrestler after he took a couple of more hard shots to the head.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it. Conor has got to end it quick if he wants the W.

Nate's output is only gonna get progressively greater in.the later rounds and that's a long time to avoid the ground with a Diaz.

While Nate isn't the best at shooting, he is the bigger man and he does have decent judo skills. Conor has to be in the pocket to land, and Nate's a long opponent.

I've got Diaz in 2 or 3, more or less how he handled the first fight. Conor might last a bit longer, but when it hits the floor it's over.

Don't think so. He NEEDS to put Nate away in round 1 or 2 to win the fight (which could definitely happen).

I don't think he can last three rounds with Nate.

Couldn't do it the first time don't see how he could pull it off now.

Don't think so. He NEEDS to put Nate away in round 1 or 2 to win the fight (which could definitely happen).

Anything can happen in mma I guess but KOing Nate in 1 or 2 rounds is a hell of a challenge. Even Rory couldn't do it and he was rag dolling him.

He's only been KO'd once and Conor throwing everything but the kitchen sink in the 1st fight and still not rocking Nate once isn't a good sign. Even though Conor keeps saying Nate was close to being finished. :D

Cardio was the most alarming aspect of that fight for McGregor. When they were in the clinch you could tell Conor was gassed and finished.

It will go well.
Gregory had a perfect fight camp and gassed.....badly

10day Cabo nate, without cardio training did just fine.

Full camp Nate will have unlimited cardio
Things will be ever better and more fun tbis time :)

Good luck to both lol

Not hating on Conor but this is stylistically the worst possible match up for him

He can't go 5 rounds with anybody. He throws power shots to knockout in the 1st 2 rounds. He has no other game plan.

Besides, the longer a fight goes the more it favors the fighter who is multi dimensional and has more weapons. 5 round fights are bad for Conor even if he didnt gas

If Conor doesn't finish Nate, he loses. Stylistically he just can't go 5 with Nate, since Nate keeps coming like the terminator and Conor isn't a wrestler or rangy striker. Factor in that Nate is bigger and that wears down Conor even more in clinches. Conor would have to hit and run like Condit to win and that's not his style, but if he tried it he'd eventually get tagged. Basically both fighters are hittable, but only one is durable.

Conor won't gas! But he will get sub'd like a bitch again, that or KO'd stiff.

New and improved green energy Econoconor will throw 50% less bombs in the first two rounds allowing his efficiency rate to rise 25%. Once he encounters several combinations of Stockton speed bumps, the bulk of the clean energy system will run out and his system will switch to regular gas by round 4.

He should if he's touching butt hard 25 minutes plus in camp

Conor was only another big shot or two away from dropping Nate in the first . If he can do what he did in the first fight with a little more effecincy in his shots he can stop Nate in a round or two .. I don't believe Nate was not training for the first fight as he admitted he knew the RDA fight was not going to happen and he admitted they were trying to get him to fight Conor for weeks . He used the weight issue to his advantage as he probably felt he didn't have a chance against Conor if he had to cut a load of weight . Now Conor knows who he is fighting and has more time to get ready for the extra weight . All it takes us one big shot from Conor and he can get a KO .

I'm sure Conor's gas tank will be better than their first fight, but if he doesn't knock Nate out in the first couple of rounds, the result will be no different than the first time.

Conor was only another big shot or two away from dropping Nate in the first . If he can do what he did in the first fight with a little more effecincy in his shots he can stop Nate in a round or two .. I don't believe Nate was not training for the first fight as he admitted he knew the RDA fight was not going to happen and he admitted they were trying to get him to fight Conor for weeks . He used the weight issue to his advantage as he probably felt he didn't have a chance against Conor if he had to cut a load of weight . Now Conor knows who he is fighting and has more time to get ready for the extra weight . All it takes us one big shot from Conor and he can get a KO .
"There is no such thing as division, they are all the same.... The whole UFC is the Mc Gregor division" by Conor "three breakfasts a day" Mc Gregor.

Conor doesn't have that type of fighting style which is why I don't think he will beat Nate as Nate is nearly impossible to finish.

Back