Can Conor last 5 rounds with Nate?

The basic level of intelligence on this forum is shocking, people really believe Conor didn't win the first round easily and convincingly, its beautiful actually.

But he hasn't lost a fight where he doesn't worry about the takedown threat IIRC
That's not to say he cant lose one now? I really liked firas breakdown on the first fight i think its spot on, this is a very tough stylistic match For Conor but its far from impossible, he needs to do that first round against nate for 5 this time

for anyone that hasnt done it, id recommend for anyone to watch conor vs nate and then watch nate vs Michael johnson straight after. look at the shots landed by both nate and michael in that fight, and the pace. conors performance in the nate fight was awful

Wait two weeks. You might have an answer.

Simply put, he's not a 5 round fighter. At least not at the pace of a Diaz Bro.

That's not to say he cant lose one now? I really liked firas breakdown on the first fight i think its spot on, this is a very tough stylistic match For Conor but its far from impossible, he needs to do that first round against nate for 5 this time

Of course he can do it. Fight is 50/50 in my mind. I actually see this being a crazy fight that goes to decision.

The problem with fighting the Diaz brothers is that you hit them with your best shot and they smirk and flip you the bird.

I can only imagine how much that has to take out of you. They don't gas and all the while you are getting more and more frustrated while they just keep moving forward and eating your best shots.

Wrestlers have fared well against them because they can just take them down and pound on them to win a decision (if they don't get subbed) but strikers historically have not had the best luck against them.

When Nate vs Conor was announced I told my friend that it was going to look a lot like Nick vs Gomi. What I meant was that Diaz would take a lot of damage early but keep moving forward and that eventually Conor would get frustrated and make a mistake.

To beat the Diaz brothers you have to have a great gas tank, you have to be able to take them down when things aren't going your way standing, you have to be able to avoid the subs and you have to fight smart. I don't think Conor possesses these tools.

Nate via 2nd round TKO or submission. I don't really like either fighter, but I'd prefer Conor to win. Just don't see it happening.

I like the cut of your jib! That's a good summary of what it takes to beat a Diaz. Not complex but Conor's doesn't have the standard skillset necessary for that.

Conor's got an uphill fight because of the range and the fact that he pretty much has to make it a standup game. If he embraces leg kicks enough to chip away at the base for 2 or 3 rounds, his chances go up but neither Diaz gets tired so you pretty much would have to make the limb dead.

Should be interesting to watch.

I have no doubt Nate can last 5 rounds and go to a decision with Conor but can Conor last 5 rounds? Nate's chin held up like it usually does in the 1st fight and it didn't look like Nate got rocked hard once by Conor.

Conor however has shown to have below average cardio and a suspect chin. He immediately started backing up after he got hit by a clean 1-2 and then turned into a panic wrestler after he took a couple of more hard shots to the head.
Nope.

I hope he doesn't because the Diaz brothers have a heavy history of being robbed by decisions

Conor via liver shot R3. There are more ways to end a fight than a KO or sub.

The basic level of intelligence on this forum is shocking, people really believe Conor didn't win the first round easily and convincingly, its beautiful actually.
he did won the first round, but lets not act like he was beating the shit out of Nate, a 10-9 round, far far away from a 10-8

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Thomson caught Nate and finished him, so there is a chance, you never know..

Legit LW, former SF champ, and have Conor ever thrown a Head kick? Conor is more like a boxer than Thomson imo, and that falls right into Nate´s game, Conor has a fair chance, but he is not going the 5 rounds against Nate.

If this fight goes to a decision Nate will probably break the record for strikes landed in a 5rd fight.

don´t worry TS

i doubt he even shows up

he´s clearly in fear of nate and already ducked him at 200

He will last 4 rounds and 1 minute with 23 seconds. That is the true answer.

he did won the first round, but lets not act like he was beating the shit out of Nate, a 10-9 round, far far away from a 10-8

he didnt come close to finishing him but clearly and easily won the round.

Is that why he almost got knocked out by a journeyman lightweight fighter?

He has no bottom game whatsoever. It's embarrassing and years behind where it should be at this point in his career.

Almost got knocked out? Got stunned while gassed, but wasnt even knocked down, lol.

As far as his body game, how many people get up from Chad Mendes top game, multiple times?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back