Can Conor last 5 rounds with Nate?

Strict-NO-Headshake-Reaction-Gif.gif

Conor doesn't have that type of fighting style which is why I don't think he will beat Nate as Nate is nearly impossible to finish.

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Thomson caught Nate and finished him, so there is a chance, you never know..

He barely lasted 2 rounds against Mendes.

The problem with fighting the Diaz brothers is that you hit them with your best shot and they smirk and flip you the bird.

I can only imagine how much that has to take out of you. They don't gas and all the while you are getting more and more frustrated while they just keep moving forward and eating your best shots.

Wrestlers have fared well against them because they can just take them down and pound on them to win a decision (if they don't get subbed) but strikers historically have not had the best luck against them.

When Nate vs Conor was announced I told my friend that it was going to look a lot like Nick vs Gomi. What I meant was that Diaz would take a lot of damage early but keep moving forward and that eventually Conor would get frustrated and make a mistake.

To beat the Diaz brothers you have to have a great gas tank, you have to be able to take them down when things aren't going your way standing, you have to be able to avoid the subs and you have to fight smart. I don't think Conor possesses these tools.

Nate via 2nd round TKO or submission. I don't really like either fighter, but I'd prefer Conor to win. Just don't see it happening.

I hope this is a quick, one sided victory for Nate. No rubber match.

They could meet a 100 times and go the distance, still Conor would not win a descicion. The only way he can beat Nate is by TKO/KO. And only in rounds 1, 2 and 3. Cardio is Nates friend. Not so much Conors.

NHNtRDB4eTZ3MDgx_o_zombieland-rule-1---cardio.jpg

I have no doubt Nate can last 5 rounds and go to a decision with Conor but can Conor last 5 rounds? Nate's chin held up like it usually does in the 1st fight and it didn't look like Nate got rocked hard once by Conor.

Conor however has shown to have below average cardio and a suspect chin. He immediately started backing up after he got hit by a clean 1-2 and then turned into a panic wrestler after he took a couple of more hard shots to the head.
Conor won't make it 3 rounds. He is expecting Nate to be slow like a MW. He is still going to try and tee off and get the win in the first two. He'll blow his load, if he even gets a chance to. I think Nate will overwhelm Conor from the beginning this time. His volume punching is too much for Conor. His ground game is so much better than Conor's that it will again be a quick tap if it goes there.

People forget Nate's lost 10 fights lol, he is a great fighter but nobody is unbeatable or an impossible stylistic matchup

Unless Conor's able to take out Nate with a body shot, I think this could be Conor's only way to win, i.e. fight more of a slower, strategic fight and use his speed to counter. We'll see if he can do that for 5 rounds, as Nate is bound to catch him a few times with his 1-2.

Cabo Nate starched full-camp no weight cut Conor.

Full-camp no weight cut Conor is fighting again. He's definitely worked on some things, but there is no steroid or supplement for cardio or ground game. Years and years have gone into Nate's gas tank and BJJ - no training camp in the world could replicate them in 13 weeks.

Anything can happen in mma I guess but KOing Nate in 1 or 2 rounds is a hell of a challenge. Even Rory couldn't do it and he was rag dolling him.

He's only been KO'd once and Conor throwing everything but the kitchen sink in the 1st fight and still not rocking Nate once isn't a good sign. Even though Conor keeps saying Nate was close to being finished. :D
<mma4>

People forget Nate's lost 10 fights lol, he is a great fighter but nobody is unbeatable or an impossible stylistic matchup
But he hasn't lost a fight where he doesn't worry about the takedown threat IIRC

Conor was only another big shot or two away from dropping Nate in the first . If he can do what he did in the first fight with a little more effecincy in his shots he can stop Nate in a round or two .. I don't believe Nate was not training for the first fight as he admitted he knew the RDA fight was not going to happen and he admitted they were trying to get him to fight Conor for weeks . He used the weight issue to his advantage as he probably felt he didn't have a chance against Conor if he had to cut a load of weight . Now Conor knows who he is fighting and has more time to get ready for the extra weight . All it takes us one big shot from Conor and he can get a KO .
Shut your stupid ass up. Your username gives away your retarded bias. Diaz is gonna make your boy his bitch again and you'll go back into the same hiding place you went into after March 5th.

There isn't even a single Conor fan out there who thinks Conor can go 5 rounds with Nate being honest with themselves

Thompson would beat the fucking brakes off of Conor McGregor on the feet, from the inside, from the outside, in the clinch or on the ground. Moreover, Conor doesn't have the same style that gives Nate fits like Thompson does.

Nate's striking was a little off in the first fight, and Conor still had the mystique.. Without the mystique, Nate should beat hom really easily within 2.

Back