Can Conor jump in to fight Tony?

I definitely see that point. But I think if you’re going to go ahead with the PPV, you’ll get more buys/make more money with Conor headlining than if he wasn’t. Why not maximize your chance to profit if you’re the UFC? Otherwise, you lose buys because Khabib’s off the card, and lose the chance to get buys from a Conor fight for months, because Conor will remain inactive. Makes more sense to book him for 249 if he’ll take fight, and it’s possible logistically.

sure ppv would get alot but the rest of the stuff that conor brings is just as big. tickets sales merch sales hotels from people going. food and beer sold ect ect

ufc not gone waste one of the last few conor cash cow events on one with no fans and conor gets smoked in that cost them the biggest fight in history the khabib rematch,

Conor is not the type of fighter that is concerned with risking losing. He has chosen to take some of the hardest fights stylistically. Even rematching Nate at 170 was impressive. He could have requested it at 155 and would have been a much better matchup for him. Fighting Khabib took balls too. Everyone said Conor would never fight Khabib and was ducking him.

You got Conor fucked up.
Don't really care to argue about Conors balls, I'm not even a hater. None of what you said has lead me (or anyone else for that matter) to believe Conor is willing to take a match up against Tony in 2020 and your argument can easily be countered with some of the easier match ups he's had in his career, not defending his belt, and not to mention the UFC allows him to skip over deserved challengers in the past(and an entire division). Also, hate to nit pick, but if you knew anything about fight odds you would know Conor was a sizable favorite in both Diaz bouts and the first fight is widely considered one of the biggest upsets in the sport... of course he's going to want a rematch to redeem himself, it was damn embarrassing getting choked out in a showcase-main event, by a handpicked opponent who was the +370 underdog lol You also forgot to mention the fact he failed to give Diaz the same opportunity and was content with his majority split decision.
taking the Tony fight would be a financial risk the UFC/Conor are not going to take and makes little sense in terms of how the UFC matches him. The fight would be in less than 3 weeks with no time to promote in an economy that's tanking, while Dana and Company aren't even sure if they're going to be putting on any fights this year let alone set up a fight for Conor. The bigger/money match is not Conor vs Tony and if you think UFC operates in any other way, then you have the UFC and Conor fucked up. Why you need me to tell you UFC puts financial gain in front virtually everything including your fandom expectations of Conor is beyond me.
If the UFC makes Tony vs Conor for 249 feel free to come rub it in my face but I hope you don't hold your breath. Not sure why Conor fans are so quick to defend his honor around here, wasn't even shitting on the guy nor calling him a duck.

Last edited:
None of what you said has lead me (or anyone else for that matter) to believe Conor is willing to take a match up against Tony in 2020 and your argument can easily be countered with some of the easier match ups he's had in his career not to mention the UFC allows him to skip over deserved challengers in the past(and an entire division). Also, hate to nit pick, but if you knew anything about fight odds you would know Conor was a sizable favorite in both Diaz bouts and the first fight is widely considered one of the biggest upsets in the sport... of course he's going to want a rematch to redeem himself lol You also forgot to mention the fact he failed to give Diaz the same opportunity and was content with his majority split decision.
Don't really care to argue about Conors balls, I'm not even a hater. taking the Tony fight would be a financial mistake the UFC/Conor are not going to take and makes little sense in terms of how the UFC matches him. The bigger/money match is not Conor vs Tony and if you think UFC operates in any other way, then you have the UFC and Conor fucked up...
If the UFC makes Tony vs Conor for 249 feel free to come rub it in my face but I hope you don't hold your breath. Not sure why Conor fans are so quick to defend his honor around here. Wasn't even shitting on the guy.

Conor gets attacked constantly no matter what he does. Thats why fans of Conor are so quick to defend. Shit gets old. But if you werent attacking him its whatever.

Conor has stated 2020 is going to be a big year for him. Wanting to fight 3 times. Wouldnt surprise me at all if he fought Tony on short notice. Thats why people like him so much. He is a true mixed martial artist and warrior. Constantly challenging himself and improving. Even if that means risking losing a fight. I dont know who wouldnt respect that.

Conor gets attacked constantly no matter what he does. Thats why fans of Conor are so quick to defend. Shit gets old. But if you werent attacking him its whatever.

Conor has stated 2020 is going to be a big year for him. Wanting to fight 3 times. Wouldnt surprise me at all if he fought Tony on short notice. Thats why people like him so much. He is a true mixed martial artist and warrior. Constantly challenging himself and improving. Even if that means risking losing a fight. I dont know who wouldnt respect that.
Fair enough.
I can see you’re a big fan but try taking off the rose color glass’s every once in a a while. Makes it difficult to have any kind of a productive conversation if one person is leaning so hard one way.
I don’t see how Conor plans on fighting three times this year. He just came out in an interview saying the government needs to do what’s necessary to contain Covid-19. Would be quite the contradiction lol Conor fighting three times in a calendar year hasn’t happened in how long?????? Not to mention the fact that most state athletic commissions aren’t going to allow sanctioned bouts to take place when there’s an international outbreak happening. I feel like I’m being trolled at this point..

Last edited:
I hope so.

Great fight and McGregor wants the Khabib rematch, a win over Ferguson is the perfect way to get it.

Fair enough.
I can see you’re a big fan but try taking off the rose color glass’s every once in a a while. Makes it difficult to have any kind of a productive conversation if one person is leaning so hard one way.
I don’t see how Conor plans on fighting three times this year. He just came out in an interview saying the government needs to do what’s necessary to contain Covid-19. Would be quite the contradiction lol Conor fighting three times in a calendar year hasn’t happened in how long?????? Not to mention the fact that most state athletic commissions aren’t going to allow sanctioned bouts to take place when there’s an international outbreak happening. I feel like I’m being trolled at this point..

The current situation is all the more reason Conor may take the opportunity to fight Tony if its there.

I think Conor would actually prefer to fight Tony, who is much more likely to stand with him than Khabib. We all know Tony has a great ground game, but he’s not going to try and spam takedowns on Conor. I think Conor wants the belt back, and we know Dana wants him in a title fight. Dana already was going to put him against the winner.

Conor could definitely get Tony out of there in the first round, it's a very winnable fight for him.

Conor could definitely get Tony out of there in the first round, it's a very winnable fight for him.
Even though I’m not a Conor fan, I won’t deny he’s a very good striker. Any fight against an opponent who is likely to stand with him is potentially a winnable fight for him. But Tony isn’t a declining Cowboy Cerrone who was just happy to be there. Tony will make it a high pressure dogfight, and I don’t think Conor wins. But it would be a very fun fight, I’d love to see it.

Conor wont fight Tony .... at least not right now with a few weeks notice. Conor coach with the usual #1 bullshit lip service. He better knock out Tony early ( which is possible) cause that fight goes to ground, we see another Conor taparoo.

Does everyone really think Tony would beat Conor?

Is this based on Diaz?

Look how bad pettis stunned Ferguson and others too

I think Conor would have a great chance

91551040_2700729150162048_6251149999669772288_o.jpg

Even though I’m not a Conor fan, I won’t deny he’s a very good striker. Any fight against an opponent who is likely to stand with him is potentially a winnable fight for him. But Tony isn’t a declining Cowboy Cerrone who was just happy to be there. Tony will make it a high pressure dogfight, and I don’t think Conor wins. But it would be a very fun fight, I’d love to see it.

Very true mate, Tony does start slow though and Conor starts very fast which I think makes it interesting. If it goes longer than 1 though I think Conor gets sub'd. Hopefully we do see it eventually, don't think it will be this month though.

It serves the UFC zero purpose to have either of these guys lose before a title shot, and one of them would if they fought each other.

The current situation is all the more reason Conor may take the opportunity to fight Tony if its there.
How do you figure? Do you have any basis, quotes from Dana or Conor, interviews that nobody else has seen that would back up your claim that Conor is more likely to fight Tony? Any links you can send to me? Or are we just trusting your gut feeling on this? I feel like you didn’t read or address any of points I made and just clicked reply.

Last edited:
How do you figure? Do you have any basis, quotes from Dana or Conor, interviews that nobody else has seen that would back up your claim that Conor is more likely to fight Tony? Any links you can send to me? Or are we just trusting your gut feeling on this? I feel like you didn’t read or address any of points I made and just clicked reply.

I have been paying attention to what Conor has been saying since his return.

Conor won't let the UFC down. If he can save the card he will.

Khabib is a damn chicken running scared.

I have been paying attention to what Conor has been saying since his return.

Conor won't let the UFC down. If he can save the card he will.

Khabib is a damn chicken running scared.
So... no links?
You come at me like I'm the one disrespecting fighters only for you to call Khabib names 2 replies later lol The self awareness in Conor fans is staggering.

Anyways, glad we can have an objective, non biased conversation about your feelings for your favorite fighter buuuuut I'm going to go ahead and do us both a favor and hit the ignore button. Feel free to get the last word in, Conor fans need all the W's they can get around here these days.
One last thing though; I've been betting on fights longer than Conor has been a fighter. So if there's one thing I do know, it is, I get to see who the favorite's are and who the REAL underdogs are. Conor has only been the underdog twice in his entire MMA career. Every other fight, he's cherry picked and been the -350 favorite (sometimes -950 like the Dennis Siver matchup lol). I added a link below to add some substance/facts to this conversation and to actually back up my claim.
People aren't putting their hard-earned cash on him simply because they like the way he fights, everyone knows the UFC matches him up favorably and the odds reflect that in a non biased way despite what the UFC marketing machine is selling to casual fans. Maybe that's something you'll learn once you've been a fan of the sport for more than the last couple of year. Sorry to burst your bubble. Have a good one mate.
https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Conor-McGregor-3147

Last edited:
So... no links?
You come at me like I'm the one disrespecting fighters only for you to call Khabib names 2 replies later lol The self awareness in Conor fans is staggering.

Anyways, glad we can have an objective, non biased conversation about your feelings for your favorite fighter buuuuut I'm going to go ahead and do us both a favor and hit the ignore button. Feel free to get the last word in, Conor fans need all the W's they can get around here these days.
One last thing though; I've been betting on fights longer than Conor has been a fighter. So if there's one thing I do know, it is, I get to see who the favorite's are and who the REAL underdogs are. Conor has only been the underdog twice in his entire MMA career. Every other fight, he's cherry picked and been the -350 favorite (sometimes -950 like the Dennis Siver matchup lol). I added a link below to add some substance/facts to this conversation and to actually back up my claim.
People aren't putting their hard-earned cash on him simply because they like the way he fights, everyone knows the UFC matches him up favorably and the odds reflect that in a non biased way despite what the UFC marketing machine is selling to casual fans. Maybe that's something you'll learn once you've been a fan of the sport for more than the last couple of year. Sorry to burst your bubble. Have a good one mate.
https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Conor-McGregor-3147

So much salt towards Conor. His haters are so weak and pathetic.

Back