Can anyone tell me who might be the best grappler in the world ?

Uncompaghre

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What I'm asking who really is the best grappler in the world ? Most people will start throwing names out their Like marcelo Garcia,Xande and others.I remember reading saulo's book and him saying that sport Ju jitsu is different then having 2 guys go out and have a old fashion BJJ type fight(till someone taps).I 'm sure this question has been asked numerous times but their are monsters all over the world.I rolled with gokor at a seminar he did and he totaly schooled me and I 'm sure he could tap world class bjj guys,obviously gokor is not the best but he is an example of the kind of guy who is unknown and very skilled. I have read stuff about danaher and how good he is,for what ever reasons these guys dont compete but are very dangerous highly skilled people.

I'm sure their is a monster out their that nobody really knows about,its real creepy to think that a guy like danaher could kill you very easily if he wanted too.

Roger is the best in the world. He taps almost everyone and no one taps him, so I don't know that the time limits would make that much difference.

I don't think it can really be argued at this point, Roger is the best grappler in the world.

Roger Gracie, hands down. Marcelo, Xande, Jacare, Werdum, and Braulio Estima are honorable mentions. But as of current, Roger is to BJJ what Fedor is to MMA (save for the Werdum fight)

Grappler is a broad term that generalizes all the different styles that could qualify such as: BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, Sambo, etc. I don't believe you can accurately pick the "best" grappler in the world simply based on their reputation within a single sport. With that being said....

Rickson by armbar. /thread

I think it's this guy...

images

Seriously, a 3/1 creature with trample ability is no joke. :icon_lol:

On a side note, why do people type "/thread"? Sorry, your opinion is not THAT important.

<= That guy, on the left.

I think it's this guy...

images

Seriously, a 3/1 creature with trample ability is no joke. :icon_lol:

On a side note, why do people type "/thread"? Sorry, your opinion is not THAT important.

ahhhh hahahahahaha. thank you.

.I rolled with gokor at a seminar he did and he totaly schooled me and I 'm sure he could tap world class bjj guys,obviously gokor is not the best but he is an example of the kind of guy who is unknown and very skilled. I have read stuff about danaher and how good he is,for what ever reasons these guys dont compete but are very dangerous highly skilled people.

Draculino mentionned in his forum that he saw Danaher tapping out BJJ world champions in training.

But I never heard or read of Gokor tapping any world class BJJ guys.

Until then, I will put it as a "maybe" instead of "could".

According to Grapplers Quest it's Joao Assis.
But I still don't agree with that.
My vote is for Roger.

Worth mentioning Lopez, Makhov, Taymazov & Gatsalov from wrestling.

Also Saori Yoshida, the most dominant force in women's wrestling.

In a submission grappling context - Roger Gracie.

Alexander Karelin, wrestling, submission grappling, gi bjj, real fight.. I don't care if he doesn't know any submissions, the fights over when you get dumped on your head and your neck breaks.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This man to your immediate left

Last edited:
Alexander Karelin, wrestling, submission grappling, gi bjj, real fight.. I don't care if he doesn't know any submissions, the fights over when you get dumped on your head and your neck breaks.

Retired though. The question is "who is", not "who was".

Back