Can anybody at welterweight KO Condit?

Hector Lombard, Paul Daley, Robbie Lawler, Johnny Hendricks, Jake Ellenberger, the question is, CAN they land that shot on him or not and so far nobody hasn't.

Unless its an unprotected clean shot its not gonna happen imo.

Many can including Hendricks and Ellenburger. He just needs to stop tucking his chin, flinch or not see it coming and have it land on his chin. Anyone with heavy hands could catch him if he messes up, but his defense is pretty good. Rolling with the punches and seeing the incoming shot, keeping his hands up (ie Hardy fight), keeping his chin generally tucked (ie first Hendricks bomb he ate I believe)

Condit would go down just like anyone else if he was hit right.

Problem is hitting him right is easier said than done. He has great head movement and movement in general that keeps him just a hair out of being cleanly KO'd. Also great defense with his hands.

I could see him getting TKO'd by someone tho, for sure.

In my opinion nobody. His head placement, tucking his chin in, lead shoulder up, added with his BJ Penn (in his prime) level head movement so that he rolls with each punch makes him invincible to sleep.

I'm open to other, opposing opinions. It's just the fact that we're discussing this makes him quite the amazing fighter no?

Daley, Lombard and Lawler all have the power to realistically do it (not including previous opponents.)

Sure, if they connect properly. Jake and Lawler would have a chance. He's good at rolling with punches plus he has a good chin, which is what makes it hard especially since he's fought some hard hitters.

It just takes a perfect shot on the button.

Big Rigg and Burger just didn't get him clean in the right place. They're both hard hitting brutes who swing wildly. As far as they are concerned, they are aiming for a target that is a foot wide.

Proven (UFC or SF):

Hendricks crazy loopy overhand left/straight left

Ellenbergers right hand via "Pele Punch"

Lawler via lead right hook (best in business besides Kid Yamamoto)

Unproven but possible:

Lombard via lead right hook

Siyar Bahadurzada

Matt Brown

Ellenberger failed to do it 3 times, so I don't really think so.

Especially not Lombard lol

I don't think it's very likely, but I wouldn't be too shocked. I can imagine its possible in a rematch with Ellenberger or maybe lawler and Lombard. People didn't think Silva can get ko'd, so whoever says its not possible is full of it.

Brown can/will TKO him but it won't be a clean KO, I don't think anyone can separate him from consciousness, unless the ref is just letting him get G'n'P to oblivion.

Chins soften up with age and wear and a clean, perfectly placed shot right on the chin will knock out almost anybody so yes, Condit can be knocked out by just about anybody who knows how to fight, and the longer he competes, the more likely it is to happen eventually.

bingo

Plenty of WWs hit hard enough, it's just that Condit rolls with punches so well it's hard to land a clean shot on him.

GSP-vs-Condit-Combo.gif

Of the guys he has yet to fight, Lawler may have the best chance.

Good call. Not only does Condit have an unbelievable chin, but he does roll with punches very well. That gif is proof of that. He took all of Hendricks' punches as well and rolled with most of them pretty easily.

Just like Anderson does, he rolls with the punches and that takes away a lot of the impact.

Condit is the baddest motherfucker in MMA.

Good call. Not only does Condit have an unbelievable chin, but he does roll with punches very well. That gif is proof of that. He took all of Hendricks' punches as well and rolled with most of them pretty easily.

Just like Anderson does, he rolls with the punches and that takes away a lot of the impact.

Condit is the baddest motherfucker in MMA.

The Anderson comparison surprisingly isnt that bad if you take it with a grain of salt. Anderson is obviously more of a pure Muai Thai guy, while Condit is a little more technical kickboxer, but both have excellent standup, good of their backs, with their weakest points being TDD

Obviously Anderson is better in all aspects but their abilities are somewhat similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back