Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger

Where I live if someone is driving like an obnoxious reckless assface there is an 85% chance they are in either a charger, challenger, or Camaro. Not even the slightest hint of exaggeration. Mustang owners are usually pretty chill just have to keep em away from crowds of people
I'm on my third Camaro and Ive been known to drive like a reckless asshole.

But we still have nothing on BMW owners.

I'm on my third Camaro and Ive been known to drive like a reckless asshole.

But we still have nothing on BMW owners.
I'm a BMW driver...........

and I will literally fight you. that is a stupid invalid meme. I use my signals 100% of the time, swear on my own mom

Of course the joke is mustang owners are the ones that crash when driving reckless

I'm a BMW driver...........

and I will literally fight you. that is a stupid invalid meme. I use my signals 100% of the time, swear on my own mom
Who are you kidding. Everyone knows at least 80 percent of BMW owners drive like total pricks. I do love racing them though.

I've been mulling this question as I think about a new nice weather car to replace my 5th gen Camaro SS. Out of the three if I trade I'm leaning towards the Challenger. 6th gen Camaros don't look good anymore and the quality control is suspect. Mustang GT uses a weak manual transmission whereas the Camaro SS and Challenger RT/Scat Pack use a strong Tremec. The Mustang has a peakier rev happy motor while the other two are torque monsters. Pick your poison and grab one before idiot Biden forces us all into electric go karts.

I've been mulling this question as I think about a new nice weather car to replace my 5th gen Camaro SS. Out of the three if I trade I'm leaning towards the Challenger. 6th gen Camaros don't look good anymore and the quality control is suspect. Mustang GT uses a weak manual transmission whereas the Camaro SS and Challenger RT/Scat Pack use a strong Tremec. The Mustang has a peakier rev happy motor while the other two are torque monsters. Pick your poison and grab one before idiot Biden forces us all into electric go karts.
I know that we had this convo of sorts recently but if I don't buy a used ZL1 or new SS by 2023 I might buy a challenger. I love the new ones. At least dodge kept the tradition going on that car. Plus Shaker hoods ftw.

I know that we had this convo of sorts recently but if I don't buy a used ZL1 or new SS by 2023 I might buy a challenger. I love the new ones. At least dodge kept the tradition going on that car. Plus Shaker hoods ftw.
Shaker hoods look amazing, and they look even better from behind the wheel. I forgot but are you driving one of these three now? Here is my SS.

Camaro.jpg

Shaker hoods look amazing, and they look even better from behind the wheel. I forgot but are you driving one of these three now? Here is my SS.

View attachment 779242
Nice. This is my 2011 2SS/RS

Just turned 54k

full

Nice. This is my 2011 2SS/RS

Just turned 54k

full
Sweet! Just hit 18k on mine. Yours looks great and white was my first choice. Still one of the best looking cars out there.

The challenger is the ultimate white trash hot rod. If I had to choose, it’s the mustang and it’s not even close

I drive a Plum Crazy Purple Challenger RT.

Test drove all 3, like the look of all 3 although I’m not a big fan of the rear ends on the new Mustangs or Camaros. I’m not a big guy and I felt cramped in the Camaros interior and it felt cheap, the 5.0 Mustang is fast and fun but I thought for 45k I should be getting a smoother ride. The Challenger gives me the looks, the smooth ride, the interior space and more than enough power

Dodge Challenger.

They're all way too heavy due to all the safety crap stuffed into them.

At least the Challenger is kind of pretty.

They're all overpriced too.

Challenger hands down, though for that price tag...I'd rather buy a collectable classic that's going to appreciate in value.

Civic type R
In high school ('95 or '96) a teacher asked if you could have any car what would it be? Some wanna be gangster said a honda civic. Looked kinda like the dude in your AV, too.

I had made this thread a couple of years back when I was looking at purchasing a new car, and I ultimately settled on the Camaro. I liked the fact that not many people drove one (relative to Mustangs and Challengers), and it was cheaper than the alternatives when comparing trim levels.

While I do really enjoy the car, I do regret puchasing one. Visibiilty is abysmal, and there is very little rear passenger and trunk space. In fact, I don't think an adult can get into the back seat. Out of the three, the Challenger had the most "usability" factor, and wasn't materially smaller than a mid sized car like a Camry. The Mustang probably offers the geatest bang for your buck if your interested in performance - a used 2019 GT premium can be had for less than 40K (Canadian) and your getting 460HP and some nice comfort amenities (leather seats etc.).

To be honest, if you want a pony car, all three have their appeal. I still think the Camaro looks the best of the bunch, but if you plan on using your car for day to day activities, I would probably look at alternatives.

Back