Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger

Love the rims.

Plum Crazy and the Lime green colors were always the best on Cudas and Chargers even back in the day.

I had made this thread a couple of years back when I was looking at purchasing a new car, and I ultimately settled on the Camaro. I liked the fact that not many people drove one (relative to Mustangs and Challengers), and it was cheaper than the alternatives when comparing trim levels.

While I do really enjoy the car, I do regret puchasing one. Visibiilty is abysmal, and there is very little rear passenger and trunk space. In fact, I don't think an adult can get into the back seat. Out of the three, the Challenger had the most "usability" factor, and wasn't materially smaller than a mid sized car like a Camry. The Mustang probably offers the geatest bang for your buck if your interested in performance - a used 2019 GT premium can be had for less than 40K (Canadian) and your getting 460HP and some nice comfort amenities (leather seats etc.).

To be honest, if you want a pony car, all three have their appeal. I still think the Camaro looks the best of the bunch, but if you plan on using your car for day to day activities, I would probably look at alternatives.
I’ve driven a few of the current gen Camaros and that was my biggest takeaway. Yes, the thing absolutely glued me to the seat when I hit the gas, but my god the visibility. I remember thinking this thing is a death trap, not because of the power, but because I cant see a damn thing.

Dodge Challenger.

They're all way too heavy due to all the safety crap stuffed into them.

At least the Challenger is kind of pretty.

They're all overpriced too.
The Challenger has the old school clean look, its the most powerful, Ithink the Camaro is the lightest of the three?

I had made this thread a couple of years back when I was looking at purchasing a new car, and I ultimately settled on the Camaro. I liked the fact that not many people drove one (relative to Mustangs and Challengers), and it was cheaper than the alternatives when comparing trim levels.

While I do really enjoy the car, I do regret puchasing one. Visibiilty is abysmal, and there is very little rear passenger and trunk space. In fact, I don't think an adult can get into the back seat. Out of the three, the Challenger had the most "usability" factor, and wasn't materially smaller than a mid sized car like a Camry. The Mustang probably offers the geatest bang for your buck if your interested in performance - a used 2019 GT premium can be had for less than 40K (Canadian) and your getting 460HP and some nice comfort amenities (leather seats etc.).

To be honest, if you want a pony car, all three have their appeal. I still think the Camaro looks the best of the bunch, but if you plan on using your car for day to day activities, I would probably look at alternatives.

What about the new C8 Corvette with the rear engine its affordable would you get that one?
screen-shot-2019-10-03-at-9-21-22-am-1570109240.png

What about the new C8 Corvette with the rear engine its affordable would you get that one?
screen-shot-2019-10-03-at-9-21-22-am-1570109240.png

At its quoted MSRP of $60K USD, absolutely! But the only C8s I have come across where you can actually purchase one have been $110K+ CAD. Admittedly, it is with the ZR1 engine, but that is way more than I am willing to spend (or can afford). To be honest, I don't think there are going to be too many 1LT Corvettes - most people who want one, also want the power. Having a 300HP engine in a Corvette is blasphemy, and it is only done to allow posers (like me) to have the look, but not have anything under the hood. With all of that being said, there are some great deals on C7s - if I wasn't looking to get rid of all 3 of my cars and just get one daily driver, I would have considered trading in the Camaro for a 2017 3LT Stingray - there are several under $50K on autotrader.

At its quoted MSRP of $60K USD, absolutely! But the only C8s I have come across where you can actually purchase one have been $110K+ CAD. Admittedly, it is with the ZR1 engine, but that is way more than I am willing to spend (or can afford). To be honest, I don't think there are going to be too many 1LT Corvettes - most people who want one, also want the power. Having a 300HP engine in a Corvette is blasphemy, and it is only done to allow posers (like me) to have the look, but not have anything under the hood. With all of that being said, there are some great deals on C7s - if I wasn't looking to get rid of all 3 of my cars and just get one daily driver, I would have considered trading in the Camaro for a 2017 3LT Stingray - there are several under $50K on autotrader.
Are American cars popular in Canada or do they mostly drive euro and jap? When did you develop a love for American cars? In Europe they frown upon those who drive mustangs there or American cars. I dont even think they sell many Stangs, Camaro or Challengers in the UK or Euro maybe its even banned?

I almost bought a Saleen in the early 2000s but found out that I had to go to the US to get one and wasn't allowed there.

Sweet! Just hit 18k on mine. Yours looks great and white was my first choice. Still one of the best looking cars out there.
What kind of exhaust do you have on your car? Any mods?

What kind of exhaust do you have on your car? Any mods?
The exhaust is the optional quad tip dual mode exhaust that they introduced in '13. I pulled the fuse so it stay open all the time. It actually sounds really good. The only real mod is that right after I bought it I had the rear end gears changed from the stock 3.45's to 3.91's.

Any mods on yours?

Out of those three which do you like the best?

wqHLqdr.jpg

XkWLdF6.jpg

LMIST6w.jpg

Mustang. I have one.

I have drove the camaro and the challenger.

The challenger felt like I was driving a boat.
The camaro which I drove across 3 states and back was like impossible to get the fuck out of.

The exhaust is the optional quad tip dual mode exhaust that they introduced in '13. I pulled the fuse so it stay open all the time. It actually sounds really good. The only real mod is that right after I bought it I had the rear end gears changed from the stock 3.45's to 3.91's.

Any mods on yours?
Just a muffler delete and a K&N cold air intake.

I bought the car in Chicago when I was still living there and it had the CAI on it already. Of course thinking nothing of it, I went to register my car in California and they told me I needed to take a smog test first. Sure enough the dude calls me and tell me he can't pass my car because of the CAI. Apparently it's street legal in 49 states except California. So I had to buy a used factory air cleaner housing off of eBay for $100. Fortunately it takes all of ten minutes to swap out so I put it in and passed the smog test. As soon as I got home I swapped that shit right out again. So two year pass and I had to take my car in a again a couple weeks ago and did the old switchero.

It's amazing how much better the car sounds, coming from the front end, when you have one of those on.

I’ve owned close to 20 mustangs and 10ish camaro’s/ta’s, and one 442.

im kinda board of the new cars.

I’ve been wanting to update an Iroc for like a decade now.

If I do anything anytime it will probably be something like this, third gen Maro’, bird etc. with an lsa blower ls swapped , similar to this.

I’d love to do it to a 78’ T/A like my old one but damn the bodies are high or TRASHED.

I had a 78 T/A 6.6 Blk and Gold , true Ws-6 car in Highschool I restored.
Paid 800.00 for it lol. Would be worth a fuck ton now.

I’ve had 2 78 t/a 6.6’s and ALWAYS wanted another but they started getting high dollar.

Just a muffler delete and a K&N cold air intake.

I bought the car in Chicago when I was still living there and it had the CAI on it already. Of course thinking nothing of it, I went to register my car in California and they told me I needed to take a smog test first. Sure enough the dude calls me and tell me he can't pass my car because of the CAI. Apparently it's street legal in 49 states except California. So I had to buy a used factory air cleaner housing off of eBay for $100. Fortunately it takes all of ten minutes to swap out so I put it in and passed the smog test. As soon as I got home I swapped that shit right out again. So two year pass and I had to take my car in a again a couple weeks ago and did the old switchero.

It's amazing how much better the car sounds, coming from the front end, when you have one of those on.
Hmmm, maybe if I keep mine I'll put a CAI on it. I did that on my '00 Z28 and a Mustang GT.

Mustang of the three in the op, comes off a bit Porsche-ish.

Dodge says the production on the Demon is done but they’ll be back in a year or 2 pushing 900-1000hp when they get the engineering correct

Are American cars popular in Canada or do they mostly drive euro and jap? When did you develop a love for American cars? In Europe they frown upon those who drive mustangs there or American cars. I dont even think they sell many Stangs, Camaro or Challengers in the UK or Euro maybe its even banned?

Most of the major American manufacturers have plants in Canada (The Chrysler plant is about 2km from where I live), so American cars are pretty popular. Although on aggregate, I would say that I see more Toyotas and Hondas than anything else. If I through a rock in a parking lot, there is a 1 in 3 chance I am going to hit a Toyota Rav4.

My love for American muscle cars largely stems from their aggressive looks. I don't care than an Audi S8 has 600HP, the thing still looks like a family sedan. I once saw a Dodge Demon on the road, and NOBODY is going to confuse that for a family car - it almost inspires fear, because you just tell how much latent power there is from looking at it. The Challenger as a whole captures the muscle car aesthetic really well - although the fast back Mustangs are growing on me. The first time I saw a Mustang Bullett, I actually thought it was a revised Jaguar F-Type or another super-car from a distance. It has both beauty and power that the average person finds appealing. The Camaro and the Challenger on the other hand tend to leave people divided - some absolutely love it, while others (like my ex) thought the cars were too boxy looking.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Back