Calling all Michigan (and other Midwestern) strongmen!

Odhinnfist

WAR BEARD!!!
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I know we have a good number of guys from Michigan here in the S & P so I thought I'd let everyone know about this. A local gym in my area (Mt. Pleasant) is having a strongman comp on June 21st. It's a North American Strongman (NAS) event and I thought it might be a good opportunity for a few of us to meet and compete. Here's a link to the entry form, check it out:
http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/king.pdf

I would love to do this. I'm not sure I got the PDF right, is it just one page?

I was hoping to do this and actually emailed the promoter about the events, but realistically, it might be tough. I've got a baby due on June 15th.

I would love to do this...What numbers do you think I should be hitting before entering? So as not to embarrass myself.

I would love to do this...What numbers do you think I should be hitting before entering? So as not to embarrass myself.

Don't worry about embarrassing yourself. The best way to find out where you're at is to jump right in. I've got a ton of strongman crap at my house in Plymouth if you decide you're interested in having a go at it.

Don't worry about embarrassing yourself. The best way to find out where you're at is to jump right in. I've got a ton of strongman crap at my house in Plymouth if you decide you're interested in having a go at it.

I would love to take you up on that offer.

Next weekend, I'll be in Chicago competing and I'll probably take the following weekend off from event work, but after that, I should be pretty open.

Sounds good, I have lawschool finals until May 2. Good luck in Chicago.

I would love to do this. I'm not sure I got the PDF right, is it just one page?

Yeah it's just the one page, as far as I can tell at least....

I'll be there, I won't be competing, but I'll be there. Hope to see some of you guys there as well.

So, what, I can't go cause I'm in Oregon? Bastard.

Yeah it's just the one page, as far as I can tell at least....

I'll be there, I won't be competing, but I'll be there. Hope to see some of you guys there as well.

In that case, will there be any more information available about the events, weight classes, etc? Are you in a position to answer these questions?

I can't tell you much about all the classes, but when I inquired about 231's, this is what I got:

Log press for reps: 200-225
Axel dead: 400
Tire flip: 650-700
Truck Pull w/ harness and rope: 12-15,000, lb 80 ft
Stones: 220-330 48"-54" platforms. Bonus stone wt 450lb at 36" for $50.00 to any one who can lift it.

I can't tell you much about all the classes, but when I inquired about 231's, this is what I got:

Log press for reps: 200-225
Axel dead: 400
Tire flip: 650-700
Truck Pull w/ harness and rope: 12-15,000, lb 80 ft
Stones: 220-330 48"-54" platforms. Bonus stone wt 450lb at 36" for $50.00 to any one who can lift it.

hmmm maybe worth the trip...

although never tried truck pull or stones, any my log press skills are limited at best

Back