Call of the Wild looks awful

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bruh this CGI dog looks terrible wtf....

Per Wikipedia "The movie was not shot on location, extensive use was made of CGI. Some of it was also shot on sets in Los Angeles and some exteriors in Santa Clarita, California."

How you gonna make a CALL OF THE WILD movie and use CGI dog and shoot it on a sound stage?

Fucking lazy hack filmmaking dude. This is why I watch primarily 60's and 70's movies....

Ford is such a grump he wants
Nothing to do with Star Wars or be apart of the films yet he makes this garbage. I don’t get it one bit. Must’ve paid him 20 mill for this trash

you know you can train REAL dogs. dogs exist they're not mystical creatures that can't be filmed without CGI

I didnt even need to click play to agree that movie looks absolutely horrible

I dont understand how cgi hasn't gotten better in 2020. We shouldn't be able to distinguish a real or cgi animal in movies today.

The eyes give it away.
38d44e4abbdd30f2b2df8a38520d3522.jpg

I dont understand how cgi hasn't gotten better in 2020. We shouldn't be able to distinguish a real or cgi animal in movies today.

Its sort of cognitively reassuring though. Cause when we get to the pt that they can just make cgi versions of living entities to the extent we can’t distinguish...some nefarious shit can go down.

The other side of the coin of what you’re saying is that the practical effects of yesteryear looked amazing and still hold up today.

look at movies like American Werewolf in London or Gremlins or the original Jurassic Park. The caliber of that work was extremely impressive. If you got the right team of effects guys involved, it was pretty amazing what could be pulled off well even before CGI.

that said CGI has changed the game. You could not have done the MCU without it. That’s for sure. And most of those movies look really good.

I saw the trailer for this with my son...When it finished we just turned, looked at each other and started laughing...

Some novels, though great, just won't translate well to film. This is one of them.

What the fuck? They took one of the greatest books ever, and turned it into this shit?

38d44e4abbdd30f2b2df8a38520d3522.jpg

It has got better. You seen Love, Death and Robots? That had some great CGI.

tumblr_poip741R1f1qgojgxo1_540.gifv

giphy.gif

img.jpg

Shit this is a better trailer and its (scare bleu) not too swift!
<{1-8}>

Never watched it.

Might check it out

It's about 20 short episodes of varying quality. Start with 'Beyond the Aquila Rift' if you decide to give it a go, then maybe 'The Secret War'.

Saw this trailer before the gentlemen the other night and it made me sad. I loved that book growing up but I won't be seeing this.

When you guys see movies that are as awful as this, do you ever wonder if everyone involved in the movie is aware at how shitty it is, yet they're just doing it for a paycheck? Or do you think a big percentage of them think they are creating real art and can't see how bad it looks since they're so vested in it?

Back