California Teacher Kicks Student Out Of Class For Wearing A NRA Shirt

No, but the teacher is trying to silence the opinion of these students with his own despite the fact they weren't in violation.

If it was against the school policy there is no reason the school wouldn't have backed the teacher, especially in the current anti-gun social climate.
I disagree completely with the second part. Look how big of a deal rightwingers are making out of this. It's much easier to apologize and move on, even if the teacher was within her rights.

if he had worn a clinton shirt she would've saluted him

I remember the DX 'suck it' shirts being an issue in the 90's.
Shit those shirts with 'West Side' and 'East Side' in Olde English lettering were an issue.

TLC concert shirts cause they had condoms pinned to their clothes in the iron image were an issue.

Wearing your clothes 'Totally Krossed Out' was a problem.

Lets not forget what would happen before Space Jam dropped and the looney tunes shirts that got a couple kids in trouble too...

Oh remember when LA Gear had more than one shoe lace in their shoes and that was suppose to be the end of the world?

I wonder if this one would be ok?

1285.jpg

Kid was wearing this one...

shirt_2.jpg

Apparently it wasn’t against the school dress code,

You’re vag is extra salty today.

I like it.

Actually...

The dress code states no clothing or jewelry depicting money ($), playing cards, dice, drugs, tobacco, weapons, gang themes, gangsta, hustler, chiefin' shirts (don't know what da fuck that is), alcohol, sexual contents, innuendo, or reference to any of the above, (and it goes on..).

The shirt in question was a flag using shell casings to depict the American flag along above the words National Rifle Association.

Not sure about you but that's plenty of innuendos and references to weapons. Like many others I've seen kids in my school having to flip their shirt upside down for various reasons (Stone Cold Steve Austin 3:16) was a popular one back in the day. To me this is nothing. If someone can get kicked out of school for a 3:16 shirt, they can get kicked out for a shirt with shell casings...

Only time I recall a problem was wearing my Accused shirt back in high school. The religious-nut teacher took offense when he notices on the back it said "Martha Fuckin' Splatterhead". I think I put on my smelly gym shirt. Can't find the actual shirt, so here's this.

IMG_9374.JPG

Hell yea

georgedesk800.jpg

I got kicked out of the Detroit zoo for this one

Actually...

The dress code states no clothing or jewelry depicting money ($), playing cards, dice, drugs, tobacco, weapons, gang themes, gangsta, hustler, chiefin' shirts (don't know what da fuck that is), alcohol, sexual contents, innuendo, or reference to any of the above, (and it goes on..).

The shirt in question was a flag using shell casings to depict the American flag along above the words National Rifle Association.

Not sure about you but that's plenty of innuendos and references to weapons. Like many others I've seen kids in my school having to flip their shirt upside down for various reasons (Stone Cold Steve Austin 3:16) was a popular one back in the day. To me this is nothing. If someone can get kicked out of school for a 3:16 shirt, they can get kicked out for a shirt with shell casings...
Like I said, if it’s against school policy, I don’t mind it, but it sounded like the teacher just didn’t like it.

This is the thing. If it isn't against their dress code policy, and the teacher was just pulling a political stunt, then yeah, better say something to the teacher.

I'm surprised those kinds of shirts are allowed TBH. Our school was filled with sarcastic phrases, polo and band t-shirts, because that's about all we could wear.

Yeah I don't think they should be allowed either.

Not in high school. College, sure.

Actually...

Exactly.

Like I said, it's easier to just apologize and move on.

I didnt realize it was apparently within school policy
But looking at the political leanings of teachers and professors in general, its probably prudent not to test it. Just wear it on the wknd....

On principal, yes thats a weak move, but exponentially more likely to quell any issue before it arises IMO.

Maybe im just a bit of a bootlicker, my bad

Back