California Teacher Kicks Student Out Of Class For Wearing A NRA Shirt

I don't think it's unreasonable for there not to be any shirts with political messages in a high school class room.

NRA is clearly a political organization.

That's exactly what teachers are doing here. They're trying to keep politics out of the class room and focus on the curriculum.
I didn’t read the article but so heard about this on the radio this morning. It sounded like the teacher told them they had to take the shirts off because they were pro-gun and the teacher was anti-gun and that the teacher preached to them about how guns were dangerous.

If it’s against school policy to wear these types of shirts, then the teacher was justified in telling the guys to remove them, but if it was just because the teacher was anti-gun, it’s bullshit.

I think it's a bit pathetic and disingenuous to try and compare those two beliefs as equal.

Stone Cold is way more badass and appropriate for school than Jesus <3>

My MS education included watching South Park, all the time in science class.

I got kicked out of class once for wearing an Austin 3:16 shirt when I was in middle school. The teach told me the shirt was inappropriate because it had a skull on it. I told them her cross necklace was in appropriate. Still had to turn my shirt inside out, while she got to keep wearing her necklace.:mad:

I had that happen because of a mephiskapheles t shirt

It was super awesome to see my mom storm the school and Rant about religious freedom and my idiot kid can wear a satanic ska band shirt or I want everyone else in this school with religious symbols down here to have it explained to them why they cant wear them as well

I got sent back to class with my shirt still on and rightside out

My mom fuckin rocked and always defended my rights to be a little punk rock kid if I was in the right and did not allow moron grown ups to try to impose their values on me and the world was a better place when she was still in it

I'm not upset about the T-shirt. I don't give a rat's ass. I care that rightwing victim culture is trying to turn this into a story. The only reason this is a news item is because of the perpetual victim campaign being run by the rightwing in America.

Being dismissive of that complaint means nothing in relation to the shirt itself. I'm saying, "fuck those people" for acting like this is a big deal. It's not a big deal, and it shouldn't even be a news story.
But it is a story if the teacher is forcing his political views on the boys. If that type of clothing is against school policy, I have no problem with what happened. But if it was just some liberal teacher lashing out, that is a problem.

https://goo.gl/images/CPSqi5
CPSqi5

I got kicked out of 4th grade one day for wearing a shirt that said "science never sucks"

Then in middle school after Columbine I wasn't allowed to wear shirts with skulls on them, any violent images, or something offensive. So basically teachers discretion, I had to turn my shirt inside out a lot.
So I sympathize with these kids but their parents should know this isn't the time to pick that battle.
Also I love the complaints about libs and hypocritical they are . Well the people in my stories were definitely not libs and it's been conservatives my whole life pushing for stricter dress codes but, now we get to hear how they cry foul, well you reap what you sow.

Good, those stupid little shits can fuck off.

You can't wear anything you want to school. Kids get asked to remove shirts of a various nature all the time. Fuck those kids, fuck their parents, and fuck the NRA.

Don't forget to say fuck the Constitution too. Both the 2nd and the 1st in this case.

I care that rightwing victim culture is trying to turn this into a story. The only reason this is a news item is because of the perpetual victim campaign being run by the rightwing in America.

It's a news item because of the actions of the anti-American teacher who takes offense to someone silently celebrating their Constitutional right. And don't look now, but the left is thriving off victimhood. So don't pretend that's something that necessarily bothers you.

Last edited:
But it is a story if the teacher is forcing his political views on the boys. If that type of clothing is against school policy, I have no problem with what happened. But if it was just some liberal teacher lashing out, that is a problem.
Forcing them on the students how? Are they required to hate guns now?

A California high school teacher lectured two students Monday for wearing T-shirts advertising the National Rifle Association, sending one of them to the principal's office, according to a report from CBS Sacramento.

The mother of one of the students said the teacher approached the two students wearing the NRA T-shirts, including her 15-year-old daughter, and started lecturing them on the perceived danger of guns, according to CBS Sacramento.

The teacher then sent another student to the principal’s office for refusing to take off the NRA shirt, the mother added, according to the TV network.

“I think he’s there to teach. I don’t think he’s there to discuss his personal beliefs,” the mother told CBS.

One of the T-Shirts had an NRA logo in the front as well as in the back, and also had pictures of shell casings outlined in an American Flag, CBS reported.

The NRA tweeted out a link to the CBS Sacramento story, saying “YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK: Two #California teenagers were harassed by their anti-#gun history teacher last week. How would you handle the situation if this were your child’s school? #NRA #2A #DefendtheSecond”

The Lodi Unified School District put out a statement after the incident saying it reviewed the incident and determined the shirt did not violate its dress code policy, according to CBS. The school district also said it plans to review its dress code policies with its staff to avoid similar instances in the future.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/400875-teen-kicked-out-of-class-for-wearing-nra-shirt

My youngest will be a junior in high school year . . . her school regularly sends out dress code emails about changes, what's acceptable, what's not, etc.

The way their policy is written a teacher could write up a kid for wearing something they see as promoting something dangerous.

Here's the paragraph about some of the prohibited clothing:

Apparel or accessories with offensive or suggestive slogans, logos, symbols, or images that pertain to immorality, vulgarity, obscenity, nudity, promotion of violence and/or gang or cult activity, or that advertises or promotes dangerous weapons, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, illegal chemical substances, drug-related items, drug paraphernalia or other items or activities that are illegal for the general population or for minors.

I wouldn't put it past one of her teachers writing up a kid wearing an NRA shirt by saying they were promoting dangerous weapons . . .

I didn’t read the article but so heard about this on the radio this morning. It sounded like the teacher told them they had to take the shirts off because they were pro-gun and the teacher was anti-gun and that the teacher preached to them about how guns were dangerous.

If it’s against school policy to wear these types of shirts, then the teacher was justified in telling the guys to remove them, but if it was just because the teacher was anti-gun, it’s bullshit.

I agree with this too, and I read the rest of the article and the school said it's not against their policy.

Teacher gets a slap on the wrist. End of story.

I wonder if say wearing a Che Guevara shirt is banned?

who wants to bet that in fact, it is not?
what about a Soviet era Hammer and Sickle?

lol I actually wore a Che Guevara shirt back in the 90s in high school also had Malcom X and marcus Garvey shirts never got kicked out for it or told to remove them.

The one thing we couldn't wear was hats, the only hat we were allowed was the School hat so we could wear a baseball hat only if it had the school logo on it, but other stuff like a lakers, dodgers hat nope it was forbidden.

Don't forget to say fuck the Constitution to. Both the 2nd and the 1st in this case.

It's a news item because of the actions of the anti-American teacher who takes offense to someone silently celebrating their Constitutional right. And don't look now, but the left is thriving off victimhood. So don't pretend that's something that necessarily bothers you.
Cram it up your ass. Some kids in high school having to abide by a dress code doesn't impact the 1st and 2nd amendments at all.

You're just another hysterical conservative snowflake.

He did it because he wanted to champion his personal beliefs simple as that. He probably just chose kids to pick on because he knows if he went up to any self respecting male wearing a nra shirt outside of school and told him to turn it inside out cause he was offended, his pencil neck would probably get snapped.

Good, those stupid little shits can fuck off.

You can't wear anything you want to school. Kids get asked to remove shirts of a various nature all the time. Fuck those kids, fuck their parents, and fuck the NRA.

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us how you really feel:)

Cram it up your ass. Some kids in high school having to abide by a dress code doesn't impact the 1st and 2nd amendments at all.

It wasn't against the dress code though just against the teacher's beliefs, that's why the school sided with the kids.

This. Unless it's blatantly racist or sexist, the teacher can only demand a student remove a t-shirt if it's against school rules. The fact the teacher disagrees with the message on the shirt isn't a legitimate reason to demand it's removal.

It wasn't against the dress code though just against the teacher's beliefs, that's why the school sided with the kids.
I would need to see the dress code myself to see if that's true. The school district may just want this to go away. Teachers usually have pretty wide latitude on that kind of thing.

Do you always lash out and use insults when people have opposing perspectives to your own?

Btw stop using snowflake, find a new word perhaps, offended college safe space residents who were misgendered have a trademark on the word snowflake.

Only time I recall a problem was wearing my Accused shirt back in high school. The religious-nut teacher took offense when he notices on the back it said "Martha Fuckin' Splatterhead". I think I put on my smelly gym shirt. Can't find the actual shirt, so here's this.

IMG_9374.JPG

Back