California Considering 'Muslim Appreciation Month'

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Muslim Appreciation MonthThe California State Assembly is to consider a bill Monday declaring August “Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month,” in accordance with a resolution proposed by Assemblyman Bill Quirk (D-Hayward), and supported by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

The resolution declares, “The history of Islam in this country dates back to before its founding,” referring to slaves with Muslim beliefs — though, curiously, it avoids mentioning the slave trade in the Islamic world. The resolution also says that Muslims have been “fighting and sacrificing in every major war from the American Revolutionary War to present-day conflicts” — but it fails to mention the Barbary Wars, which were fought against Muslim potentates who kidnapped Americans for ransom, nor does it mention the radical Muslims who launched the War on Terror. The bill is also silent about recent Islamic terror carried out in California itself, such as the attack in San Bernardino, which claimed 22 innocent lives.

Instead, the resolution complains of “harassment, assault, and discrimination” that Muslim-Americans have been “forced to endure” since 9/11. It makes no mention of harassment, assault and discrimination by Muslims against others — such as the Muslims who jeered “Allahu Akbar” at Jewish students at the University of California Davis last year, or those who have driven a wave of antisemitic discrimination throughout the California university system as part of an anti-Israel campaign.

The bill has not yet passed, but Quirk and CAIR are seizing the moment to promote it, capitalizing on an ongoing controversy between Republican nominee Donald Trump and the parents of Capt. Humayun Khan, who are Hillary Clinton supporters and who spoke at the Democratic National Convention against Trump.

“I am proud to celebrate the first ever Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month by honoring generations of Muslim Americans for their many social, cultural, and economic contributions to California,” said Quirk in a CAIR press release.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/08/01/muslim-california-proclaim-august-appreciation-month/

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Well Muslims are more devout and honest that your average American Christian. I'd imagine that goes double in California (minus the heavily westernized Rich muslim kids in LA area).

Tolerate them no need to celebrate

Well Muslims are more devout and honest that your average American Christian. I'd imagine that goes double in California (minus the heavily westernized Rich muslim kids in LA area).
If they were as devout as you claim, your head would be laying next to you right now.

Hate on them all u want but i love that California gives a big ole "fuck u" to all the racists out there

If they were as devout as you claim, your head would be laying next to you right now.

They are more moral that much is for sure. Muslims have also contributed greatly to America. Muslims built the fabric of our nation.

Washington may have been Muslim.

Hate on them all u want but i love that California gives a big ole "fuck u" to all the racists out there

Muslim isn't a race. Get an education

Last edited by a moderator:
should be a whole season

Everyday is celebrate Mexico day why not a month for islam.

It kind of reminds me of how Japanese people love the US even though they've never met an American, can't speak English properly and don't have a single clue on what America is like beyond stereotypes.

Muslims are 1% of the US population. Californians don't understand what Islam is.

Back