Cain will hold on to the belt for a while

ermac88

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Last night Cain looked like a complete beast.
I cant see anyone at HW beating him at the moment.

I like Overeem; but with Cains aggression, wrestling, relentlessness, chin and super human cardio I dont see Reem or anyone taking his belt for a while.

Cain was aggressive but looked pretty sloppy standing up, and couldnt seem to hold JDS down. I think Cain will hold his belt until he is matched up with Reem, or someone like Cormier or Barnett. JDS and Werdum might pose some trouble for him aswell

I honestly had to check and see if this was bumped from 2010.

no he wont He's just keeping it warm for Overeem or Werdum

Cain was aggressive but looked pretty sloppy standing up, and couldnt seem to hold JDS down. I think Cain will hold his belt until he is matched up with Reem, or someone like Cormier or Barnett. JDS and Werdum might pose some trouble for him aswell

You're right Cain's standup didnt looks super crisp, but I dont think anyone at HW has sharp striking, JDS perhaps being the best and Cain trumped him. Also no one has held JDS down, I think hes only been on his back something like 20 seconds in his entire career prior to that, that was definitely the longest.

I dont think Cain and Cormier will fight each other and Ive seen nothing from Werdum to indicate a threat to Cain.

Is Barnett returning to the UFC?

he will hold hte belt until our lord and saviour Alistar Overeem comes in and swoops it with 2 knock outs in 30 seconds in 2 fights.

Cain will hold that belt and lost it on his first defense to Overeem.

You're right Cain's standup didnt looks super crisp, but I dont think anyone at HW has sharp striking, JDS perhaps being the best and Cain trumped him. Also no one has held JDS down, I think hes only been on his back something like 20 seconds in his entire career prior to that, that was definitely the longest.

I dont think Cain and Cormier will fight each other and Ive seen nothing from Werdum to indicate a threat to Cain.

Is Barnett returning to the UFC?

I doubt barnett returns. you are most likely right about cormier and cain not fighting. I think Werdum with his aoki like tactics is extremely tough to beat., I onyl see the time limit defeating him. even against overeem he was doing better as the fight progressed. I think Werdum underestimated JDS and paid for it, and his stock has not risen because people can't seem to look past some of his past defeats. IMO he has been VERY impressive since then.

C'mon man, he was fighting Junior. There is probably not a single man alive that can dispose of JDS and do it perfectly. He's tough as hell! And considering how the first fight went I think Cain looked phenomenal.

Cain would beat the living shit out of Barnett. Werdum is hardly a threat (he's a lesser Big Nog if you ask me), Reem would gas out and die.

Cormier is a different story. He has the potential to beat anyone at HW with his amazing wrestling and KO power but Cain doesn't want to fight him.

JDS and Cormier are the biggest challenges. Anyone else is just a heavy bag for Cain. I'm surprised people STILL don't give Cain the credit he deserves.

Cain is the Baddest Man on the Planet?

1.gif

C'mon man, he was fighting Junior. There is probably not a single man alive that can dispose of JDS and do it perfectly. He's tough as hell! And considering how the first fight went I think Cain looked phenomenal.

Cain would beat the living shit out of Barnett. Werdum is hardly a threat (he's a lesser Big Nog if you ask me), Reem would gas out and die.

Cormier is a different story. He has the potential to beat anyone at HW with his amazing wrestling and KO power but Cain doesn't want to fight him.

JDS and Cormier are the biggest challenges. Anyone else is just a heavy bag for Cain. I'm surprised people STILL don't give Cain the credit he deserves.

Cain can get KOed, Cain did gas pretty early in the fight but luckily he got JDS well out his game, Cain has been dropped on more than a few occasions, his TDs were not great and poorly set up when JDS wasn't gassed and hurting. Let's not start the "he's unbeatable" talk again. Plus Werdum is a different kind of threat than most fighters (not just HW) right now with his improved striking and great bjj so we don't know how that would go with Cain.

What makes people think that Post-Roid Reem is going to dominate the division?

Cain can get KOed, Cain did gas pretty early in the fight but luckily he got JDS well out his game, Cain has been dropped on more than a few occasions, his TDs were not great and poorly set up when JDS wasn't gassed and hurting. Let's not start the "he's unbeatable" talk again. Plus Werdum is a different kind of threat than most fighters (not just HW) right now with his improved striking and great bjj so we don't know how that would go with Cain.

I think JDS is beast as well, I could be wrong I think those two are in an echelon slightly above the rest of the HW division.
That said, yeah Cain didnt looks superhuman against JDS, but he looked great and determined against a guy who I still think is one of the most dangerous at HW.

It really seemed to me Cain got "caught slipping" in their first encounter.

Back