Cain VS JDS = Cain VS Lesnar

OnePunchMan

ワンパンマン
Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is to say, when Cain fought Lesnar, a lot of people were saying that Brock would use his superior wrestling to take down Cain and ground and pound him until a TKO.

In the fight however, we saw that someone with amazing TDD and high-level striking was far too much for someone with a grappling-centric approach to handle.

Now that Cain is fighting JDS people are using the same arguments that were used against him against Lesnar, but instead as justification for him winning...

I know the comparison isn't perfect, because Cain is a far better striker than Brock ever was, but I think that its still an apt one.

I don't think Cain is going to be able to take down JDS and if he is forced to trade with him it will end in JDS's favor eight times out of ten at least.

16bd652.gif

Cain stopped one takedown from Cain. JDS is rightfully the favorite but let's not act like he's shown amazing takedown defense against a bunch of top wrestlers.

Cain stopped one takedown from Cain. JDS is rightfully the favorite but let's not act like he's shown amazing takedown defense against a bunch of top wrestlers.

Hey at least he stopped it. Cain got taken down by Brock. Could've been stuck there if Brock hadn't gotten overzealous in getting better positioning.

Not to be a dick TS, but is it really worth putting that quote in your sig? I mean how many people truly believed Vera would beat Shogun (I picked Vera to win though LOL but only because I've been a Vera fan for a long time and hope he would stop underachieving, didn't think he would actually win though). I'm pretty sure Vera was a huge underdog.

On topic, I hope JDS wins and think he will. However if he throws a kick to the body like that and Cain catches it again, I think Cain will take him down.

Not to be a dick TS, but is it really worth putting that quote in your sig? I mean how many people truly believed Vera would beat Shogun (I picked Vera to win though LOL but only because I've been a Vera fan for a long time and hope he would stop underachieving, didn't think he would actually win though). I'm pretty sure Vera was a huge underdog.

On topic, I hope JDS wins and think he will. However if he throws a kick to the body like that and Cain catches it again, I think Cain will take him down.

The only reason its in my sig is because i literally lol'd for like a minute when i read it. Im fairly certain he was trolling, but just the absurdity of it cracked me up. Shoguns head is like a block of granite and Hendo hit him with some fucking bombs.

I think it depends on how much you believe about Cain's alleged injury going into the first fight. What we know about their first match is that Cain was caught, and JDS hit's like a truck and has great killer instinct. What we don't know is, was Cain's ACL really injured, and how much impact did that have on the efficacy of his one TD attempt.

I think JDS is the rightful favourite, but I'd love a Cain win, just to set up a good rivalry and a rubber match. At the least I'm hoping Cain does enough to make this fight competitive.

And I just realised my post is not entirely relevant to the thread. I get your point TS. It all hinges on Cain's ability to execute the TD and JDS' TDD. I think you are right, JDS win at least 8/10 if the fight stays standing, but I think more like 9.5/10 - his standup style is well suited to dealing with Cain, his chin seems pretty indestructible and he has great power, which he has demonstrated many times.

Cain got caught early. That's all there is too it. Not taking anything away from jds he completely earned that belt. I think this time around tho Cain is gonna be relentless and put jds on his back and split him open with gnp.
I got Cain via 2nd round tko

Cain got caught early. That's all there is too it. Not taking anything away from jds he completely earned that belt. I think this time around tho Cain is gonna be relentless and put jds on his back and split him open with gnp.
I got Cain via 2nd round tko

A possibility, but I just don't see JDS being held down long enough for that to happen.

cain is in danger as soon as the bell rings but i'll be rooting for him. his chin won't go past the first round. it's such a wash in my eye that i might not even watch it. i already saw it when it was on fox. i do, however, think cain is much more well-rounded fighter. it's just a bad match for cain.

i'd rather see cain vs werdum and jds vs overeem. so maybe i should be rooting for jds?

And to this day it is the most amazing self knockout in MMA history.

Nah Maynard holds that record....
I don't think Cain gets caught early this time but unless he can drag it to ground he's in trouble

Lesnar managed to get Cain down but Cain's wrestling was good enough that he was able to get back up and up again instantly once taken off his feet a 2nd time.

Cain never actually managed to grab anything but JDS's foot. So we don't know what will happen if they clinch. We don't know if JDS can get back up if he's taken down.

So in other words, Brock actually got a chance to use his wrestling against Cain and it wasn't good enough, Cain never really got a chance to use his wrestling against JDS. It was 99% striking minus cain grabbing his foot for barely a second.

What will really answer a lot of questions for me, is if Cain does what Frank Mir did. At the beginning of round 1, Frank Mir walked across the cage, grabbed a single leg, pushed JDS against the fence and then tried his best to finish the takedown.

If Cain actually grabs JDS like that and JDS gets out of it. That's huge.

but really the comparison between brock is just not valid.

Back