Cain vs Carwin

It's more plausible if Cain loses his title than Carwin getting a title shot I guess.

2 - 3 years ago it seemed this fight was inevitable... Now, I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

I would love to see it but doubt that we will. Carwin has had a bad run with injuries. Even when he is healthy enough to have his next fight he will have to get a few wins in to get a title shot. With his luck he could possibly be injured again before that happens.

i think one or two wins is enough for a shot these days. They're just not enough quality fighters to go around.

You got what.

Cain
JDS
Reem
Werdum
Maybe Cormier (depends if he fights HW or LHW)

After that it falls.

After fighting Brock it was that the goliath Carwin never was the same. He got ALOT smaller and was never the force that he was before. He was a shell of his former self after fighting Brock and has is not the same.

With that said Cain via domination over Carwin as he is just too slow and uncoordinated and doesnt even have his big power any more.

After fighting Brock it was that the goliath Carwin never was the same. He got ALOT smaller and was never the force that he was before. He was a shell of his former self after fighting Brock.

he had one fight after Brock.

i doubt will ever see this happen but i think cain would take this one by decision or even TKO

Carwin is getting old, I'm not sure if he can fight his way to a title shot.

But Cain will have the wrestling advantage and obviously cardio.

Cain would pressure him with takedowns and finish him later in the fight.

I would like to see this fight too, I don't think it will happen though

This fight was supposed to happen a few years ago, then they bumped Carwin up to fight Lesnar instead, then Lesnar got sick and Carwin fought Mir for the interim belt. Would have been great then - 2 undefeated top contenders. Now, Carwin has to win a handful of fights to be anywhere near contention.

It was alot more interesting a few years ago! I love you signature bro! Jesus Christ can most definitely hit a curve ball!

I hope we get to see this someday, I know people will jump on me and say Carwin has no chance but he has the wrestling to counter Cain's and really heavy hands...

Would love this with a healthy 6'5 Big Shane!

seriously dude . shane carwin ????? the guy is getting close to 40 . last time won the fight - 3 years ago. 0 out of his last 2 fights. last time fought - 1.5 years ago and counting. no cardio. injury after injury . feel bad for carwin but the guy is done.

Carwin has horrible muscle endurance, and fades after round 1 probably more than any other fighter.

It's just all that muscle he's got; his cardiovascular system is so taxed moving all that shit around.

Does anyone take Carwin seriously or than Neil Waim?

I mean dude isn't a striker (he's a single puncher) and doesn't the endurance to be a wrassler.

I mean dude isn't a striker (he's a single puncher) and doesn't the endurance to be a wrassler.

He'd likely beat Bigfoot or Big Nog out of the top 10, he's already beat Mir and would have a good shot to beat Roy and maybe even Werdum as well. How can you not take (a healthy) Carwin seriously?

All depends on Carwin's conditioning. Cain's going to have a noticeable speed advantage no matter what but if he decides (or is forced) to exchange for prolonged periods, chances are he'll get caught with something big and he doesn't have JDS' chin. Of course if Shane brings 1 round of cardio to that fight he's pretty much SOL.

Silver Belt, everyone. Silver belt.^

Back