Cain vs Carwin

I'd like to see Cain vs Shane Carwin, but I don't think Carwin will defeat enough top HW's in a row to get the title shot aside from maybe as late injury replacement. I think these two were supposed to face each other years ago. It's like two first round draft picks from the same draft class where one turns into MVP and the other one's career isn't so good.

I think Carwin should have to beat Roy Nelson before consideration for title shot.

Shoulda happened had there been a different ref in the Lesnar fight.

Then you would have seen big Carwin 260+ vs Cain

I hope we get to see this someday, I know people will jump on me and say Carwin has no chance but he has the wrestling to counter Cain's and really heavy hands...

Would love this with a healthy 6'5 Big Shane!

i was thinking the same thing today when i woke up

bad matchup for cain

Pre UFC 116 Carwin vs Cain would have been great

Now though hmmm i don't know

Carwin has the skills to win he just doesn't have the gas tank.

I'd like to see Cain vs Shane Carwin, but I don't think Carwin will defeat enough top HW's in a row to get the title shot aside from maybe as late injury replacement. I think these two were supposed to face each other years ago. It's like two first round draft picks from the same draft class where one turns into MVP and the other one's career isn't so good.

I think Carwin should have to beat Roy Nelson before consideration for title shot.

He lost to JDS and brain farted a fight away against Brock where he was clearly superior. That's a little dramatic. With the long layoff, he'll need to notch someone like Werdum, Bigfoot, or Reem to be in consideration and there will be a warm-up fight between now and then.

i thought carwin was in an iron lung or a plastic bubble

cain could pull the plug and carwin would die, no fight whatsoever

if shane wins two and thus gets his confidence back, he could KO cain with a fadeaway jab, like he can everyone else

Carwin's days are numbered at best. His back is damn near shot if not already shot. Shot of an overhand right in the 1st 2 minutes, he's got nothing for Cain these days.

It wouldn't be so unrealistic if not for Carwin's health. It won't shock me if Carwin never fights again.

Carwin hasn't done anything in years. In fact he never did anything except beat Mir who always loses to people who are willing to pound him out. I said he was overhyped back then and I still say it now.

It's a fight that I would love to see but I don't think that we will ever see it.

Carwin is done, I'm sad to say. I hope he made a lot of money in the Lesnar fight and invested it well, I doubt any more big MMA paychecks are coming his way. At least Carwin is a qualified Engineer, he wont be going hungry even without MMA.

Cain would dominate Carwin. Before it could have been competitive while it lasted but now Cain would win easily.

Back