Cain Velasquez Vs Francis NGannou - Who You Got?

I don't know. This makes me think of the Cheick Kongo fight. Cain will probably at some point get tagged. If he can't recover, it'll probably end like Cain/JDS 1, but if he's able to take some shots and still be standing, I see Cain grinding it out like he almost always does.

This doesn’t last 2 minutes imo
Francis by very quick and very brutal death

I see Francis putting Cain on skates by the end of the 1st round en route to a 2nd round to

Cain could win if he has something left.
Francis still has bad TDD, but obvious power.
Hard to pick it. I will go with Francis by TKO in round 1 or 2. But he could get wrestle fucked..

If Cain has anything left after all these years he should embrace the grind on Francis and break him, given the extent of the layoff and the fact that Francis hits like a truck I can see Francis knocking Cain out.

Having said that I have faith in Cain to embrace the grind.

My question with Cain, is how hard can he train anymore? He is likely at that point that he had to back way off everything to even get through a fight camp. So that pace and grind may not be the same.

Cain is my choice but who knows what we will see of him.

I don't know. This makes me think of the Cheick Kongo fight. Cain will probably at some point get tagged. If he can't recover, it'll probably end like Cain/JDS 1, but if he's able to take some shots and still be standing, I see Cain grinding it out like he almost always does.
Do you have a selective memory? You think it'll go down like the 1 min from the first JDS fight and don't even consider the possibility of it looking like the next 2 fights? 9 and a half rounds is a much bigger sample size than 1 minute. JDS is a far better striker and has much better tdd than the unproven Ngannou. Unless Cain shows up looking like modern day Chuck Liddell, he wins this easy.

I think it goes either of 2 ways - 1st or 2nd round ko by Ngannou or absolute domination by Cain with a tko on the ground. If I have to choose i'd say Cain

Ngannou. I don't expect Cain to return in good shape

Hmh big ass X factor with Cain.

If anything close to old form easy win. The fact that they stopped putting any pictures on the social platforms for a few good days also give me unrest.

Do you have a selective memory? You think it'll go down like the 1 min from the first JDS fight and don't even consider the possibility of it looking like the next 2 fights? 9 and a half rounds is a much bigger sample size than 1 minute. JDS is a far better striker and has much better tdd than the unproven Ngannou. Unless Cain shows up looking like modern day Chuck Liddell, he wins this easy.

Initially I thought too that it's easy win for Cain, but like everyone has said, the dude is 36 years old, but probably has the body of a 46 year old. He's fought just twice in 5 years.

Would not surprise me if Cain figured that he wanted one more paycheck and is not even healthy. He then shows up, does the best he can with his broken body and retires after getting KO'd and says that his mind is there but the body can't respond.

I'll believe this fight is happening when I see Cain walking to the cage.

In that case Ngannou by KO.

Cain didnt fight HW's like this back in his day, could be a short night

Despite his injuries I really half expect this to look like Cain-Rothwell.

Back