Cain Velasquez Vs Francis NGannou - Who You Got?

Rooting for Ngannou but Cain go this.
probably not watching it, my heart can't take seeing ngannou drown again.

tenor.gif

If Stipe could hold Francis down easily and Derrick Lewis was able to decision him I don't see why Cain can't beat him

That being said, if Francis connects with one of those haymakers from left field Cain is going down like he did @ UFC on Fox 1

It all comes down to Cain's health. Cain fought JDS 3 times and the 1 time he loss, he didnt have any mobility because of injury (JDS was also injured). That was the scary version of JDS. Ngannu's name is hot, but he doesn't have anything that Cain hasn't seen. In fact JDS was probably a tougher match up because of his excellent TDD and ability to get back to his feet. If Cain gets Francis down, I don't think he's going to just hang on and breath heavily like Stipe. This should be a very familiar training camp for Cain.

Edit: that jab at Stipe was completely unnecessary, I can't help myself. I have a feeling Stipe vs Cain might happen if he wins.
Lol, it's all good.

I think people thought because of how easy Stipe made it look that it was easy. It wasn't. He had to bait Ngannou into getting off balance early as well as punch him up and get him thinking in order to land those TDs. Stipe also took a little punishment.

I'm just not sold on Cain at this point, no one should be. In his prime I'd be much happier taking him.

Now? Francis might even get some of my money in this fight

I put 48 on cain to win 25. He has way more ways to win the fight but there is definitely a legit chance that ngannou kos him.

Cain has the skill to win but at this point its all about his physical attributes, He hasn't fought in 2 years, looked terrible vs Werdum and has clearly had some injuries. I got Ngannou by TKO

Ranked by chance:
1. Injury, Fight off
2. Old Cain
3. Ngannou
4. Rusty Cain
IMHO *shrug*

Cain wouldn't request this fight if he wasn't 100%.

Cain by late stoppage.

Won't be surprised by anything, but I lean Francis here

People forget that the only time Francis really lost a fight (not counting Lewis) was to stipe. Stipe had to utilize some real striking skill and movement on the feet to get that done.

I'm not even sure Cain had those tools in his prime.

Dos Santos had footwork equal to Stipe I think.

Francis may not engage (ala Black Beast) But Cain will not be deterred by that. Cain can get him up against the cage easily enough... Francis is not even skilled enough to run as far as footwork goes.

Cain getting lazy and being cracked is the only chance he has to loose.

I agree with uncle Chael here.

Cain is a stubborn man, his willingness to box more than it's absolutely necessary might cost him dearly this time.

I'd prolly take into consideration how sloppy and amateurish Mugambo is rather than how good Cain might still be.

Thought Francis at first but I've changed my mind to Cain

This is an extremely tough fight to call.

If the old Cain shows up, Ngannou is toast, but my god Ngannou hits like a ton of bricks and that’s how hard Cain will fall if he gets tagged.

However, if I had to pick, I am a huge Cain fan and I would love to see him win, but I am going with Ngannou by TKO in the 1st.

cains had more back surgeries than fights in the last 6 years, and he's never been amazing at head movement like stipe is. i think cains head is going to be taken clean off his shoulders. <mma2>ngannou isn't a joke people

i could be wrong though he could easily grapple ngannou for 25 minutes. whatever happens in hindsight it's going to seem obvious

I guess know one is saying it.
Cain by GnP tko in 3rd round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back