Cain Velasquez Vs Francis NGannou - Who You Got?

Cain is going to wear him out and then rough him up in the later rounds. Unanimous decision. 49-45.

If Cain is anything like his former prime, he beats the hell out of Francis. However, for the sake of the division, I don't want to see that happen and will be rooting for a KO by Frank in the 1st or 2nd.

Won't be surprised by anything, but I lean Francis here

People forget that the only time Francis really lost a fight (not counting Lewis) was to stipe. Stipe had to utilize some real striking skill and movement on the feet to get that done.

I'm not even sure Cain had those tools in his prime.
It all comes down to Cain's health. Cain fought JDS 3 times and the 1 time he loss, he didnt have any mobility because of injury (JDS was also injured). That was the scary version of JDS. Ngannu's name is hot, but he doesn't have anything that Cain hasn't seen. In fact JDS was probably a tougher match up because of his excellent TDD and ability to get back to his feet. If Cain gets Francis down, I don't think he's going to just hang on and breath heavily like Stipe. This should be a very familiar training camp for Cain.

Edit: that jab at Stipe was completely unnecessary, I can't help myself. I have a feeling Stipe vs Cain might happen if he wins.

Initially I thought too that it's easy win for Cain, but like everyone has said, the dude is 36 years old, but probably has the body of a 46 year old. He's fought just twice in 5 years.

Would not surprise me if Cain figured that he wanted one more paycheck and is not even healthy. He then shows up, does the best he can with his broken body and retires after getting KO'd and says that his mind is there but the body can't respond.
And that could completely be the case but Cain's style match-up and previous success can't be ignored. If he is even half the fighter he was, he should win easily but that is definitely a question mark right now

Do you have a selective memory? You think it'll go down like the 1 min from the first JDS fight and don't even consider the possibility of it looking like the next 2 fights? 9 and a half rounds is a much bigger sample size than 1 minute. JDS is a far better striker and has much better tdd than the unproven Ngannou. Unless Cain shows up looking like modern day Chuck Liddell, he wins this easy.

At times, Cain gets reckless when trying to close the distance. If Francis can catch him in one such misstep, he might knock him out. He can also catch him early on like Junior did in their first fight, but I doubt Cain will hang too long in a position where such a thing might be possible.

It should be a good fight.

Cain wins if he gets to the octagon. Lands takedown in first two minutes and tkos Ngannou in first round.

This isn't Cain of a few years ago, he's older and been inactive and his last two performances showed he's slowing down and can't keep his pace of old, I suppose you could blame altitude for one but even in the Travis fight he didn't look the same. Imo injuries have got to him and unless he's had an unbelievable camp I can see him being on the end of a nasty strike or two.
A few years ago I'd have said this would be a repeat of the Miocic smothering and gassing Ngannou, I just don't thing Cain has the same cardio to maintain that pressure though. I suppose we will see.

Its a tough call due to the fact that Cain has been gone for so long. If he shows up like Cain of old, I'd expect him to take it to the ground and grind Francis out with ease.

At times, Cain gets reckless when trying to close the distance. If Francis can catch him in one such misstep, he might knock him out. He can also catch him early on like Junior did in their first fight, but I doubt Cain will hang too long in a position where such a thing might be possible.

It should be a good fight.

It's a freaky fight to take for almost 3 years inactivity and injuries. What the heck is up with that management team of his.

This could have been really mitigated by having this fight as the second fight not go in this cold .. big ass risk, the dude is athletic, big, long, strong if you screw around he just may clip you and you have no idea if you are good to go like in the past.

Should have went for another mark like Volkov or something that you can make a mistake and not end up with the light of the doctor in your face.

Hope he moves well enough and is smart enough in his approach it will be very disappointing to come back after such a long time and experience defeat.

Last edited:
It's a freaky fight to take for almost 3 years inactivity and injuries. What the heck is up with that management team of his.

This could have been really mitigated by having this fight as the second fight not go in this cold big ass risks, the dude is athletic, big, long, strong if you screw around he just might clip you and you have no idea if you are good to go like in the past.

Should have went for another mark like Volkov or something that you can make a mistake and not end up with the light of the doctor in your face.

Hope he moves well enough and is smart enough in his approach it will be very disappointing to come back after such a long time and experience defeat.

I've got this feeling that Cain is going to turn into one of those guys who fall in love with their newfound power and consequently abandon their original fighting base.

I hope I am wrong, though. His stand up shouldn't become his primary weapon, it should complement his wrestling.

Cain will get him down QUICK like he did Brown and GNP the fuck out of him, watch people, you heard it here!!!

Cain will get him down QUICK like he did Brown and GNP the fuck out of him, watch people, you heard it here!!!

Actually, we've been hearing about it all over the place these past few weeks.

Cain got Browne down quickly? That's not how I remember it. I thought he knocked him down and proceeded to chop him from there?

Actually, we've been hearing about it all over the place these past few weeks.

Cain got Browne down quickly? That's not how I remember it. I thought he knocked him down and proceeded to chop him from there?

they obviously started out striking but then cain got a hold of him and GNP him mirsously, it was a 2:00 stoppage if I can remmeber, it was a fast fight

Nganou will flatline him in the first imo. That or Cain weathers the early storm and works Francis into a very one sided decision.

they obviously started out striking but then cain got a hold of him and GNP him mirsously, it was a 2:00 stoppage if I can remmeber, it was a fast fight

Nah, it was stopped ten seconds before the round was over. Many people bitched about it, citing Browne's comeback versus Overeem as evidence that he might have turned the tables.

Last edited:
Nah, it was stopped ten seconds before the round was over. Many people bitched about it, citing Browne's comeback versus Overeem as evidence that he might have turned the tables.
he was getting GNP the fuck out man, if you bitch about that stoppage then you are an ignorant fool about stoppages

Back